Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I share that opinion - just that I don't have a SX4 sedan to exchange. I'll buy the SX4 hatchback if it had the 1.6DDIS, not our national engine!
I'll buy the sx4 hatch if it comes out in a sport variant with a 1.6ltr 180 bhp turbo engine
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:43   #17
BHPian

Lovely the sx4 hatch is good as it looks like a small crossover and only thing missing is a diesel.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Speaking of confusing, a tyre company, the brand i keep forgetting, advertised itself on TV using a M&M Scorpio. I initially thought it might be the AD for the 'Refresh' model. Needless to say I was amused to know it was for a tyre company.

You are right. And I always think that tyre company must have charged 50% of the advertisement cost to M&M for using scorpio.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

One more, Royal Bank of Scotland. They showed a figure getting all dressed up and giving measurements for some attire. Initially, I thought it was for a suiting & shirting company (don't blame me, blame big B for his reid and taylor). Turns out its our very own Tendlya for a RBS ad.
Frankly, to a layman, the ad said: Tendulkar looks good in a deep navy blue suit, and some bank is sponsoring it.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:48   #20
BHPian

Pervez : Is it wanderer brand tyres, with black scorpio going a bit offroad??

+ 1 regarding the RBS Ad.

Last edited by mnhegde : 25th May 2009 at 16:01. Reason: Sorry mods, the tyre company name was already mentioned by Mistakenguy.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Pervez : Is it wanderer brand tyres, with black scorpio going a bit offroad??
Yes indeed! MRF Wanderer
Old 25th May 2009, 16:49   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
I really don't understand, Sedan for Hatchback ? why so ?
No, not because my sedan has any problem. I love 'him' to the core. But the SX4 hatch is a pleasure to watch, especially from the rear - much much better than my SX4 sedan.
Old 25th May 2009, 17:44   #23
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
That would be the AD for MRF Wanderer . Even I thought that it was an ad for Scorpio .
Yep Mahindra should pay MRF for the Advt. (Or maybe it is.)

The SX4 Advt by the dealer is just poor work at the dealer end. But understandable.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:47   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

excellent set of points made in this post. I couldnt agree more.

We need the following:

1. Common MRP across India for all vehicles, including all VaT, Local Levies etc.
2. We also need a Common MRP across India for Automotive FUEL - both Petrol and Diesel
3. Fuel Economy Figures must necessarily be reported in standard use conditions and calibrated as well as audited regularly.
4. Free movement of vehicles across the length and breadth of the country, without the road tax hassles.
(Maybe the new fancy number plates being done by UTSAV which have a smart chip embedded in them, will make the journey towards free movement across India a bit easier?)

After all, we are supposed to be one nation arent we or maybe the politicos have missed the point somewhere over these last 62 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
You are spot on with that mate. The car stunts were carried out here in India with an Esteem. The last shot shows Juhi and Kader Khan returning home in some phoren land in a smashed up Ford.
Talking of misleading advertisements, I somehow find the fuel economy figures, car prices and discount claims come with a lot of fine print. Fuel economy figures obtained in standard conditions, prices that are ex-showroom delhi, and discounts that cover everything under the sun including exchange bonus, corporate discounts et al. Shouldnt car manufacturers be asked to provide specific in city and highway figures for F.E, OTR prices for specific cities - say when advertising in Bangalore Mirror they should put down the OTR prices for Bangalore, and only advertise common minimum discounts that can be made available to an average joe.
Old 17th August 2009, 18:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

I wish the Maruti did sell some their SX4 Awd versions as a limited edition series, something they did with their Zen carbon(Unsold lot, whatever). A fast car with more roadholding and a li'l offroading ability(No comparison to Jeeps, though). Wouldn't it be nice?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks