Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 12:04   #1
BHPian

NANO effect and EURO effect in Small Car market

We know that the Tata Nano has been launched and once the Tata Nano plant in Gujarat is fully functional by end of the year 2009, sufficient volumes will be available to satisfy all the demand.

Come April 1st 2010, eleven major cities have to comply with EURO IV emission norms and all major car makers have to upgrade their engines as these cities contibute substantial perentage of their sales.

So in this context let us discuss how the NANO effect and EURO effect will impact the small car market from the 1st qurter of year 2010.

Old 25th May 2009, 18:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

In this forum i read that the Maruti 800 engines will not be upgraded to meet EURO IV norms and only sold in other cities.But in todays ET an article said that 800's engine will be tweaked to conform to new norms.
Very confusing.
Old 25th May 2009, 18:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Tata has already said the the Nano engine is capable of meeting Euro4. Price might go up by about 10K.
Old 11th June 2009, 15:32   #4
BHPian

Is the Santro's engine capable of meeting Euro IV norms ?
Old 11th June 2009, 23:51   #5
BHPian

how many have seeen a nano efffect?The euro effect is more pronounced..A few years back,no Indian would touch a hatch back with a bargepole if it was priced above 4 lakhs an now we have a slew of launches and waiting lists for cars costing double the money.
the euro hatch concept has caught on in India like wildfire.
That hatches would be a status symbol for the upper middle class couldn't even be thougt of a few years back.

And the nano,,somehow its thrust into the sidelines and denied the admiration it desreved.It was supposed to start a price war,but i dont see any starting.And with the recession i was hopin it would give poor blokes like me a chance to get our dream cars cheap in the price cut wars that followed in its wake.but none in sight! If anythin its been a price rise wars(check out the price of the Honda jazz!)

thats just about sums it up in my view
What say everyone?
Old 12th June 2009, 09:32   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
Is the Santro's engine capable of meeting Euro IV norms ?
I doubt it. As far as I know the Epsilon engines (1.5 for Accent, and 1.1 for Santro) are not going to be Euro IV. So you may see the Kappa in the Santro, if it is not phased out (as I would like to be done).
Old 12th June 2009, 11:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Ker View Post
how many have seeen a nano efffect?The euro effect is more pronounced..A few years back,no Indian would touch a hatch back with a bargepole if it was priced above 4 lakhs an now we have a slew of launches and waiting lists for cars costing double the money.
the euro hatch concept has caught on in India like wildfire.
That hatches would be a status symbol for the upper middle class couldn't even be thougt of a few years back.

And the nano,,somehow its thrust into the sidelines and denied the admiration it desreved.It was supposed to start a price war,but i dont see any starting.And with the recession i was hopin it would give poor blokes like me a chance to get our dream cars cheap in the price cut wars that followed in its wake.but none in sight! If anythin its been a price rise wars(check out the price of the Honda jazz!)

thats just about sums it up in my view
What say everyone?

EURO effect is not about european looking hatches but the EURO IV emission norms that come into effect from April 1st 2010 in 11 major cities.
Old 12th June 2009, 14:41   #8
BHPian

First quarter of 2010 will see a Auto expo happen in New Delhi.
Many car manufacturers would showcase their new offerings and future plans during that period. So i would hold my thoughts till then.

I wish Apart from the Euro norms, the safety norms (like NCAP)should come in to picture by then.
The focus should be on making safer, environment friendly and modern cars.

Cheers!
Old 15th June 2009, 22:29   #9
BHPian

.sorry.(all that typing gone waste,stupid me)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks