Team-BHP - Competitors for Mahindra Xylo ???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Competitors for Mahindra Xylo ??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/59305-competitors-mahindra-xylo.html)

Guys,

Do you think if any of the manufacturer will pit in there vehicle to compete against the vehicle pitted by the Mahindra in the form of Xylo.

Lets list out who can give a tough fight with the vehicles in that segment and these are the one's which i could find and thought they could give some sort of fight for the Xylo if released in India with good price tag.

Pour in more pictures and list of vehicles which can be pitted against the XYLO

Hyundai Trajet

Competitors for Mahindra Xylo ???-trajet.jpg

Suzuki APV

Name:  apv.bmp
Views: 16137
Size:  398.0 KB

@ Raghu: In which countries are these vehicles sold?? Are they both available in diesels??

Quote:

@ Raghu: In which countries are these vehicles sold?? Are they both available in diesels??
These are available in most of the countries and i have seen them in Singapore used by most.

Coming to the Diesel engine it depends on them to pit in Petrol or Diesel and both these companies have very good diesel engines which they can use in these vehicles.

There are a few Opel and Renault in the same segment but i do not have the model names and will try to put details once i get it.

i just left a note a wishlist for the APV in my thread on what car . The APV doesnt have the looks however the Hyundai Trajet or Kia Sedona can do better against a Xylo

Renault Espace. i have seen this vehicle in Poland. it looks too good and huge too

I think it should be toyota Avanza that should come here to compete it directly with xylo, but feared it might impact sales of innova if placed with price tag between 7-8L.

I still feel that Sumo Grande is a big competition for the XYLO only if TATA does the following:

Even if the APV or Trajet is launched in India, will they be priced in the range of 6.5 to 7.5 lacs??

SUZUKI APV (Phillippines) - G16A, 1.6L SOHC, 16 valve MPI, 91hp@5750rpm, 127nm@4500rpm. Kerb Weight - 1325kg (8 seater) with 4 speed A/T option.
Overall dimensions
LxWxH :- 4155mm x 1655mm x 1855mm.
wheelbase :- 2625mm.

(source : Auto-search)

+ 1 to that , amtak.

I actually like the design of Sumo Grande way more than that of Xylo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh51 (Post 1320782)
I actually like the design of Sumo Grande way more than that of Xylo...

+1 to that. It looks much cooler and taller than the Xylo. Xylo on the other hand is feature packed and competively priced.

As the saying goes - "Either you get a beautiful wife (Grande) or a rich (featurewise) wife"

i really liked the renault. but xylo's trump card is its pricing. space & comfort follows. even the grande cant beat it on that.
even i feel the grande looks way better than the xylo!

Avanza may be a real good competetor and my next wish list. But the problem is with toyota... They dont wanna sell in volume. This avanza is sold to many small country like Bangladesh but not in India.

Chrysler Van / Dodge Ventura, Chevorlet Van, GMC Suburban, Toyota Previa, Mitsubishi has a vehicle similar to Previa, Hyundai Traijet, Toyota Innova is a direct competitor, so are Travera and Rhino.

Others could be Honda Odessy, Honda Passport, Toyota Hi Ace, Iveco Van, Seat has a van so do Renault but Xylo will be sold as Renault in many countries just like Scorpio and Bolero are Sold as Renault in UK.

the espace if launched would be in innova+ territory.

maybe the ford s-max?

Competitors for Mahindra Xylo ???-smax_07_hr.jpg

or the opel zafira?

Competitors for Mahindra Xylo ???-oz2.jpg

cheers

KIA Carnival MPV