Team-BHP - Ford Focus Diwali Launch
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford Focus Diwali Launch (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5944-ford-focus-diwali-launch.html)

guys,
I read the latest Overdrive.
Focus is being launched at 11 laks price.
what do you guys think?

IF it's true, it would be a great car to have in our market. BUT, the magazines have been predicting the launch of the Focus for years now, so I'm not holding my breath.

Wonder why Ford cant bring in the Mazdas with a Ford badge, since they own that company anyway. The Mazda 6 and 3 would have been much better products than the Mondeo and the Focus...they look so much better than anything else on Indian roads, too.

Steer dude

the focus looks damn neat too ! clean flowing lines ......aahhhh if it comes would be worth the wait !

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Steer dude

the focus looks damn neat too ! clean flowing lines ......aahhhh if it comes would be worth the wait !

I didnt like it all that much, but then looks are a matter of personal tastes. Coming back to the point I was trying to push, the Mazda 3 looks racy in comparison.

If that's true, Ford finally have something better to offer than the Ikon, at a slightly higher cost. Focus is a car worth waiting for.

Agree with Steer. Mazdas on Indian roads .... scorching!

umm, mazda's and their Rotary Engines.
what cars!!, mazda make
Sheer Pleasure

mazdas or focus, ford needs to beef up their portfolio in india...

Wish they also get the fabulous looking hatchback version along with the sedan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_appasani

Hey, have you seen the hatch back version of Focus?
I saw one in Dallas recently.
it looks pretty Nice.

Quote:

Wonder why Ford cant bring in the Mazdas with a Ford badge,
I think Mazda has enough brand value in India to do it alone. Unless they don't want to confuse the buyer with too many different brands, but I'm not a fan of that (can't stand to see the Forester with a CHEVY badge on it!).

As for the cars themselves, I agree that the current crop of Mazda's are really hot! Their racy styling is exactly what the Indian buying public likes, so they really should consider bringing in the 3 and 6 at realistic prices.

Quote:

Little chance of that happening. I think Ford would do a long rethink before launching any more hatchbacks in India after the terrible sales of the Fusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech

Little chance of that happening. I think Ford would do a long rethink before launching any more hatchbacks in India after the terrible sales of the Fusion.

tend to agree.
But what a good car it is.!!
people have to drive it to believe it.

11Lacs is kind of expensive for a car like that.
If i am right it should be in the NHC category right.
It looks good, is fun to drive, should give a good FE, and is big and quite comfortable.
I think people will buy it if it is launched.
I know one person already.

totally agree with Steeroid,, the Mazda 6 and 3 are superb lookers ...not to forget the performance either and in general good cars.
Ford Focus is a nice car as well but I would have preferred to see the fantastic hatchback here but 11 is too steep a price I feel.....launch the sedan at 8-9 or the harch at 5-6 I say :-)