Team-BHP - 4.5 star rating of Swift - Overdrive
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   4.5 star rating of Swift - Overdrive (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5980-4-5-star-rating-swift-overdrive-2.html)

Quote:

City (with A/C) - 12.2 kmpl
Highway (with A/C) - 17.9 kmpl
Highway (with A/C) - 20.7 kmpl
Overall (75 % city driving + 25 % highway wigh A/C) - 14.4 kmpl
Yup, these figures are acceptable considering the test conditions OD impliment.

I think the 20.7 kmpl was supposed to be without A/C (that's a typo for sure).

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGP
always wonder how overdrive determines FE. As I have compared AutoCAR and Overdrive FE figures for other cars, it seems that Overdrive overpricts the FE by 25 to 35 % higher. Any comments guys....

Their imagination is on overdrive... :p

Quote:

always wonder how overdrive determines FE. As I have compared AutoCAR and Overdrive FE figures for other cars, it seems that Overdrive overpricts the FE by 25 to 35 % higher. Any comments guys....
Try a constant 80kmph drive (in 5th gear) without braking and you're there.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu

Shan2nu

agree:

When you brake .... your FE breakes ... thats the simple funda ....
You apply brakes to slow down and then accelerate to get back to that speed .... more fuel is used and hence your efficiency is down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu

Shan2nu

Hmmmm...name one place in India (not including Leh, Ladhak, Sikkim, etc) where one can do that without bumping into someone or something. What do we tell the insurance company - that we were trying to save money?

Quote:

Hmmmm...name one place in India (not including Leh, Ladhak, Sikkim, etc) where one can do that without bumping into someone or something. What do we tell the insurance company - that we were trying to save money?
U can't. OD's figure are not what your car will give every time you take it out. Look at it as the figure your car is capable of.

I always consider both mags. ACI for normal figures and OD for what the car is capable of delivering.

And lastly, you can't achieve the same FE every time you drive your car on the highway. Sometimes, i find that ACI's FE figures are under rated.

They used a long term Vtec, ripped it everytime they took it on the highway and then said it managed a best of 12kmpl.

I get 16+ every time i take the Vtec on the highway.

Nobody's perfect, all these mags have flaws.

Shan2nu

The difference between OD and ACI is that ACI figures are in real world conditions wheras OD is on a track at 80 kmph in 5th as Shan2nu pointed out.
Personally,
our everyday driving figures of our cars differs by 0.1 - 0.2 kmpl in comparision to ACI.
Also ACI performance figures seem quite right.
GTO has done 0-96 kmph in 8.8x sec in his VTEC and ACI claims some 10.xx.

Quote:

GTO has done 0-96 kmph in 8.8x sec in his VTEC and ACI claims some 10.xx.
OD claims 9.92 to 100kmph. Anyway, the point is that 20 kmpl from a Swift 1.3 is achievable.

Shan2nu

Ok.
Bad example but i still believe that Autocar is better and i think it would be wise to wait for the ACI Fe figures and continue the OD vs ACI topic where it belongs.

Quote:

Anyway, the point is that 20 kmpl from a Swift 1.3 is achievable.
I have my reservations. It looks like the Utopian figure of NHC by OD (i.e 27kpl).

But, i would consider money well spent if swift can give b/w 14-17kpl on the highway - the lower limit with AC and the upper limit without it..

i agree with what the vtec guy has to say..if not 20...an 18 is very much possible......the transmission ratios in swift make me believe that swift can post decent mileage figures... provided team bhpians stay away from the car ( :D we gonna rev it hard....)....its all about how you drive the car...

Quote:

its all about how you drive the car
Thats' what it's all about.

If i was a FE concious person, i'd have met up with those OD guys and found out their secret, instead of claiming ther figures to be wrong.

Drive the Swift on an expressway at a constant 80kmph and see how much it delivers.

With the Vtec between 80 and 100kmph, i got 18.6 kmpl (With A/C).

Shan2nu

Buddy, I dunno bout Leh and Ladakh but in Sikkim can't go at 80 kmph in 5th gear without braking for more than a couple of seconds. U'r not gonna bump into anyone, I agree. U'r gonna fall off a cliff. Trust me. I live here and I Have fallen off a cliff. Twice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
Buddy, I dunno bout Leh and Ladakh but in Sikkim can't go at 80 kmph in 5th gear without braking for more than a couple of seconds. U'r not gonna bump into anyone, I agree. U'r gonna fall off a cliff. Trust me. I live here and I Have fallen off a cliff. Twice!

#$@&^ :WTF: :Shockked: