Team-BHP - Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60214-spotted-testing-chevrolet-cruze-edit-pics-pg-5-brochure-pg-15-a-14.html)

Sports just one engine variant 2L VCDi 150BHP/320NM as per Overdrive... IMPRESSIVE???? I would hold until the pricing, lets see if GM India can bail its parent!

Patankar on NDTVs Car & Bike show also had the Cruze sneak peek "exclusive". Two variants, diesel engine (as has been mentioned earlier) launch in 3-4 weeks, he said.

I spoke to the Chevy dealer (who is also a friend), he was very wary of giving any details as probably he didn't have any. He said that it would be priced in between 10 to 15 lacs, will be soft launched in sep when the car will be only in their Godowns and not the showrooms (they will take bookings during this period) and the launch shall be soon after that.
I think the car looks great. It is fresh, has interiors from The Batmobile and has a very good diesel engine (given that it is the same one from the captiva).
Planning to book it if priced around the 12-13 lac mark.

Some pre-production cars are being driven around. From guys who've driven the Cruze, it still doesn't seem "finished" yet. Some rough edges here and there, many finishing touches are required to adapt the Cruze to our conditions.

That said, Chevy is going all out in testing the Cruze. Hopefully, they get the engine, suspension & interiors spot-on by the time of launch.

3-4 weeks is what i heard on TV, regarding the launch and the car looks bloody AWESOME!

Spoke to my dealer today. They expecting the car to be launched later this Month. It will be priced at around 13Lakhs for the Diesel.

The petrol version will be available next year.

13 lakhs would be serious value for money for a 150 bhp diesel.I think the only stumbling block will be the GM has taken a battering due to the negative publicity caused by its bankruptcy.

Not sure how they will manage to sell this considering the sales of their Magnum diesel which albeit a scorcher, is still slow on the charts.

The engine seems to be the same as in Optra. I could see some Cruze photos and at least they looked good.

However, GM has had a history in India of getting some initial demand, but no sustained demand resulting in discounts (and large ones at that) coming in soon. They have very low customer pull and retention. It is uncertain whether Cruze will change that.

The problem with GM is they launch their vehicles at a wrong time. Magnum was launched too late after Octavia have had lions share of the market in that segment. As good as it was, it never threatened Octavia 1.9 TDI. They're doing good in Spark though and did exceedingly well (as per as their expectations) in the case of Captiva.

Cruze, good looking luxury sedan with stonker of a diesel engine and refreshed interiors, will make some serious impact. I think the timing is right and if they can offer fully loaded model within 15L, Happy Diwali to them.

The also have plans to launch small car sometime soon with a 1000 CC diesel engine which will surely make some waves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 1460789)
13 lakhs would be serious value for money for a 150 bhp diesel.I think the only stumbling block will be the GM has taken a battering due to the negative publicity caused by its bankruptcy.

150 BHP and 13L - I doubt they can go in the same sentence in India. If GM does that (and it's a big IF) even Altis and Civic will be shaken.

Its not 150 but 125 bhp, which is still impressive since thats coupled with 300Nm @2000 rpm of Torque. Even if GM prices the Cruze on par with the big names like Civic/Corolla, it has the huge advantage of being a Diesel.

In the UK, as per the latest pricing, the base Cruze S (sedan, 2.0 Diesel, £13,745) is nearly 9% cheaper than the base model Civic(Hatchback, 1.4 Petrol, £14,950). This gives an idea as to how well the Cruze is priced.
At the rumored 13 lacs not only will the Cruze give tough competition to the Japs, it will also make them rethink their strategies on pricing as well Diesel variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbread (Post 1461173)
Its not 150 but 125 bhp, which is still impressive since thats coupled with 300Nm @2000 rpm of Torque.
==========
At the rumored 13 lacs not only will the Cruze give tough competition to the Japs, it will also make them rethink their strategies on pricing as well Diesel variants.

The Indian Variant is 1991CC & 148bhp same as the Chevy Captiva.

Looks like the same vehicle is making rounds all over India. Spotted these two a few hours ago on the busy 100 feet road near vadapalani.

Must be a marketing ply to ensure immediate orders on launch. Being a Marketing guy i would say that would be a good Idea and keep back all potential seekers from going for competition cars though views like these on the thread.

somehow they look like they will outprice themselves, hope they better the market expecatations like the fortuner did.