Team-BHP - Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted Testing - Chevrolet Cruze. EDIT - Pics on Pg-5, Brochure Pg-15 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60214-spotted-testing-chevrolet-cruze-edit-pics-pg-5-brochure-pg-15-a-4.html)

Dont know if the specs are out as yet, but its meant to have a 2.0 litre diesel engine; about 140bhp if I remember correctly. Someone I know drove it and said that the acceleration and engine smoothness was much better than that of the Swift Diesel. Again, dont know if this has been put up here; so please pardon if this is a repeat.

Wow, the car looks good inside out. I just hope they price it well and GM's bankruptcy does not affect it too much. GM India has already started feeling the heat with reduced footfalls at dealerships and lowering resale values.

any idea if we will get the 6 speed auto transmission?

i got information for a dealer friend that the Cruze will be launched around sept end - early october region to cash in the diwali season and models will be priced in the 18-20 lakh range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by obed5579 (Post 1350534)
i got information for a dealer friend that the Cruze will be launched around sept end - early october region to cash in the diwali season and models will be priced in the 18-20 lakh range.

You are right about the launch period. But I think the ranges are way ahead. Not sure of price though. Was thinking around 15L.

if it has to compete with Altis and Civic then it has be to be priced even lower.

I think cruze petrol topend should come at around 11 L OTR and Diesel 12.5L OTR then only it will make some sense.

10-14L is what I've heard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by throttleking (Post 1350981)
I think cruze petrol topend should come at around 11 L OTR and Diesel 12.5L OTR then only it will make some sense.

the current optra diesel top end sells around 12.8 on road in bangalore .Why would they price it similarly.
add another 2-3 lacs to the optra's price for the cruze.
18 lacs is not acceptable for this vehicle with its limited space.
while you get an accord for 20sh.I dont think Chevy is that Dumb to price it so high(maybe)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1351333)
the current optra diesel top end sells around 12.8 on road in bangalore .Why would they price it similarly.
add another 2-3 lacs to the optra's price for the cruze.

and at that price, Optra is already dead. If they try to price is close to Corolla or Civic, they will have one more dud on their hands.

If I remember correctly, I think ET had an article stating that the price would be between Rs 12 to 15 lakhs.

Even I spotted both of them on DG Expressway. Here are the pics

Hey guys,i spotted new Chevrolet Cruz in delhi @ Rajghat. Pics captured while driving, please excuse for bad picture quality.

It seems that GM is openly running test mules all around to simply show that they are still very much committed to India and will be launching new cars. Who knows what the truth is, but the way Daewoo India went down is still very much in the minds of many of the Matiz owners

The Cruze is cruising all over the country!