Team-BHP - XETA with A/C @ 2.59 lacs. Puts an end to competition (alto)gether
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   XETA with A/C @ 2.59 lacs. Puts an end to competition (alto)gether (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60363-xeta-c-2-59-lacs-puts-end-competition-alto-gether-2.html)

daewoo india wasnt much different methinks.

This seems to be great deal for people who want to later convert it into a LPG or CNG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubby (Post 1346710)
This seems to be great deal for people who want to later convert it into a LPG or CNG.

and convert them into car bombs by installing LPG and CNG kits??

besides, tata offer factory CNG and LPG versions anyway at a reasonable price difference

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1346732)
besides, tata offer factory CNG and LPG versions anyway at a reasonable price difference

Parm ji, ae lo, factory fitted bombs at reasonable price difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 1346713)
and convert them into car bombs by installing LPG and CNG kits??

You don't seem to be familiar with Gas conversions. If your statement was true, why would the RTO approve these conversions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarsPG (Post 1346643)
You can buy a Spark for approximately Rs. 320,000 OTR Pune for the model with AC and PS after the various discounts. I guess the XETA with AC and PS will work out to approximately Rs. 3,00,000. Which would people prefer??!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1346670)
indica fits 5 people . spark - not quite
tata will be here tomorrow. GM ?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1346704)
daewoo india wasnt much different methinks.

Agree with the points above for sure! Having said that I'm looking for a city car in the Rs. 3 Lacs - Rs. 3.5 Lacs range and Estillo & Spark are the front runners for me :) .

The only difference that tells if a Indica Xeta is not a Taxi, is the colour of the number plate. Call it positioning, imagery, whatever.

I had talked to a couple of Xeta owners when I was searching around for my car, and they very happy with their car.

IMHO, features wise, the Xeta ought to have been pitted agaisnt the Mid priced hatchs. Tatas are repeating the mistake they committed while positioning the Grande (the "sumo" part of the name) and the "vista" misbranding in pitting the xeta against puny best sellers like the alto.

In my case, what prevailed was the reputation of Tata a/s\s. Now, I may still give Tata cars a second chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kavesh55 (Post 1347171)
The only difference that tells if a Indica Xeta is not a Taxi, is the colour of the number plate. Call it positioning, imagery, whatever.

By that measure even the Innova , Skoda Octavia , Mercedes benz few models , Ford Ikon etc will also be taxi. Innova is a work horse for many taxi operators in North India , rest we all know how they are used as taxi in most developed countries.

If a car is used as taxi it just shows it is reliable , long life , sturdy , cheap to run and good enough for cleints of taxi drivers .So what is wrong with that .
Also it is a budget car who gives a heck how many people own it as long as value for money.Otherwise why is swift DDIS still a rage both in taxi segment and private use .

Let’s not start with the Taxi Image arguement again. It’s been discussed on this forum over & over & over again.
This "Taxi Image" thing actually comes up because India is basically a high power distance society. We are very conscious of our occupations & Dignity of Labour just does not exist. Imagine one of our relative comes up to us in a party & says he's a Taxi Driver. A lot of us will immediately distance ourselves from him. Believe me, this may seem to be exaggerated, but just peer deep down & U'll realize what I'm trying to say!

I find Xeta Good... Real good offer..

My sister's using a Xeta LPG for about 1 year, bought on my recommendation, has found no cause to regret it yet.

Alto anyday for me, even if Xeta is a LAKH cheaper.

I dont think anyone going for either the Alto or the Indica is bothered about image. The primary intention will be owning a family car that offers max. VFM and minimal fuss.
The Xeta sticks to the original tagline of 'more car per car', it beats the Alto hands down in the ride, space, power stakes and is easily the sensible choice.
But the Alto has better mileage and is a Maruti, for many Indians that will do just fine.