Team-BHP - XETA with A/C @ 2.59 lacs. Puts an end to competition (alto)gether
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   XETA with A/C @ 2.59 lacs. Puts an end to competition (alto)gether (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/60363-xeta-c-2-59-lacs-puts-end-competition-alto-gether.html)

from this brochure just arrived:
Trendy new Indica xeta VS old fashioned small car.

Thats a good price but i doubt how many value seekers would fall for it? keeping in mind the high running cost and low resale value.(compared to alto,spark and santro)

Nice VFM deal

Nice title :)

As if the Indica's so new fashioned anyway.But a very nice deal considering the huge interior room and a nice petrol mill.You certainly get more for less!

quite punny lol:

but for how long? I'm not sure if the indica petrol mill will survive BS4. And the alto is quite driveable without PS - not quite the indica, and of course the FE, resale, AS Service etc all dont help either.

And the alto is not THAT old fashioned. actually both the indica and the current alto are '98 vintage

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1346525)
quite punny lol:

but for how long? I'm not sure if the indica petrol mill will survive BS4. And the alto is quite driveable without PS - not quite the indica, and of course the FE, resale, AS Service etc all dont help either.

And the alto is not THAT old fashioned. actually both the indica and the current alto are '98 vintage

Will the Alto survive BS4? The Alto engine is even older than that of the Indica.

The Xeta is even more car per car now. But in terms of sales it comes nowhere near to the Alto!
It would be interesting to know the exact number of Xetas sold every month.

Why haven't they advertised this properly? I only saw this by chance. I think they really have a fantastic product. The xeta is a big car (and that makes all the difference), looks nicer IMO, more space and better ride and handling (?) too. Its a hell of a deal. I'd sacrifice some FE anyday.
Edit: is this OTR?

its actually perception. people think that the indica is a big/expensive car. A friend of mine bought an alto for about 2.8L , and when i asked him why not a xeta, he said it was much more expensive - when i told him the ex showroom prices, he was a bit surprised. even more when i told him that there was a 30k discount available.

he still said that he doesnt want to take chances anyway, and thats why he bought a maruti, but I'm sure I stirred that "what if" thought process in his mind :D

But the xeta is still more expensive to own. lesser FE, and higher parts costs - even higher than that of the diesel

You can buy a Spark for approximately Rs. 320,000 OTR Pune for the model with AC and PS after the various discounts. I guess the XETA with AC and PS will work out to approximately Rs. 3,00,000. Which would people prefer??!!

indica fits 5 people . spark - not quite
tata will be here tomorrow. GM ?????

Tata for Truck and Taxi not VFM!

A petrol TATA ? Not for me, never.

Infact, not buying any TATA in the near future unless they sort out their QC. But for those who have no such apprehensions, does look like a good deal.

Parm, I'd disagree. The average tata vehicle buyer has one purpose - Transportation. Truck and taxi are just derivatives. Other car buyers have other things in mind, like brand value or looks :p

there are a lot of things tata cars aren't. but VFM is not one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1346670)
tata will be here tomorrow. GM ?????

GM too, esp now that the us gov is a major shareholder in it, it def will exist. and thier setup in india isnt too small to simply close shop.

anyways coming back to the topic,i would have picked up the spark anyday.