Team-BHP - Does the fuel price hike affect your driving pattern?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Does the fuel price hike affect your driving pattern? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6218-does-fuel-price-hike-affect-your-driving-pattern.html)

The recent hike in fuel prices of Rs 2.50 and Rs 2.00 in petrol and diesel have undoubtedly shaken the scenario up.

The question is:

Would this fuel hike affect your driving pattern? Would you restrict those high revving moments? Decrease your driving distances? Go really easy to get the maximum mileage? Car Pool and so on

GTO

My answer : An astounding NO! I'd rather work a little harder than drive less or below the redline.

GTO

NO for me. It makes a little difference. If particular about saving that extra bucks, may be I will try to quit smoking, which has got uncountable hidden benefits

No way.....Will drive the way I have been driving all the time.

Driving is one of the few things which I will not compromise on.....I am absolutely passionate about it! :)

It has not affected my driving style so far and will not. Heck that is what i earn for! What is the big deal driving a car below 4k rpm. I'll do that when i am old its now 7K for me. All the way to the redline each time and every time.

The Arabs here will be lol: all the way to the bank hearing these replies...

Another NoPe here. Don't have the restraint to go into economy mode. Although driving a car that gives you 12kmpl of diesel no matter how you drive it kinda spoils you :D

Never thought of linking petrol prices and driving style. So it was a NO NO. But now that you asked it, it is still a NO :) Hmmm...but on second thought, I would use my RX135 more than Petra. But well again, on third thought, it hardly matters since they give similar mileage :D

So, final answer is still a NO.

Yeah.....i do sometimes. my normal drive is always restricted to a max 80kmph....but once a while i do rev the engine a bit.

just of topic....when i started driving in 1993, petrol used to cost 17rs and diesel was 9rs.

I use bike a little more to car but not sure for how many days I will do this :D

My answer is NO. I used ride a RD350, and I'm not commuter , I was a rider and now a driver (zen)

the costs are not gonna affect my driving characteristics or my driving style....but the frequency of redlining may be li'l less.....for example, if i used to drive at 190 kmph for 100 kilometres, then i might change my style to drive at 190 kmph for 189 kilometres, and drive the last kilometre at 180....he..he...

but seriously, the answer is - a big, round, NO..!! i mean, what's the point in being a car /bike fanatic if you can't burn a few extra gallons, eh...??? even if you have to burn a slightly larger hole in your wallet, the irreplaceable feel-good factor, while driving, is well worth it, for us petrolheads...i guess....what say.....

Driving is my only escape....so a fuel hike is not stopping me.

Drifter

cant stop redlining...but maybe..idea of shifting to DXB may come into m mind..... :D

but there they have really strict automobile laws and restrictions on mods and top speeds....so..will stay in india and drive like hell :p

m on the highway to hell.....

haha....man no way will a price hike change my way of driving....i am used to a car which gave me 6kmpl...!!! whether i drove at 3000rpm or redlined it at 8000rpm....
so driving style no change
money spending yes change