Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 19:24   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I don't care much about the facelift...the Civic was always a stunner. Butttttttttttttttt Honda better equip the new Civic with features. Lots of them. The Altis makes the Civic look bared naked, sales numbers show that the Toyota is also outselling the Honda.

Superior trim level = Same price. That's what Honda needs to get back in the C+ segment game.
Old 24th July 2009, 20:57   #32

What changes? could someone elaborate? I don't see any changes on the face of the civic..
Old 25th July 2009, 19:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

I hope they have atleast worked something on the GC part. But the pics dont seem to suggest anything :(
Old 25th July 2009, 20:14   #34
BHPian

More like an excuse to price the civic further away from the city.

Altis still has it beat, better add some exciting interiors and GC...every mm will be appreciated!
Old 25th July 2009, 20:51   #35
BHPian

Didnt find the minor facelift exciting . Infact i liked the front bumper of the previous Civic .
Old 25th July 2009, 21:04   #36
Team-BHP Support

Here's the changes I've spotted (mostly non-consequential):

1. Fog lamps are now round like the new altis unlike the longer rectangular ones which was what the old corolla had as well. I prefer the longer fogs to the rectangular.

2. Front lights and grill very marginally changed.

3. Tail lights inside design touched up.

4. I got the feeling the alloys were slightly diff as well but not sure (look a little better)

[Does anyone have definitive info on any changes to the interiors? Steering controls would be nice.]

If they hike the price for this it will be ridiculous.

I just TD the civic and it bottomed out thrice on the route - I deliberately drove carefully but not EXTRA carefully. As I would take my swift on those breakers. IMO, that's what they should have focussed on - I really really hope they've improved the GC.

Does anyone know when its likely to hit the roads? Honda is being pretty tight lipped as is understandable. If the only changes are what's set out above, I want to pick up the older one with the insurance free scheme before they run out of stock.
Old 25th July 2009, 22:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Here's the changes I've spotted (mostly non-consequential):

1. Fog lamps are now round like the new altis unlike the longer rectangular ones which was what the old corolla had as well. I prefer the longer fogs to the rectangular.

2. Front lights and grill very marginally changed.

3. Tail lights inside design touched up.

4. I got the feeling the alloys were slightly diff as well but not sure (look a little better)

If they hike the price for this it will be ridiculous.

Does anyone know when its likely to hit the roads? Honda is being pretty tight lipped as is understandable. If the only changes are what's set out above, I want to pick up the older one with the insurance free scheme before they run out of stock.
I am in the same boat as you! Pics are posted in the other new civic threads and i think the interior would probably be the same. As mentioned above i think its more of a Pricelift.
I will most probably booking for a civic sometime in the coming week and the info i had got earlier was new version in Sept which is unlikely i think otherwise they should have advertised by now. I think it would be probably be by Dec-Jan, and definitely 30-50k increase in price if not more.

Are you being offered insurance free? I was told 10-15k off. And stocks are limited of the old version, I was told only the V variant is available and that too only in white and silver.
Old 25th July 2009, 23:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't care much about the facelift...the Civic was always a stunner. Butttttttttttttttt Honda better equip the new Civic with features. Lots of them. The Altis makes the Civic look bared naked, sales numbers show that the Toyota is also outselling the Honda.

Superior trim level = Same price. That's what Honda needs to get back in the C+ segment game.

Agree - thats what they 'need' to do. But look on the other hand - everything they launch is overpriced and under equipped. What makes us think they will change the strategy going forward?
Old 26th July 2009, 00:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

the front bumper is like the Type R with round foglamps.

the rear lights are not clear so i cant comment much on those.

the interior will get an integrated music system.

why spoil the overall look of the civic when it is still ahead of its rivals?

we already have the facelifted 2009 civic in dubai.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:06   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay5150 View Post
I am in the same boat as you! Pics are posted in the other new civic threads and i think the interior would probably be the same. As mentioned above i think its more of a Pricelift.
I will most probably booking for a civic sometime in the coming week and the info i had got earlier was new version in Sept which is unlikely i think otherwise they should have advertised by now. I think it would be probably be by Dec-Jan, and definitely 30-50k increase in price if not more.

Are you being offered insurance free? I was told 10-15k off. And stocks are limited of the old version, I was told only the V variant is available and that too only in white and silver.
Launch Date

I suspect the launch will be a lot sooner. IMO (no basis, just gut feel), it'll be pre Dussera. However, I think they'll also take a touch feel assessment based on status of how much existing stock is cleared. I'm interested in purchasing in the next 4 - 6 weeks If the date pushes to late '09, I'll simply postpone my purchase to Jan / Feb. And if I'm pushing that far, then I'll want to re-look at my options and look at the Yeti engine options; Cruz and new Lancer if its launched.

Colors

I've spoken to 4 dealers and White and Silver are all that everyone here has. I think S is not available here either.

Discount / Insurance

On insurance, depends on what you're going for - the insurance free scheme is only on the automatic not the manual (at least in bbay). If you're getting 10-15 K off, they're probably only refunding the cash back they get from insurance. You shd check with an independent insurance agent what the insurance will cost. e.g. when Honda say 50K for insurance, you can actually get it independently for 35K maybe (same insurance cos).

Interior changes

The 1st post in the autocar forum thread where the noida pics were posted mentioned that steering controls will be added. I don't know the basis of the statement though but the person is mentioned as a Moderator so I'm hoping its an informed statement. I can't post on that forum - maybe somebody will ask there.
Old 4th August 2009, 00:43   #41
BANNED

on a serious note. when is this car out now. i waited a year for this got fed up and got something else. on the verge or doing the same again i think if this aint out this month or so.
Old 4th August 2009, 04:37   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
on a serious note. when is this car out now. i waited a year for this got fed up and got something else. on the verge or doing the same again i think if this aint out this month or so.
I've been in close touch with a lot of dealers on the launch date. I think the launch should most likely happen by 1st half of Sept 09.

The changes are expected to be too nominal to have waited a year though. IMO whether you pick up the current civic / facelift is largely immaterial given the kind of changes. If you plan to hold the car beyond 2011 both will probably look equally outdated - that's when the all new Honda Civic is expected to be launched according to grapevine.
Old 4th August 2009, 06:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Launch is supposed to be in August middle with deliveries starting in September.
Old 4th August 2009, 08:20   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Rest assured Honda will NOT do it. After all Honda is Honda Boss
Old 4th August 2009, 12:00   #45
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
the front bumper is like the Type R with round foglamps. the rear lights are not clear so i cant comment much on those. the interior will get an integrated music system. why spoil the overall look of the civic when it is still ahead of its rivals?
As the changes are merely cosmetic, a friend of mine is contemplating on booking the current Civic. Don't think he will miss out on a lot.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks