Team-BHP - Landrover LRX to be manufactured in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Landrover LRX to be manufactured in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/62343-landrover-lrx-manufactured-india.html)

This could be the best news in a long long time.According to carwale.com/blog tata is considering producing LRX in India whic could mean we could get Landrover for crv money.Kudos to Tata.

what is LRX?

The next car on my list to buy is the Land Rover Defender 110 SW. Hope Tata brings it here

Great ! Another Softroader:Frustrati

India is awash with softroaders. What we need is the Defender !!

This is probably one of those publicity things by carwale, probabaly not going to happen. Doesn't the deal with Ford include some contingency where they cant move production to India for the next 5 years or so?

IF ever produced, the LRX is going to be the best looking SUV in the world. Just look at the concept!

If it's true, its good news. However would definitely like to see some real off-roaders from the LR/RR stable being produced here.

Just a clever worded piece news from carwale to garner readership. Looking at the size, the car has been engineered for the European motorways and narrow town streets.

an Indian made LRX will surely not do well in Europe where there is a strong demand for Europe built cars. You will hardly see a jap car in central Europe on the streets. If they want to sell and at a premium, LR will assemble the car in the UK while they may source parts from India/China. At best we will see imports 2-3 months after its available in Europe. Would be nice if TATA considered the CKD route for this soft roader. Whatever said its going to be a seller on the looks alone.

the car to watch out fro would be the new defender due 2013

It is no longer caller LRX, the production version is called Range Rover Evoque. The vehicle looks very cute. But is not it smaller than even CRV? In this video (Range Rover Evoque: Live | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express) the person is standing next to the SUV and height of the vehicle seems low comparing to rest of soft-roaders we have.

Me personally , I'd hate to see a LR designed like this . This car reminds me of the 2011 Ford explorer (concept i think).

Please Tata, rewamp the LR lineup in tune with its heritage. You're an owner of the only uber premium SUV marque. RR's and Bentleys have not wavered form their design principles and yet remain future proof. Thats what makes them that extra special and hope LR uses the same philosophy .

The LRX is no more a concept, its now called the Evoque. Although it was revealed in July the car will have a public debut at the Paris motor show this year and sales will start by the first financial quarter of 2011. This will be the sportiest, most fuel efficient and environment friendly Range Rover yet.

It will be made at JLR's Halewood plant. THIS WILL NOT BE MADE IN INDIA. I dont know what Carwale smokes but thats utter rubbish.

>>>
I reckon that the Tatas won't do anything which will diminish the cachet of the Land Rover marque. As correctly pointed out above, what they can do is source some parts from India for its assembly in Britain to manage costs better and importantly assist Tata Motors and its vendors scale up in engineering and design sophistication and quality of production, delivery etc.

China is an important market for LR, I guess India, Brazil and Russia will follow suit. However, it is too early to 'modify' LR's attributes (design, engines, image) to Indian tastes or even Chinese tastes.

Therefore, Indian LR aficionados will have to live with a Euro spec LR, just as the Porsche/BMW ( e.g., M) /Bentley aficionados do- and that confers these marques with a certain snob value.

I am sure if I were to be in the happy position of being such an aficionado, I'd love it:).

Regards

What i heard is that TATA was planning to Manufacture the Freelander in India and not any other model for now.

I believe the Freelander will be assembled in India, which will give LR Tax/Duty savings.

JLR have given hints that the Evoque (formerely LRX) will start from £30k (Rs. 30 lacs), so once it comes to India and gives the Goverments dues I think it will end up somewhere in the 40lac range.

Evoque not to be assembled in the near future. Tata gearing up the Pune plant to next assemble CKD of Jaguar XF 2.0D (end 2012). Evoque may be assembled sometime in 2013/2014.

Its XF 2.2D if i am not wrong