Team-BHP - Baleno VXI or Optra 1.6 LT
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Baleno VXI or Optra 1.6 LT (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6261-baleno-vxi-optra-1-6-lt-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kallil
both these cars are in different segments.the baleno vxi is abt 6.5lakhs and very good VFM.but if you have 7.5 in the bag then y bother.

guys i just came back from ROHAN maruti showroom (delhi)...
the salesman quoted 5.04 lacs exs for the Vxi ...

i asked him twice and confirmed again he said it was the VXI ..unbelievable

to my disappointment ..my dad was very unimpressed by the Baleno, he hated the dull interiors ride he said was bad compared to our Opel .. cabin noise was higher ...
we are considering the optra1.6 now ..it looks and feels much fresher, bigger car, much more appealing .. and is very reasonably priced ..
..i have no option but to comply .. but as a family car ...an optra is more luxurious and has a higher status than the baleno...
as for me i'd take to the performance of the baleno anyday ...

I do not know who moved this here. Whoever done this, pl. tell me why you have done this?
May be 'GTO' can answer........

Optra is really better when it comes in comparison with baleno.....if its a financial matter baleno otherwise optra is the better bet.... U have seen Narain Karthikeyan's Ad for Speed fuel have'nt u??? he drives the optra man....

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
guys i just came back from ROHAN maruti showroom (delhi)...
the salesman quoted 5.04 lacs exs for the Vxi ...

i asked him twice and confirmed again he said it was the VXI ..unbelievable

to my disappointment ..my dad was very unimpressed by the Baleno, he hated the dull interiors ride he said was bad compared to our Opel .. cabin noise was higher ...
we are considering the optra1.6 now ..it looks and feels much fresher, bigger car, much more appealing .. and is very reasonably priced ..
..i have no option but to comply .. but as a family car ...an optra is more luxurious and has a higher status than the baleno...
as for me i'd take to the performance of the baleno anyday ...

You are confusing me again - where is Baleno VXI at 5.04? Are you sure???? - The VXI is at 5.88 on road with all discounts at play.....at 5.04 the baleno would be all over the place !!!

Can you feed Team-BHP with specifics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
You are confusing me again - where is Baleno VXI at 5.04? Are you sure???? - The VXI is at 5.88 on road with all discounts at play.....at 5.04 the baleno would be all over the place !!!

Can you feed Team-BHP with specifics?

I think he mentioned that it was exs - which I presume to be ex-showroom. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak7116
Optra is really better when it comes in comparison with baleno.....if its a financial matter baleno otherwise optra is the better bet.... U have seen Narain Karthikeyan's Ad for Speed fuel have'nt u??? he drives the optra man....

He also Drives a Jordan & if he advertised that,
I woulkd still go for a Maclaren, renault or Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMG
My friend wants to buy a new car and his budget is around 7.5 - 8.0 lacs. He has narrow down to Baleno or Optra 1.6. He wants keep this car for about 7 - 8 years. He will put about 10K per year and his priority .....

Driving comfort
Performance
ASS
Maintenance cost
Mileage

Which one is the best?

BUt a baleno will never last for 8 years. It's build quality is still maruti kinda. I mean it will also last 15 years if your friend wants. But I certainly believe a fiat petra or an optra will last longer and better.Though an excellent car Baleno is already outdated.

Thanks to all of you. My friend has decided to go for Optra 1.6 LT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative
I think he mentioned that it was exs - which I presume to be ex-showroom. :)

Even with 5.04 ex - the on-road price for VXI would be only close to 6 0r 5.5 with insurance free !!!

Where are u guys getting these deals?