Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 19:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
If this continues, it wont be long before Skoda packs bags and leaves the country.
Not likely. Their marketing spend puts food (and dessert) on the table of a lot of journalists. Just wish they spent this on their product and customers.

Skoda (and some other makers in India) rely on the `chain philosophy': You can fool most some of the time, but equally when they see the light, you can fool some all the time.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:44   #47
BHPian

This is by far the scariest thing I have ever heard! Oil not replaced after being drained out. This is unpardonable. What are the quality checks put into place to capture such grave errors? If you can't get the basics right, they are not fit to be dealers/service centres whatever you want to call it. I am appalled by each new post I read and very concerned for owners who have had and are having to deal with this nightmare.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:17   #48
BHPian

Hi I own own a Fabia 1.4 petrol. It is one of the first lot they introduced in India. Mine is a bit underpowered sometime in first gear. Otherwise no other problem I have faced till now.
There are rumours that they will replace it.... Wondor what is happening now.
Old 13th August 2009, 17:00   #49
BHPian

One of my friend who owns a Laura in Mysore gets his car serviced at home by one of his trusted mechanics. I sent him the links of all the horror stories and he was completely shocked. He said its a blessing in disguise that Skoda does not have a service center in Mysore. He said he will be extra careful if he gives his car to TAFE in Bangalore. Poor guy had a Corola earlier and traded it for the Laura. Till now, there have been no issues with laura though.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 13th August 2009 at 17:16.
Old 13th August 2009, 20:10   #50
BHPian

Wow, the callous attitude from Skoda continues.They really do not deserve to be in business anymore, good cars or not...
Old 14th August 2009, 07:55   #51
BHPian

2 Year Warranty on Skoda Geniune Parts

SkodaAuto India announced an introduction of 2 years warranty on Škoda Genuine Parts and Škoda Genuine Accessories with effect from August 15, 2009. Starting August 15, 2009 the two year warranty will be available on Skoda Genuine Parts & Accessories across the product range which includes the Škoda Superb, Škoda Octavia, Škoda Laura and Škoda Fabia.

According to Mr. Jiri Ihln, head of Skoda Genuine Parts & Accessories, the introduction of 2 years warranty is a new initiative by SkodaAuto India to bring down the cost of ownership for customers and secure the quality of the product for a longer period. In line with the company’s warranty terms and conditions, parts & accessories purchased from August 15, 2009 onwards will be applicable for two years warranty.

ŠkodaAuto India has been riding the year of 2009 on a high note, the new Škoda Superb secured the No. 1 position in the D segment in India with sales figures of 212 units in June 2009 and 250 units in July 2009 respectively.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:15   #52
BHPian

Bringing down the cost of maintenance is a good effort from Skoda. But the most worrisome aspect has been near absence of their dealer's training and monitoring systems and also Skoda's reluctance to punish immediately their errant dealers. Skoda should also understand that they as a principal company are fully responsible and acountable for their dealer's unethical business practices and should compensate the customer immediately.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:33   #53
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The new 2 year warranty on spares, would let me now go ahead and replace the Flywheel due for a change now (65,000 kms in 3.5 years) with the added peace of mind of 2 year warranty. Since it is an Auto, if it were to be wasted before 2 years skoda would have to acknowledge and replace the part I guess. (assuming logic holds stay)

Besides the extention of service interval to 15,000 kms / 1 year this is a second major step that they have taken. I think they must be reviewing the service centres in parallel but this would not be noticed by us upfront.
Old 21st September 2009, 17:47   #54
BHPian

I was new out here and I am considering Punto vs. i20 vs. Fabia (diesel models) and thanks to all you folks, I have become much wiser about the choices.

One of my need was to TD at approx 120/130 km/hr, but haven't been able to get that done - most dealerships are in city and so can't get a long stretch. However, when I took the test drive of Fabia 1.4 TDi Asset Auto in Pune (on Sunday), the folks were very co-operative, and allowed me to take on highway and test as I pleased. And I was quite happy with overall experience, except for the engine noise.

The deal that was offered, with possible corporate discount, will be approx. Rs. 6.10 lakhs on road in Pune for Classic TDi model. (Corporate discount was yet to be confirmed). That was really, really tempting. The dealer's folks also promised that it will be a different Skoda experience from now on...

But the discussions in this forum brought me back to senses, and I don't think I am opting for it.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by privin View Post
But the discussions in this forum brought me back to senses, and I don't think I am opting for it.
Well it is your money so do be careful. However, things do seem to be changing at Skoda with good company level action with the Roadworx scam and the warranty on genuine parts now.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:58   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewithwind View Post
Hi I own own a Fabia 1.4 petrol. It is one of the first lot they introduced in India. Mine is a bit underpowered sometime in first gear. Otherwise no other problem I have faced till now.
There are rumours that they will replace it.... Wondor what is happening now.
Hi, they have infact pulled back all of the 1.4 petrol from the market. read my link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...g-machine.html

I would suggest take your money and not the replacement with the diesel.

AshutoshB has rightly said they replaced a LEMON WITH A LEMON, in my case
Old 3rd July 2010, 15:54   #57
Team-BHP Support

My neighbours son inlaw drives in from Kottayam in his new Superb. Strange clunking noise when braking. He rang Skoda service and someone promptly came to see the car the next day and reapired it - a cracked dust shield
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:09   #58
Team-BHP Support

Was the Superb running within the Warranty? Need to see how these guys after the warranty? If they do the same, we have only price problem to solve!
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:27   #59
BHPian

In its July issue, Autocar India has done a comparison of cost of spare parts. And here's the pleasant surprise! Skoda Superb is the cheapest of all the cars in its segment.
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:01   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
In its July issue, Autocar India has done a comparison of cost of spare parts. And here's the pleasant surprise! Skoda Superb is the cheapest of all the cars in its segment.
I also read that and was immediately reminded of Smart Cat's thread.
But somehow could not believe about Skoda to be cheap!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks