Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2005, 12:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

B+ segment - Hot cake in Indian Market

A and B segment buyers want to upgrade it B+ segment which has got almost all the features of C segment expect interms of size & also cost effective. More manufacturers are targeting this segment please get the details@

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1144253.cms
Old 7th July 2005, 13:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Four more entrants are planned, including the Chevrolet Aveo, the Nissan Micra, Toyota’s unnamed small car and Honda’s Jazz.
Nissan Micra
-comes typically as a 2 door hatchback..hmmm but then so does the corsa ..4dr is not much of a looker ..
comes in uK in 1.0L ,1.2L ,1.4L and a 1.5L diesel
nissan seems non existent even after the launch of the X-trail

toyota hatchback?
- there is the Matrix ..but then its a BIG 4WD hatch ! comes with 1.8 corolla engine ..

Honda Jazz
- i dont know man ..its the same NHC plain UGLY ..

i am looking out for the Aveo and how much GM asks for it ..
Old 7th July 2005, 13:43   #3
BHPian

Aveo with a 1.6L (against palio) & 1.3L (against swift) options should prove to be a better option!
Hope GM prices them competitively.
GM can aim to top its slots by providing right pricing and good warranty packages.

Nissan micra looks more like a Beetle.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 7th July 2005 at 13:48.
Old 7th July 2005, 14:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

being the first in its class palio 1.2/1.6 both need fresh interiors ...something new to which the customers should be attracted to along with a competetive price...or else its sales will further taper ... if they load up a few goodies Palio can take the fight to most of new arrivals except the swift ...
Old 7th July 2005, 16:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
Nissan Micra
-comes typically as a 2 door hatchback..hmmm but then so does the corsa ..4dr is not much of a looker ..
comes in uK in 1.0L ,1.2L ,1.4L and a 1.5L diesel
nissan seems non existent even after the launch of the X-trail
It seems that Nissan has decided to take a much more aggressive stance it India. They are ramping up their dealership network in preparation to launch new products. This months Autocar India has details.

And btw, isn't the Micra/March due for a facelift or a new model soon? Hope they launch the new one if that is the case.

Quote:
toyota hatchback?
- there is the Matrix ..but then its a BIG 4WD hatch ! comes with 1.8 corolla engine ..
This months ACI says that Toyota has finalized on the Daihatsu Sirion as the small car for India. There was a picture - it has the same general proportions as the Swift, but looks much blander - almost uglier.

Quote:
Honda Jazz
- i dont know man ..its the same NHC plain UGLY ..
IMO, the Jazz looks much better than the NHC. In fact, I'd say it looks nearly as good as the Getz. Of course, the Swift is unquestionably the best looking of the pack.

Quote:
i am looking out for the Aveo and how much GM asks for it ..
The Aveo is based on the Kalos. Not a bad car, but it has really dreary grey plastic interiors. On the other hand, all small cars in India have dreary grey plastic interiors.

Then, there is also the VW Fox, but it looks like that has been delayed because of the corruption scandal. Also the Skoda Fabia but that has been "coming any day now" for over three years.
Old 7th July 2005, 21:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob
This months ACI says that Toyota has finalized on the Daihatsu Sirion as the small car for India. There was a picture - it has the same general proportions as the Swift, but looks much blander - almost uglier.
And is a much better car...

Quote:
IMO, the Jazz looks much better than the NHC. In fact, I'd say it looks nearly as good as the Getz. Of course, the Swift is unquestionably the best looking of the pack.
Jazz is a great looking car - better than the Getz or any of the others availabl today. THe swift cant be compared with the Jazz (or even the Getz) because it is apparant that the car is one full size smaller.

Quote:
The Aveo is based on the Kalos. Not a bad car, but it has really dreary grey plastic interiors. On the other hand, all small cars in India have dreary grey plastic interiors.
Aveo is a much better can than all the other mentioned here including the Jazz and the over-hyped (here) Skoda Fabia.
Old 8th July 2005, 08:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Jazz is a great looking car - better than the Getz or any of the others availabl today. THe swift cant be compared with the Jazz (or even the Getz) because it is apparant that the car is one full size smaller.
Ok, I'll grant you that, but then you will also need to compare the prices and equipment levels (what you get for the price) once these cars come out. I'll be interested to see how cheaply Honda can price the Jazz without stripping it down to a tin box.

Quote:
Aveo is a much better can than all the other mentioned here including the Jazz and the over-hyped (here) Skoda Fabia.
Actually I am considering buying a Swift, but if the Aveo is clearly better, do you think it would be better for me to wait for it?

Anyways, I can say is: Maruti, enjoy it while it lasts!

Competition is always good for the consumer. Looks like heady times are coming up for the B segment buyer.

Last edited by johnjacob : 8th July 2005 at 08:41.
Old 8th July 2005, 11:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Daihatsu in India

The entry of Daihatsu now stands confirmed.

Toyota Motor Corporation plans to invest about $89 million with mini-vehicle unit Daihatsu Motor Co. to build a factory in India to produce 100,000 small cars a year from as early as 2007...

Please follow link.
http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/jul/08toyota.htm

For a view of the Daihatsu Sirion
http://www.daihatsu.com/catalogue/
Old 8th July 2005, 13:09   #9
BHPian

Sirion almost looks like a Swift (at least the front)
Toyota plan sounds promising. Let us get Sirion, Aygo, Yaris etc.,

Last edited by LandCruiser : 8th July 2005 at 13:10.
Old 8th July 2005, 16:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually I am considering buying a Swift, but if the Aveo is clearly better, do you think it would be better for me to wait for it?
I'd say wait for it - in any case you WILL have to wait a few months even if you do book a Swift, so why shouldnt you have the choice as well?

I tend to go with the school of thought that says that the Swift is over-hyped. I havent seen the version sold in India, but I did see one in Dubai. I believe it competes with the likes of the Kia Picanto (Hyundai Santro with different nose and tail job) here, and its quite cramped for space too.

The Aveo or any of the other new entrants should be worth the wait, and if you're not allergic to Korean cars the Getz is extremely competent too - since your avtar says 'Paris' I'm assuming you've seen that the car does very well in Europe.
Old 8th July 2005, 19:30   #11
BHPian

WHat is a really neatt lookin machine in that segment is the Honda Fit (or fitt??)
Saw it Japan Last year. Tons of them on the road
Old 9th July 2005, 08:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
WHat is a really neatt lookin machine in that segment is the Honda Fit (or fitt??)
Saw it Japan Last year. Tons of them on the road
Isn't the Fit the Japanese name for the Jazz? Then what you saw is the hatchback version of the NHC (with some differences - I believe the Jazz/Fit has a wider body than the NHC). Sweet car, though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks