Team-BHP - Poll: Can the new Sonata finally add pizzazz to Hyundai's Indian lineup?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Poll: Can the new Sonata finally add pizzazz to Hyundai's Indian lineup? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/64576-poll-can-new-sonata-finally-add-pizzazz-hyundais-indian-lineup.html)

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on the Hyundai Sonata Official Review Thread. Thanks

Well, the first pics of new Sonata are leaked out and my initial impression is WOW!
Can it take away some sales from Accord?
If properly marketed, Hyundai sure has a hit on their hands.

Yes, this could have been on the international automotive scene but I wanted to gauge initial public reaction so request to mods not to move this thread anywhere.

Looks pretty impressive ... However, I do not believe Indians would consider shelling out money for luxury from Hyundai. That's one of the reasons why none of Hyundai's offerings on the other side of 10L have not clicked in this market.

It is also because, Hyundai has built an image in India like that of Maruti i.e. of a small car manufacturer and cars for sub-10L.

I agree ^^ that the old Sonata and embera could be easliy skipped for same segment cars from counterparts but those pictures of the new sonata are something. This would be hard to skip. Nice find Sid.
The front grill in the first pic looks more like the ANHC.

The side profile is nice. Didn't like the front that much.

Well, it is dependent upon price. As witnessed till now in Indian market Hyundai is not very successful above Rs. 10 lakh bracket. This is because of its budget car image. I doubt if this car can be successful.

And the car itself is again a nice amalgam of various designs which in the first place is not good IMHO. If I am going in for a Rs. 15-17 lakh car, I would love to see a design that has originality like Accord or Camry or even Passat. They have not copied designs.

I would say NO.

Looks great. but it depends on what is under the hood!!

I join prince_pervez, gril is cousin of ANHC's. No doubt on the design and style but Hyundai lacks brand image when it comes to upper segment cars.

Though Tucson is a good boy, it is not preffered over an outlander or fortuner or the X trail. Lets see whether the new Sonata makes a wave in Asian Market.

Looks good, Looks Cool, Looks like a mix of the Camry, Accord and the New S-Class - But highly camoflaged this time round.

Will depend on how they price it, 2-3 L less than the accord and they have the game on.

From the front grille, I thought it was the ANHC. Side profile looks sleeeek! For it to be a success, Hyundai has to market it well and top end model should be cheaper than low end Accord.

Tone down the front JUST a little bit. Winner.

The front of the car looks more like :D
The grill.... Hyndai just can't get it right.

And, I see a mix of Camry & ANHC.

BTW, the photograph is taken in the worst lighting possible for automotive photography.

She looks great! Hope it comes to India

Quote:

The front of the car looks more like :D
the pic has been shot with wide angle lens. thats why it looks like that. may be in real it wouldnt look stretched to sideways

Looks good. It all depends on engine specs, price and most importantly- how Hyundai markets it!!!!

I am not very optimistic of its success. It could be because of the brand value associated with hyundai. I also see the front part in the side view strikingly similar to i20.