Team-BHP - New compact SUV from Premier Auto. EDIT: Rio quick testdrive on page 10
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New compact SUV from Premier Auto. EDIT: Rio quick testdrive on page 10 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/64918-new-compact-suv-premier-auto-edit-rio-quick-testdrive-page-10-a-17.html)

This months Auto Bild reports that Premier and Fiat are almost set on finalizing a deal to source the 1.3L MJD for the Rio.
If this deal goes through then it might help in bringing in some sales for the Rio.

There is no similar vehicle on the Indian road at the moment.Hey honestly I like the looks of this vehicle. By my mind is doubtful of its Chinese dependent and Indian partner Premier.

Had this vehicle been introduced by Maruti then it could have been a great success.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnair (Post 1653212)
This months Auto Bild reports that Premier and Fiat are almost set on finalizing a deal to source the 1.3L MJD for the Rio.
If this deal goes through then it might help in bringing in some sales for the Rio.

The Same issue also has a small test drive of the Rio which agrees with the members opinion about the interior quality. But it also mentions that the gear shift is smooth (Zoyte derieved and not PAL) and is also good at handling Potholes. If only this car was backed by a better manufacturer with a better *** this could be a winner.

:OT: FIAT is really the first destination in India for anybody who want diesel engine, regardless of whether their cars sell. Have Hyundai missed an opportunity by not setting up a diesel plant and supplying their engines to the other have-nots / startups in the Indian industry? (Amby could do with a Common Rail Diesel, or maybe ICML - they have one now but if they are going to diversify to build something else why not?)

Too High price with too little to offer.
With such an offering, Premier has signed its own death certificate before even being born.

Just imagine, PW only in the front for a Rs 6-7 lac car is simply not acceptable.
This is going to be a doomed car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by allana13 (Post 1634288)
Dude every one deserves a 2nd chance, i agree their customer service sucks however i am sure they will look in to it and if they dont then i guess they do not have a right to trade.

Cheers

Fiat1100 car was a much advanced car in her times, even when it came with Premier Padmini name it was a the best car available in India at that time.

But thanks to Premier Auto which was sleeping untill Padmini was old enough to race with new generation cars. If Premier had upgrated the Padmini from time to time it would have been face-off.

Premier Auto now has launched Rio SUV, I request all Fiat Fans to stay away from the Rio and lets others too stay away from that car. Because Premier Auto does not care for its cars and there owners.

Last time when they stopped production of their cars, they did not provided any kind of help with spare and service. Some person who bought car like Uno, Padmini etc felt helpless at a sudden.

I request all the Fiat Club to join and protest against Premier Auto for there past behaviour to its faithfull customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWind (Post 1653757)
Have Hyundai missed an opportunity by not setting up a diesel plant and supplying their engines to the other have-nots / startups in the Indian industry? (Amby could do with a Common Rail Diesel, or maybe ICML - they have one now but if they are going to diversify to build something else why not?)

Hyundai missed a bigger opportunity of selling it's own diesels competitively by not moving fast in setting up the diesel plant. The i10 1.1 diesel which sidindica drove would have been a real force to reckon with and it would have shaken Maruti for sure. And, i20 CRDi could have been priced reasonably without the imported diesel motor.

On the MJD- This is a great option if it is going to happen. But I would still prefer umpteen number of other models with the MJD to buy as a second hand and mod it instead of buying from PAL.

The guys at Premier at Auto Expo confirmed that Multijet Rio will be out by April'10.

I feel the car could be a worthy adversary to the ICML's Rhino. The Rhino's doing good enough numbers in semi urban and rural areas (at least in Jharkhand it is).

Nevertheless, the Rio, I feel at about 4.5 Lakhs or so, it could be a good car for public transportation, what say ??

Yes, the vehicle looks good. With FIAT engine, decent interior and decent buld quality at around 5L price range may find some buyers in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnair (Post 1653212)
set on finalizing a deal to source the 1.3L MJD for the Rio.

I don't think sourcing an engine for the Rio will be a problem....the real issue for the Rio has to do with sourcing customers :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1706946)
I don't think sourcing an engine for the Rio will be a problem....the real issue for the Rio has to do with sourcing customers :D

+1 to that.!

Well said GTO,I wonder how many people in India will buy this car..! Does anyone over here in the forum have the sales figures of Rio..?

Anyway let's wait and see..!

For sure there will be buyers, after ALTO worked out well for MUL.
Rio is better :)

I met a PAL representative last weekend, he was saying that PAL is trying for engine from the FIAT for their Rio:Shockked:, can someone confirm? don believe these guys..

I dont think thats true.

It doesn make sense to have an old fiat engine.

Yet it still needs to be confirmed:eek:

^^^ they are talking about sourcing the Fiat MJD engine which is there in the Punto,Swift etc. for the Rio.