Team-BHP - In 24 hours, three cars launched!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   In 24 hours, three cars launched! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/65157-24-hours-three-cars-launched.html)

Mercedes Benz>> Special Edition C class
Ford>> Mid-Life model facelift Endeavour
Honda>> Mid-Life model facelift Honda Civic

merc launched C to counter the rise of BMW in India.

ford had to counter Fortuner as the fortunes of endeavour were threatend!

civic did needed a face lift as people were getting bored with the same car for a long time and honda usually does a mid life model face lift after 3 years of launch.

what do the guys in Tbhp think?

I think the most "Vella" upgrade is the Civic. I can hardly see any changes in it. Honda need to understand that people need REAL upgrads than putting fog lights in the bumper.

Endy Facelift looks the best amongst the three. I really like the bonnet and the eyes.

@ nitinralli - I totally agree with you on the feedback for civic , any idea if there are any changes in the footwear because i read somewhere that the new civic would also come without standard alloy fitment . I've also sent you a PM.

The Merc looks great, The Endy has been given a feline look and the Civics got married and got fatter in the face. The previous endy was a looker. Mean and no nonsense sorta.

3 cars launched
all of them are upgrades of the previous version

and i dont find anything new about the Civic

The first gen endy was the best looking IMHO. it also looks like the gen 2.5 has borrowed some lines from Landy. Gen 2, now Gen 2.5 what next?

The C-class was launched few days ago and not in the last 24 hours at least.

The Merc gets the sports grill? IMHO,its looks better with this grill; ferocious.

The Civic doesn't require a face lift, it requires a total lift, literally, to overcome the atrocious speedbrakers we have here. Like I said the front looks more squarer/boxy and monotonous/lethargic.

Not three car launches, three cars are back from the beauty parlour :D The beauticians couldnt fix the civic much, the the merc and endy look cool ! Love that merc grill.

It seems Honda still seems to feel that they can charge anything and get away with it, because customers kill to get a Honda. Civic AT for >14 (is that right). What is that. Input costs have gone down 25-30% in last 1 year. Perhaps more marginal customers are now finding Civic out of reach as reflected in its 26 mth decline. Still sleeping.

Well this implies that the economic condition in India is getting well steadily.

I don't really see that with this cosmetic change, CIVIC's sales would really improve. Those who were waiting for the facelift Civic would now be in a position to make a choice and I believe, the launch of this facelift civic will result in more number of Altis being sold than civic. Only time will tell! Will be eagerly watching the sales figure for both the cars for sept & oct.

The Endy definitely looks a stunner...more butch...more 'dont mess with me' looks. The Merc now seems like a 30 something's car; a boy racer. Civic is disappointing...cant find any stand-out upgrade features...more of 'face-lift for the sake of a face-lift'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1474945)
The Civic doesn't require a face lift, it requires a total lift, literally, to overcome the atrocious speedbrakers we have here. Like I said the front looks more squarer/boxy and monotonous/lethargic.

Needs a skirt lift IMHO!