Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 20:24   #1
BHPian

Toyota hiking Altis prices in October ? EDIT: Price hike in all models in Jan 2010

Today, I received a SMS from a leading Toyota dealer in Bangalore giving a price hike alert for Altis effective October 1, 2009. Not sure, what Toyota is up to - given the recent Civic re-launch and Cruze launch later this month, it makes little sense for Altis price to go up. Is a new Altis trim coming from Toyota ? If anyone has more information, please share.
Old 15th September 2009, 08:34   #2
BHPian

Yes prices will go up by upto 1.5% on all models of Toyota from 1st October. No new Altis upgrade seem to be coming.

Any body planning to buy any Toyota should buy now.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:29   #3
BHPian

Yes this is true

I had been to the DSK Showroom (Pune) and the salesman confirmed that the prices will go up all across the board. Expected hike for Altis is about 20-25K. I met another gentleman there who was complaining bitterly - "Dilwali mein grahak ko kyun kaat rahe ho khalli pilii".
I added my own two cents, New Civic model, same old Altis, bad pricing move, blah blah
Old 15th September 2009, 13:15   #4
BHPian

This action seems just like the one Honda did in March- Announcing 15 days prior to price hike in order to get max. sales .
Another reason for this announcement is to eat up sales of civic. As we all know, Honda launching an upgraded version means increased sales of Honda cars.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:33   #5
BHPian

Yes , Infact toyota has a practice to review prices during Sept-Oct Every year . It will not be restricted to altis or any one model, But change can happen across the models . IMO do expect a nominal Price rise on Innova & Corolla in sometime soon
Old 15th September 2009, 13:35   #6
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually Altis (read toyota) can afford to raise prices marginally as the new Civic has been over priced and really does not make as much sense as the Altis. Plus OND quarter involves dropping prices month on month (through discounts) and a rise in price right now works well in marketing terms.

Not good for the customers, but definately a smart markeing move.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:44   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Actually Altis (read toyota) can afford to raise prices marginally as the new Civic has been over priced and really does not make as much sense as the Altis. Plus OND quarter involves dropping prices month on month (through discounts) and a rise in price right now works well in marketing terms.

Not good for the customers, but definately a smart markeing move.

And I don't think any new model is likely to come up, even after the facelifted Civic, the Altis is still more loaded !
I expect the Cruze to shake up this market- Interiors, features and styling are top notch. Although the civic-ish rear tailamps are a let down.
Old 4th October 2009, 01:23   #8
BHPian

It is done. Toyota India website is updated with new prices. Altis price went up by 15K across all variants.

Toyota introduced its latest dual-VVTi engine Altis in many of the Asian countries. When is it coming to India ? The car seems to have some changes in the dashboard /steering too.
Old 24th November 2009, 18:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Two Price Hikes in Car Prices Expected in 2010.

Just got this news that there is going to be a price hike of 5-10% twice in 2010. One in January and second in April 2010.

Reason cited is increase in commodity prices and Euro IV norms?

Source:

CNBC-TV18 - Now, cars may get dearer

Is it true? if yes, how much will it affect sales?

We were planning on a c segment sedan. either a fiesta, city or any other. should i prepone our purchase?

views

mods: if a thread exists, please merge. thank you
Old 24th November 2009, 19:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Even a 5% hike is way too high. Probably something in the range of 5-10K is more realistic, if there's a price hike at all.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Even a 5% hike is way too high. Probably something in the range of 5-10K is more realistic, if there's a price hike at all.
The report says 5 to 10% hike and not 5k to 10k. which would have been peanuts for those paying 10 lacs.

If its 5% hike than also the difference would be huge. Sales would go down definitely and there could be change in finance too. That's what i feel.

The 5k to 10k hike is for April and diesel cars are to get steeper. Too bad for Diesel enthusiastic
Old 24th November 2009, 19:28   #12
BHPian

I for one wouldn't have fallen for this gimmick in case I was in the car market in next 2 months' time.

There are articles (the authenticity of which is on occasions, highly questionable) inserted in print media and aired on digital media by interested parties (read auto manufacturers) in order to push sales. All the more towards the end of calendar year in order to clear off unsold stocks so that they have lesser units of previous year to dispose off during the next year (and hence lesser loss in revenue for them).

But that's just my opinion
Old 24th November 2009, 19:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
I for one wouldn't have fallen for this gimmick in case I was in the car market in next 2 months' time.

There are articles (the authenticity of which is on occasions, highly questionable) inserted in print media and aired on digital media by interested parties (read auto manufacturers) in order to push sales. All the more towards the end of calendar year in order to clear off unsold stocks so that they have lesser units of previous year to dispose off during the next year (and hence lesser loss in revenue for them).

But that's just my opinion
Are you sure about this stuff? Can you provide any concrete information on such things that happen in past?

I may be freaking out too much, but i am looking at 10% of 9 lac rupees which is much more.

That's why i am wondering if this news should be taken with a pinch of salt or not.
Old 24th November 2009, 20:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Are you sure about this stuff? Can you provide any concrete information on such things that happen in past?

I may be freaking out too much, but i am looking at 10% of 9 lac rupees which is much more.

That's why i am wondering if this news should be taken with a pinch of salt or not.
This thing happens every year mate with most of the car manufacturers. You visit a dealership and you will have the funny chap there telling you sir this is the best time to buy a car, Honda/Toyota/Maruti/Hyundai/... are increasing the prices from 1st Jan.

This happened with me during 2004 and 2007 when I was buying a car in November, and hence, this opinion of mine.

Others on this forum can share their experiences too to prevent you from freaking out any further ;-)
Old 24th November 2009, 20:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

well, to be frank - there has been instances where it actually happened. Toyota claimed there will increase Corolla prices in 2009 Jan and they did that. But by and far, its been just a marketing gimmick to get over the Nov-Dec slow season.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks