Team-BHP - Would you buy a chevy srv tcdi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Would you buy a chevy srv tcdi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/65617-would-you-buy-chevy-srv-tcdi.html)

Like the title says would you buy a chevy srv tcdi if gm were to relaunch it ?

Srv was launched ahead of its time when no one could fathom paying close to 8 lakhs for a hatch. Now the market has changed considerably though. i20, punto, jazz, fabia all cost close to 7.5 lakhs (top end diesel where available).

I wish gm would sell the srv with the stonker of an engine (2.0lt Vm motori diesel) with decent kit like abs, front airbags, alloys, climate control ac etc. below 8 lakhs on road. It still has the best space in a hatch and it looks much better than any of the hatches available here (though looks are subjective it by any means does not look bad )

We could have a proper hot hatch.
GM ARE YOU LISTENING ?

MODS: COULD YOU PLEASE REMOVE THE SECOND "IT" IN THE POLL. (please make it no way it is too old to even consider now)

I have always liked the SRV and the few that are on the roads do turn my head everytime!

beautiful looker that car
with a diesel it may be a good idea

however I will continue having reservations about GM.

Karan, I agree with you completely on this subject, i was completely floored by its looks and GM introduced them in some radical colors. Also, i felt it looks were designed similar to rally breed hatches.

I liked that shocking voilet color which looked cool on that body. Later on the same color was released in Civic and Fiesta ( I think)

If they release it with Optra TCDi motor and offer it between 6-7 Lakhs, i am sure it will find quite a few buyers.

What happened to the Gm's initiative it took few months back ( approx 1 to 1.5 yrs ) to check interest in SRV diesel by ading a configurable portlate on there website?

The buzz was they would launch it. However nothing happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 1487954)
What happened to the Gm's initiative it took few months back ( approx 1 to 1.5 yrs ) to check interest in SRV diesel by ading a configurable portlate on there website?

I remeber there was a configure option on the website before.

GM's has launched its products always ahead of its time. But there is a fault with either PR team or the Marketing team.

What one can get from SRV is no compromise on anything - even the lenght which is equivalent to Ford Fiesta. Well the choice of engines is the only thing the Company has compromised.

Now that we're getting international models at the same time of its launch worldwide, the Carmakers should also offer the choice of engines ala' worldwide, where each vehicle will have atleast 4-5 choice of engines.

Karan, that surely is one car that would be a must-have, if offered in the same configuration. Hope GM is listening and ofcourse work on their pricing too, to make it reasonable.

obviously. the SRV looks stunning, especially the violet one. But like some one mentioned, was way ahead of its time.

Its the original hot hatch, way ahead of Swift et al. Definitely would buy one at the right price.

No doubt GM products are good and ahead of time. I think now they are improving on service also so definitly keep this could be my choice.

Yes, provided i have the budget and they give a slick gear box.

Of course, provided they price it right. I love the looks of this rocket. Very stylish.

Revs, BHP = engine would need an upgrade though

Voted for Yes.
The car as we know is based on Optra. This is first real big hatch we ever had. The space is good and overall the only lacking thing in this car is powertrain.
How about the Captiva powertrain on this car ?

The looks are quite nice and sportiness is visible, so engine + looks combination will be nice.