Team-BHP - India's very own limousine, now in TDi Avatar and a mouthwatering PRICE!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   India's very own limousine, now in TDi Avatar and a mouthwatering PRICE!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/65621-indias-very-own-limousine-now-tdi-avatar-mouthwatering-price.html)

Indigo xL, India's very own limousine, has been launched in TDi Engine version to bring down costs and provide customers with luxury and space at best prices, as has always been the case with TATA Motors.

In its new avatar, DiCOR engine has been replaced with TDi engine bringing costs down to Rs. 5.28 L.:Shockked: This move by TATA MOTORS will lure Taxi Operators into a much more comfortable car, at the price levels of outgoing Indigo Sedan.

Timing of the launch also justifies the previous rumours that All New Indigo is just around the corner which is a good news.

IMHO, This product would be a great buy for Taxi Operators as well as customers looking for that extra space in the rear. Most probable deployment will be in Government Offices, maybe even replace the old-age warhorse Amby as minister's car.

Personally, This launch is important because it gives a glimpse about what is yet to come. New Indigo is expected to be targeted at private buyers and pricing of Indigo xL Tdi justify the assumption. Further, Private consumer focus would allow Tata to present car with much higher levels of refinement as has been reported by many people who have seen this car in flesh.

Some of the main features of this car are:
1. Best in Class rear leg-room : 2650mm :thumbs up
2. Powered Rear Windows
3. Rear AC Vents
4. Rear Power Outlet
5. Rear Arm Rests
6. 450 Litres of Boot Space.
7. Mouth Watering Price of only INR 5.28L

I guess it still does not get ABS, EBD and airbags!

please: You want ABS, EBD and airbags at this price?

are you sure that the XL TDi costs 5.28L, and not the petrol variant?

Quote:

Originally Posted by discoverwild (Post 1488162)
You want ABS, EBD and airbags at this price?

I want ABS, EBD and airbags at any price. Should be considered basic safety features. Anyway, sorry for thr off-topic post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1488172)
are you sure that the XL TDi costs 5.28L, and not the petrol variant?

It is very much xL TDi Version which costs INR 5.28L (Ex Showroom, Delhi). The car is aimed at long distance tourers like taxi operators looking for options since Tata Indigo sedan has now been officially discontinued.

IMO, This is probably the best value-for-money deal for the forthcoming festive season.

There is a catch, though. The Car will only be made in Mint White colour (atleast, at present) so the usual much more 'royal' colour options of normal xL line-up are not present as option. :Frustrati

Is it really that long to justify the limo tag?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 1488211)

Noticeably longer that a standard wheelbase Indigo. I mean, it actually looks a little disproportionate. But anyway, the limo tag is only because of the legroom. That's how they marketed it :). It's not exactly Bentley material.

Looks like Tata Motors are gearing up for the Festive season. Err. Whats a rear power outlet ?
Rear A/c vents are a huge plus. Not to mention the price at which it comes for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 1488253)
Noticeably longer that a standard wheelbase Indigo. I mean, it actually looks a little disproportionate. But anyway, the limo tag is only because of the legroom. That's how they marketed it :). It's not exactly Bentley material.

agree: Huge leg room is the biggest plus for this car.. Even premium sedans will be put to shame..

May be if it comes below 6.. Its worth looking at it purely from a VFM perspective...

Regards,
Sathya

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh51 (Post 1488095)
5.28 L.

1. Best in Class rear leg-room : 2650mm
2. Powered Rear Windows
3. Rear AC Vents
4. Rear Power Outlet
5. Rear Arm Rests
6. 450 Litres of Boot Space.
7. Mouth Watering Price of only INR 5.28L

:Shockked: I am going to pay close to 6.0L for a hatchback!! Will I rethink and change my decision? No way!

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 1488280)
:Shockked: I am going to pay close to 6.0L for a hatchback!! Will I rethink and change my decision? No way!

Buddy.. We are talking about Indigo XL... which is a sedan.

Regards,
Sathya

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh51 (Post 1488095)
1. Best in Class rear leg-room : 2650mm :thumbs up

Rear legroom cannot be 2650mm. I guess you meant the wheelbase.

Whatever it is, it easily beats most of the D segment cars on rear legroom.

Is the quoted price Ex showroom or On road?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 1488211)

Rear Legroom of this car puts Mercedes S Class to shame ! (Only in space, though. Not Luxury :) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1488263)
Looks like Tata Motors are gearing up for the Festive season. Err. Whats a rear power outlet ?
Rear A/c vents are a huge plus. Not to mention the price at which it comes for.

Rear power outlet is for charging mobile phones, etc. This gives comfort to rear passengers vis-a-vis usual single charger/outlet on central console.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinu2506 (Post 1488307)
Rear legroom cannot be 2650mm. I guess you meant the wheelbase.

Whatever it is, it easily beats most of the D segment cars on rear legroom.

stupid: My mistake. It is the wheelbase. (Mods, Can you please edit this in the main post? )

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 1488310)
Is the quoted price Ex showroom or On road?

Price is Ex-Showroom, Delhi.