Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2005, 12:47   #16
BHPian

well 30 cars a month from 20 IS a 50% increase. if it sustains, geometric progression will ensure FIAT is right up there in sales in a short timespan.

IDEA or not, the more important detail is that this indicates FIAT india is not looking at shutting down shop in India, which is good news in itself.
Old 20th July 2005, 18:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Didn't we all think that Fiat is going to capture the small car market when they launched the Palio in 2001. And also if I remember right, they were the first to launch the Siena in the new gen c-class cars among Fiat, Ford, Hyundai and Opel.

Until Fiat doesn't identify where the real problem lies, they will go no where. Hope they understand that before they run out of models....

If they can improve their dealerships and ASS even in remote towns and do a bigscale advertising, Palio and Petra are still worthy products for them.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 20th July 2005 at 18:43.
Old 20th July 2005, 18:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani

Until Fiat doesn't identify where the real problem lies, they will go no where. Hope they understand that before they run out of models....

If they can improve their dealerships and ASS even in remote towns and do a bigscale advertising, Palio and Petra are still worthy products for them.
I agree with you. It is not the problem with the product per se, but with the entire package which includes ASS. The sooner they realise this, the better it is for them.
Old 20th July 2005, 21:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Didnt know fiat also had so many loyal fans. . I like fiat too. especially the s10 and gtx are my favouraites.

regarding the website , Fiat had one www.fiat-india.com

I used to visit that website frequently for information when we were to buy a new hatchback. Now its not functioning.
Old 22nd July 2005, 09:58   #20

Fiat has many small cars in its stable but are slow in getting them in india. I had driven the original Uno, Punto, Panda as well as the weekender in europe. All with diesel engines though.

I had heard that Fiat was in process of handshaking with TATA for sales as well as service of their vehicle. Also TATA is doing lots of work on FIAT Europes car interiors and mirrors.

Lets hope that FIAT has a bright furure ahead in India for us to enjoy more of their fantastic products.
Old 25th July 2005, 12:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

A palio with climatronic ac and abs and airbags at 5.5 will make it an excellent buy.
Old 25th July 2005, 13:20   #22
BHPian

I guess they always fail to learn from their past experience. They launched 2 cars with no website (same lame excuse each time I enquire from them "under maintenance") and no print Ads. Than again same with a reduction in price. It's sad!
Old 25th July 2005, 23:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

axually they had a website www.fiat-india.com wonder why they shut it.

their cars are really bautiful but they need to catcht the customer properly. Last year when I was in India I went to a fiat dealer for the S10 they had for sale at a discount. I inquired and the sales person was like

"yes we have one but go ahead if you are really looking for one. We can show you the car once the deal is confirmed. I said screw you"

Most Viewed