Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo

Just checked at carscoop, Japan will get its own version of all new alto this fall, compared to our a-star, it looks far far better and more proportionate and spacious.
Attached Thumbnails
All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialtoconcept1.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialtoconcept2.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialtoconcept3.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialtoconcept4.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialtoconcept5.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialto_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_0c.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialto_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_0e.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialto_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialto_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_05.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-suzukialto_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_08.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2009, 09:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

H Sidindica,

Great pictures. Looks like they tried to change the back to have the good features of Swift. But overall looks more similar to the i20. Though nice fine looing interiors.
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

The Japanese one looks like a mix & match of A-star & Wagon R
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:19   #4
BHPian

Imho, the looks aint much of an improvement but the interior is miles apart from that of the A star! How much does it sell for?
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:26   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I like the tacho being integrated with the speedo rather the indian model that's got it popping out from the dash.
The looks of neither the indian nor the japanese excite me IMHO.
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:32   #6
BHPian

The Japanese Alto is bigger in size(length) when compared to Indian Alto which brings ample space.I they bring it here they surely increase the sales of A-star
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:49   #7
BHPian

hey sid nice pictures.
As i was browsing through the suzuki productline . I found a recent launch of a wagon R sibling. I found the styling interesting. Ya the design is boxy. However the front looks awesome
I hope if at all MSI reviews the exisiting Wagon R . They should get this vehicle , SUZUKI STING RAY as an updgrade to India
Attached Thumbnails
All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-09suzwagrsting_05.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-wagonr_stingray_lo.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-2008_suzuk_stingray_limited_004_autotalk_com_.jpg  

All New Japanese Alto VS Indian Alto (A-star) pictorial comparo-wagonr_stingray5.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2009, 11:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

i think its about time that maruthi stops selling the same car using different brand names.
the alto should have the model change that it deserves.
who knows they might bring in this alto and sell it along with the A star.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

i like the JDM Alto, looks more civilized than A-Star.
No comprisons about interiors as JDM model is better hands on, plus Auto Trans too..
The Wagon R Stingray does look great. I see a Colum mounted Auto Tranny Lever too
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

The interiors on the Japanese version look great. With a revised front end, this car would make a good replacement for the Zen Estilo or the Wagon R in India.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the Japanese Alto looks more disproportionate than the A-star. The A-star has a more sporty appeal overall.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

IMO, the Japanese Alto is more spacious than the A- Star. However I like the exteriors of the A star.
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
IMHO, the Japanese Alto looks more disproportionate than the A-star. The A-star has a more sporty appeal overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
IMO, the Japanese Alto is more spacious than the A- Star. However I like the exteriors of the A star.
Fully agree. Interiors are one thing but our A-Star has great looks. Best looker in its class and easily so IMO.
Old 2nd October 2009, 18:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Just checked at carscoop, Japan will get its own version of all new alto this fall, compared to our a-star, it looks far far better and more proportionate and spacious.
the jap Alto is a mix and match of the ritz (rear door line), the swift (side rear view and taillamp profile), The A-star's headlamps and grille. too much. it'll certainly go the Kei class way The jap people are pretty compact and would probably feel the A-star spacious !!
overall, ugly and disproportionate.
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:14   #15
BHPian

don't forget guys japs are small people. when have you seen tall Japanese guy. they can easily fit into this. but we can't. on the front seats maybe. but i can't sit in the rear seats at all. i am 6.3" i couldn't fit in the rear seat of the wagon R. this is smaller than it guess so not giving it even a thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks