Team-BHP - The Swift seems to have thrashed the Getz .
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Swift seems to have thrashed the Getz . (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6670-swift-seems-have-thrashed-getz.html)

so ehat the hell are Hyundai doing about it ? Well then read this

http://www.autoindex.org/news.plt?no=1167#

Personally, I prefer the Getz over the Swift. Drove both the cars.

Both are good in their own ways. Personally I dont like the shape of swift and I dont like that hyundai tag over getz.

Havind driven and having own are two different things. My brother has a Hyundai Getz 2004 and I recently bought a Swift. Having driven both cars I feel that Swift scores in almost all departments apart from space and interiors.
I personally dont like the shape of Getz. The engine runs out of steem at 120 kmph. The car optimized to give maximum torque at low revs so it feels faster than swift at low speed, however on highway one can feel the difference. The Getz becomes really slugish on the highway. On top of that Getz is low on FE giving my brother around 9.5 kmpl in city as opposed to 12 that swift gives me. The AC of Getz is also not powerful as compared to Swift.
Overall Getz has been a huge flop in India, and Swift has just swept the market. Debate as much we like, but no one can change the figures. Or can they???

Mods - dont you guys think we have had enough of the getz v/s swift threads already ?? merge them.....

We cannot merge them. It's a post facto discussion. Let it continue. People are now comparing post purchase. Let's see what comes up N_C.

Regarding your signature...not many people can handle that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Regarding your signature...not many people can handle that.

Rudra ji,

Do you refer to the Glass or the liquid therein ( ;) ) or the signature itself!!
Pun intended.

Cheers

Well,
I for one am a fan of the GETZ once i got to see the Swift upclose for the second time.
I just hope they launch this here soon.
It looks nice.
Not as nice as the Swift but nicerthen the current Getz.

i dont really like the swift much...sales figures favour MUL because ...the masses will go for anything with the maruti suzuki badge a concept that will take a lot of time to change...
sooner or later we will get sick and tired of seeing swifts everywhere ...while the getz will hold its charm..

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
i dont really like the swift much...sales figures favour MUL because ...the masses will go for anything with the maruti suzuki badge a concept that will take a lot of time to change...
sooner or later we will get sick and tired of seeing swifts everywhere ...while the getz will hold its charm..

In that case I suggest you buy a Fiat Uno or Palio, as that way you will be the only one driving the car and holding its charm lol:

Getz vs Swift I really dont prefer any. Both dont fit the bill as performance vehicles and I am really waiting for the Aveo to shake the market up.

Given for free I will prefer the Getz he he :)

Damn..........the new Getz front looks just like Peugeot 206. So, they're done with Jag and now gonna copy Peugeot.

At least the new engines should help performance. Dont know how new they are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
In that case I suggest you buy a Fiat Uno or Palio, as that way you will be the only one driving the car and holding its charm lol:

still better than being a commoner dude!!
reason why i chose a corsa over an esteem ..and i have no regrets..

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Well,
I for one am a fan of the GETZ once i got to see the Swift upclose for the second time.
I just hope they launch this here soon.
It looks nice.
Not as nice as the Swift but nicerthen the current Getz.

Hyundai wont launch this car before the end of 2006.And if they do it earlier,Suzuki would try and prepone the launch of 1.6ltr Swift to India then.Would be fun.

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Mods - dont you guys think we have had enough of the getz v/s swift threads already ?? merge them.....

Objective of posting this is to inform about a mildly revised Getz on the way with some kind of price correction/ value addition./ Hyundai's response to the Swift was deafening so far