Team-BHP - Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fav car of Politicians/Businessmen/Sports Stars/Film Stars. Macho Toyota SUV line up (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/66948-fav-car-politicians-businessmen-sports-stars-film-stars-macho-toyota-suv-line-up-2.html)

Not every politician can dare to carry off a Landcruiser so its Fortuner for others. Do not forget its our money they will use to buy it.

I guess the Fortuner for politicians,

Prado for Businessmen,

Landcrusier is as GTO said a bit yesterday and at that price point the Cayenne, Q7, X5, have similar off-road and way better on road capabilities plus the premium badging.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maglev (Post 1583204)
I guess the Fortuner for politicians,

Prado for Businessmen,

Landcrusier is as GTO said a bit yesterday and at that price point the Cayenne, Q7, X5, have similar off-road and way better on road capabilities plus the premium badging.

not necessarily
the LC 200 is a very very capable vehicle and unlike the x5 and the Q7 its not a poser off roader and the Diesel v8 is Brilliant On Road also.
the only thing that TKML got it wrong with the LC200 in india is its pricing.

LC is King !! It's the Mount Everest of SUV's.

OT - The Q7 is more modern and fancy and is seen everywhere. I mean we have a couple of them in Agra which is a very small town. Earlier it was only seen in Delhi & Metros. Now we have a whole lot of Q7's. I have heard there are plenty in the second hand market going for unbeleivable prices.

My vote goes for the Fortuner simply because at that money the amount of metal they offer is very good.

I wish they had a Deluxe Model - which maybe costed an extra 1.5 lacs and they should have provided a DVD Sat Nav / Sunroof / AT option.

LC200 is definitely the king. No arguments. If that's out of reach, then the Fortuner makes more sense. It would have been infinitely more popular if Toyota offered "captain seats" in the second row, just like the Innova. And, BTW, the facelifted Prado is due soon, and there are rumors that the Fortuner's engine might be offered there also. I wonder how that'll turn out. But Toyota could again think of launching a V6 Diesel version of the LC200 (I think they offer it in some markets) and the mega- super Lexus LX570. Or even a XXL Sequoia. Every way, every Toyota SUV is a winner and a sure shot choice for politicians and religious leaders alike.

The politicos will take whatever is creating a buzz and Toyota's SUVs are doing just that. Don't expect our politicos to have refined tastes though and so am not expecting them to ride on Subarus/Land Rovers/Cayennes.

Of course it is another matter that these worthies buy palaces and cars from our hard earned money.

As far as I remember Prado is coming only in petrol version so least popular here but I like it by looks. Otherwise the Landcruiser, but it is very pricey and bulky.

yeah GTO i agree...we can see land cruisers giving way to the fortuner. presumably due to the front in-your-face look for the price that'll be paid. and the 3.0 4wd of course.

Moderators Note: Please do not type...like...this....Thanks

Money talks It's going to be only fortuners for the politicians (who cannot be seen in too expensive a vehicle like the LC though they can afford it.), for business men it makes the most sense. Only the film stars may still for the Prado LC or the Land Cruiser itself for their image.

The Land Cruiser is really poor value for money at a crore on the road, it is not worth 5 times as much as the Fortuner internationally it sell at about twice the price of the fortuner but here it is priced high due due to 156% duty for CBU's, plus extra margin.

IMO, politicians should use only sedans. I personally don't like SUV's as a vehicle for a minister.

M.L.A-Fortuner
M.P- Prado
Minister-Land Cruiser

See, it is so simple.:D

it's should be Fortuner for smaller business men. And LC for rich ones!

A top brass of an IT company here in Bangalore has finally got Fortuner over his old Corolla :D with the kind of money he has, i would have had so many exotics in my garage

Looks like people looking for Massive Intimidating SUV are going for Q7. I see them even Mangalore

OT

I think only Mitsu Pajero comes with bullet proof option! do any of Toyota SUVs come with bulletproofing option?

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1733395)
M.L.A-Fortuner
M.P- Prado
Minister-Land Cruiser

See, it is so simple.:D

But Minister's are required to move in Ambassadors:D. We in India donot approve of PDA (Public Display of Affluence, i meanlol:)

Now most of the politicians have fortuner and I am seeing many vehicle with party color flag in front of fortuners in chennai.
They are moving from scorpio and safari to Fortuner!
so for politicians it's Fortuner for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1733431)
But Minister's are required to move in Ambassadors:D

Yeah, and required to alleviate poverty, required to improve infrastructure, required to be accountable, required to..., required to...

That is the problem, too many requirements from them, hard to fulfill Saar,so they have considered themselves exempt of this PDA requirement lol: