Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 14:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
The OP's point that some cars are not marketed properly is a reflection of the brand's committment to that model. End of the day, if a car sells, it satisfies our 'want'. If not, it doesn't. This is relative to each segment though
  • Please add the quotient of marketing effort put in by each manufacturer to play with the consumer psyche and things are really different .
  • Many a times these marketing communcation is capable enough of playing with the customer 'want' though the customer 'need' cannot to be affected much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
We can keep discussing what is the perfect car as per us for eons but its the sales figures which tells us which one really is.
Sales figure always tells you one thing , Whether a manufacturer has made the right product offering or whether the manufacturer has made the right marketing efforts . In the case of the former , it can be known from the sales figure but in case of the latter , it cannot be. But a general discussion may point us towards a unified answer.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th October 2009 at 14:30. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 14:30   #17
BHPian

You want something that IS perfect or that CAN BE perfect ?

I have a CAN BE answer :
i20 Asta with 6 Airbag option, actually with the 'GETZ CRDI' engine, Peted, with all disc brakes + ABS/EBD, auto transmission & Yoko or Michelin rubber and not more than 5.5 L OTR.
Possible ? Yep, I think so.
Really ? Keep dreaming ....
Old 9th October 2009, 14:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

See I(as an average Indian customer) may *want* many things but after considering whatever is available to me would *buy* a car that would meet most of my *wants*.

If a car sells more than its peers/competition in a segment does that not mean that it satisfies the wants of the customers in that segment more than its peers/competition ?
Old 9th October 2009, 14:36   #19
BHPian

Buyers are not a homogenous lot and so there cannot be a single "perfect" car for "indian" customers.
In fact due to our geographical and cultural diversity, I think India is the worst place to look for a single, perfect answer to motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
There's no answer to this. Every business runs on the philosophy that you cannot satisfy everyone.

Somehow I'm getting the feeling that this will be another pointless thread with unnecessary fights, egos etc. I suggest we better close this thread before we reach that stage.

This is going to be an endless, pointless thread with people voting for their favorite cars and lots of long-winding arguments. Just look at the Linea Vs ANHC thread for just one example!

Mods: I suggest this thread be closed, before (literary) blood is shed
Old 9th October 2009, 14:40   #20
BHPian

Echoing everyone thoughts here , No ONE Car can satiate all Indians at the same , be it any segment.

You want proof of the same read the Linea Vs City thread , it smoking hot in there , emotions rising , people being accused , etc , etc , all for the competition.

How it should be and I feel how it should remain , if there is only car that can satisfy all Indians , then there is absolutely no use of having a Team-BHP.

Might as well be renamed as Team-City or Team-Fiesta or Team-<Name of some car>

Last edited by RP_812 : 9th October 2009 at 14:41. Reason: Spelling corrected
Old 9th October 2009, 14:41   #21
BHPian

Just like a Wife, there can't be a perfect car!
Now mods, please delete this post and close the thread
Old 9th October 2009, 15:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mods , Please close the thread as per requested by fellow members.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:45   #23
BHPian

Impossible to track... I suggest to create multiple threads for each segment.
Let people vote and also comment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks