Team-BHP - Optra MAGNUM LS (p) 7.39 lk , LS (D) 8.49 Lk
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Optra MAGNUM LS (p) 7.39 lk , LS (D) 8.49 Lk (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/67429-optra-magnum-ls-p-7-39-lk-ls-d-8-49-lk.html)

It looks like Hyundai Verna VGT / ANHC got a Competitor for time being, Today's Times of India Bangalore Edition Has the following Add from Chevi India.

New Price : 2.0 LS : 8.49lk , 1.6 : 7.39 lk
Almost 83k discount on Diesel and 78k on Petrol.

Pics no 3 and 4 are showing the old price.

Pic no 5 and 6 shows the Verna and ANHC Price respectively

hmm, it is going on to the Getz way... Isn't it?

Had to happen, frankly a smart move by GM, they needed the optra to hold sway till the cruz arrived, and yet it was already overprices and need to be priced closer to Verna to do well - now another 50K downward in freebees etc and they are right there, the resales is poor and this is sad news for those who bought recently, but then the optra magnum is a good vehicle and it's life should be extended.

A crime that had to be done.

Call it "Cruze" effect

---Vikrant

Simple marketing move. They simply cannot cannibalize their Optra brand because of the new Cruze. This only shows their interest to retain their existing brand and of course SMOKE the competitors.

Imagine this 2 days ago...

Honda Civic Mkting/pricing guy : Oh God, the Cruze is a curse for us, better crucify me!! I should have dieselised the civic. (Bangs head)

Skoda Laura guy : Ah anyways TBHP is milking me dry, Let GM join them...!!!

VW Guys : What the... where did this come from!!

Toyota Corrola guy : Damn, I should have listened to the Fortuner guy!!!

Hyundai Sonata guy : My bad, I should have never accepted the promotion to the Sonata dept from Accent Dept...!!

Today/Now:

Hyundai accent + Honda ANHC guy + SX4 top end guy : :Frustrati
All others : :uncontrol

Quote:

Honda Civic Mkting/pricing guy : Oh God, the Cruze is a curse for us, better crucify me!! I should have dieselised the civic. (Bangs head)

Hyundai Sonata guy : My bad, I should have never accepted the promotion to the Sonata dept from Accent Dept...!!

Today/Now:

All others :

It's so funny and reality too !!!clap:

No mention about the LT prices, the website still shows the old LT pricing, have they dropped too...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 1531778)

Today/Now:

All others : :uncontrol

Hillarious, and well observed. Smart move, but hope the indian consumer understand the value these cars delver and can go beyond the maruti & honda obsession that we have. (though for a reason)

Great Santhosh, you made it so simple and easy to understand!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirWind (Post 1531826)
No mention about the LT prices, the website still shows the old LT pricing, have they dropped too...?

AirWind, There is no info on LT price on the advt, also they have not updated the website yet. May be this offer is only applicable to Karnataka

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebs (Post 1531695)
hmm, it is going on to the Getz way... Isn't it?

I wish it won't go the Getz CRDi way :Frustrati

GM is better off lowering the prices of the Optra Magnum- positioning it at Verna/ City prices. The Cruze is anyway a class above the Magnum (or half a class :) ), and the Optra Magnum Diesel can give every other car in its class a run for their money if priced lower...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1531933)
I wish it won't go the Getz CRDi way :Frustrati

GM is better off lowering the prices of the Optra Magnum- positioning it at Verna/ City prices. The Cruze is anyway a class above the Magnum (or half a class :) ), and the Optra Magnum Diesel can give every other car in its class a run for their money if priced lower...

They seem to be trying out the Linea style of pricing. Get a car from a segment above and price it with the competetion a segment below.

Great move for the consumers. I just hope that GM does not cut too many corners in trying to achieve the right pricing.

BTW nice alloys on the Optra in the photo.

Are those rims and bodykit available as an option in the Optra now?! Looks sweet!

This will lead to a certain chain of events that I plan to use to my advantage.

1. Optra Magnum prices cut

2. Resale Values drop

3. Proportionally Magnum prices in the used car market drop

4. I find myself a bargain

5. I am a happy owner of an Optra Magnum (diesel) for a steal

clap: