Team-BHP - Comedy of Errors at Indian Dealerships
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Comedy of Errors at Indian Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/67938-comedy-errors-indian-dealerships-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingaboysr (Post 1787342)
Here goes my 5 cents..

Place: Second service for my Scorpio at TVS service centre, cochin.................
..................Finally the engineer/mechanic came and diagnosed the problem to be the sensor of that door

LOL! That must have had been embarrassing for him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingaboysr (Post 1787342)
Here goes my 5 cents..

Place: Second service for my Scorpio at TVS service centre, cochin

background:We had problems with the remote locking and the back door ( 5th door ) from day one. If i unlock using remote and open only the rear door, after sometime the vehicle gets automatically locked!! Also if the that door is open and i try to remote-lock it, it won't beep indicating that a door is open.. I guessed that there is an issue with that door's sensor for remote locking but forgot to mention it during first service.

ok, so i told the service guy that I have this problem during my second service, but this guy says, "Sir, that's how it is in Scorpio". :eek:

I didn't believe him, so he took me to another vehicle that was there for service and demonstrated it.. its the same as in mine.. i still didn't believe, so he showed it in one more scorpio :Shockked:

By now, i was about to give up all my hope, when this guy confidently took me to a third scorpio to show this.. and alas, this one does not have the problem.. Now he was shocked to learn something from me with a wide grin

Finally the engineer/mechanic came and diagnosed the problem to be the sensor of that door

but thats how it is in my 2 scorpios too! so its definitely the norm & not really an issue. i wonder how you got it solved by the mechanic though!

We recently went to the Ford Showroom at Anantapur. After we looked at the Figo, I told my grandpa that it the titanium is the best and that it is best for him to go in for it, as it had safety features and other top-end features at an affordable price. The SR who had come to our house 3 months ago with a TD-ikon, told us that if we wanted to go in for the titanium, we'd better go in for the Ikon instead, much to our(especially my) consternation. I asked him what the use of the use of a 10 yr old design w/o safety features, and he just nodded!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo (Post 1788263)
We recently went to the Ford Showroom at Anantapur...... I asked him what the use of the use of a 10 yr old design w/o safety features, and he just nodded!

Not sure if we can call it a goof up. It could be that the sales representatives have been advised to push these low-selling cars. Also, the dealer could be getting more commission on these kinda cars.
When I had gone to buy my Palio MJD, the sales representative had tried more than once to push the 1.1 petrol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 1788257)
but thats how it is in my 2 scorpios too! so its definitely the norm & not really an issue. i wonder how you got it solved by the mechanic though!

I think if it is a norm, then should be a design flaw. Imagine if you remote-unlocked your car, opened your 5th door and accidently placed the keys inside..

Also, i think the Vlx manual says remote locking is applicable for all the 5 doors.

The mechanic changed the sensor and it started working as I wanted it to :)

yes, even i think its a design flaw. if you notice, even the voice assist system does not work for the 5th door. it looks like mahindra has boycotted the 5th door from all its features!

i dont remember what the manual says but it has worked this way in both my scorpios. also i am really surprised how the mechanic solved the issue! anyways, good for you!

Quote:

the voice assist system does not work for the 5th door
Voice assist? Door?

Sounds a bit Microsoftian to me...
It looks as if you are trying to close the door: would you like help?

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1790435)
Voice assist? Door?

Sounds a bit Microsoftian to me...
It looks as if you are trying to close the door: would you like help?
;)

LOL!

i meant the door open warning in the Voice Assist System is not present for the 5th door!

Ahh, yes...

(I admit it: thought you meant something like that ;) )

How about dashboard warning light/interior light illuminated?

Scorpio does not have a door open warning light. warning lights are present only for seat belts & other usual stuff.

about interior lights, the rear cabin light does glow when the boot is opened.

Automotive - Nerul - Maruti showroom.

1. when I was doing the PDI for a Wagon-R, sales man says, sir there are so many things and features in this car, even I did not know.

2. second service: Even after instructing interior cleaning since car had been to the beach, there was sand on the seat covers. Third day, they called to confirm the service quality and car performance (they always do :thumbs up). I said all is fine except i had to get the interior cleaned elsewhere. She replies "sir get it to us immediately, we will clean it again :D.

This one was at a nokia phone dealer:
Me: Excuse me, what is the radiation value of this phone (what I meant was SAR value)
Sales person, raising his voice: What are you talking about? This phone doesn't have radiation. In fact, unlike the opposite shop:eek:, none of the phones that we sell have any radiation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinojohnt (Post 1791773)
This one was at a nokia phone dealer:
Me: Excuse me, what is the radiation value of this phone (what I meant was SAR value)
Sales person, raising his voice: What are you talking about? This phone doesn't have radiation. In fact, unlike the opposite shop:eek:, none of the phones that we sell have any radiation.

LOL! But I can excuse the dealer in this. Not many of us care about the SAR value.

This happened to me at the Maruti True value when I bought my M800.

Me: This one does not have a left ORVM ?

SM: Yes, Sir. It is not a standard fitting

Me: I will need one. I will pay for it. What is the price ?

SM: Only 150. But you don't need it. The factory itself does not fit it.

Me: I will pay you the 150. I will need the left ORVM

SM: You don't need it Sir.

Me: Why ?

SM: It is a waste for Chennai city driving, Sir

Me: How ?

SM: I will fit it Sir. Have you just learned to drive ?

Me: Probably (just to end the talk)

So, People who wear seat belts and use both ORVMs are those who have just learned to drive :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by para_7k (Post 1791871)
LOL! But I can excuse the dealer in this. Not many of us care about the SAR value.
===============
So, People who wear seat belts and use both ORVMs are those who have just learned to drive :Shockked:

If that's the case, I guess most (probably all) of the tbhpians have just learned to drive lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheetumanu (Post 1791884)
If that's the case, I guess most (probably all) of the tbhpians have just learned to drive lol:

I dont usually use the left ORVm coz i feel a lil uncomfortable and sometimes a lil wary abt bikers overtaking from the left and knocking my Mirror off.

Has happened once and since ive replaced it, its been folded in.

Isnt the center mirror and right ORVM more than handy to drive in cities?