Team-BHP - Best Entry Level Chauffeur Driven Diesel Sedan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Best Entry Level Chauffeur Driven Diesel Sedan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/68065-best-entry-level-chauffeur-driven-diesel-sedan-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malikayil (Post 1549763)
NOTHING MATCH ITS COMFORT !

Ahem, at 9.29L on-road Mumbai the dated Lancer Diesel isn't exactly 'entry level' dude.

LOL . . . the Qn is back seat comfort and with the ex-s/r @ 8.11 ; it is closer to all those entry level 1's which u consider

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkalvani (Post 1549778)
Ahem, at 9.29L on-road Mumbai the dated Lancer Diesel isn't exactly 'entry level' dude.

Quote:

Seriously ? Firstly like Linea, it is not 'entry level'.
It is 8 L + ex-showroom.

Also, it is a very old platform. Same to internals/design.
It does not make the best possible use of internal space as compared to the car dimensions.

You buy a new lancer and ppl would think you got yourself a 'good condition' used car. It just does not feel new nowadays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkalvani (Post 1549778)
Quote:

If the Linea is allowed, why not the Lancer?

i agree to your point ; then lets make clear, what is entry level !!! you cant put 6 ~ 8 lac say all are entry level. look at the option posted by the thread creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigbarai (Post 1549789)
It is 8 L + ex-showroom.

It does not make the best possible use of internal space as compared to the car dimensions.

You buy a new lancer and ppl would think you got yourself a 'good condition' used car. It just does not feel new nowadays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malikayil (Post 1549784)
LOL . . . the Qn is back seat comfort and with the ex-s/r @ 8.11 ; it is closer to all those entry level 1's which u consider

I have quoted on-road prices in my original post bro, on-road. So the dated 65bhp (Max Torque 12.5kgm@2500rpm) Lancer at 9.29L on-road Mumbai is 3L more expensive than the 68bhp (Max Torque 16.3kgm@2000rpm) equally dated Ikon at 6.36L OTR Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigbarai (Post 1549789)
It is 8 L + ex-showroom.

++1 to that. It does not feel new at all.

Ditto with the Logan with its uninspiring looks. But for the comfort, Aaahhhhh!!!

**EDIT**
@Mclaren

Tell the thread starter to change the poll options to add the Lancer then bro, not me. I have listed the most suitable from the 'poll options' provided.

Voted for the Manza based on my experience with Vista. Next would be Ford Ikon.

TATAs are passenger delights, cars ofcourse:)

While I have not really sat on a Manza and traveled long distances, I can vouch for the comfort of the rear seats in a Logan. Yes the suspension helps too, but the seat were simply a notch better than anything else in its class (Ikon, Fiesta, Indigo or Dezire).

So if rear seat comfort is the only deciding factor, I will go for Logan (or maybe Manza if reports are to be believed)

Gautam, If I have to go by the thread title, obviously its Ford Ikon. BTW how did you include Linea? Did you pick one for each company?

Its clearly Manza for the price, space and rear ride quality

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilkalvani (Post 1549753)
+1 Gautam.

Also, points that must be considered before voting, since the emphasis is on "Best Entry Level Chauffeur Driven Diesel Sedan":
  • Ingress & Egress
  • Seat Cushioning Comfort
  • Under Thigh Support
  • Seat Back Position
  • Shoulder Room
  • Legroom
  • Roof Height
  • Ride Quality
  • Suspension
  • Seat Width

Well said Anil. I think you must add A.S.S to it and that might be a factor against the Manza which is now way ahead in the poll.

How would one rate the A.S.S of cars like Logan (in the backdrop of rumors of Renault pulling out of the JV with Mahindra) and Ford (in the backdrop of what has happened to them in the U.S- even though Ford India has categorically said that developments in the U.S would not affect their operations in Asia).

Had a detailed test of the Manza (report coming up soon) and let me say this : NOTHING in the segment compares to the Manza's rear seat. 28 degree reclined (very reclined, angle identical to the S Class), superb room (more than cars costing 2x - 3x as much) and soft ride in the city. My old-gen Indigo was always great on the back seat, but the Manza takes it to another level.

The only car that comes close is the Logan; the others on this poll are not even in contention for rear bench comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1551422)
Had a detailed test of the Manza (report coming up soon) and let me say this : NOTHING in the segment compares to the Manza's rear seat. 28 degree reclined (very reclined, angle identical to the S Class), superb room (more than cars costing 2x - 3x as much) and soft ride in the city. My old-gen Indigo was always great on the back seat, but the Manza takes it to another level.

It is very clear that manza has the competetion licked, the only thing left to correct is the cars that qualify for the segment. Somehow the Linea doesn't expecially if the Fiesta and SX4 are not included.

What would be interesting is to come up with a price for each car in the segment at which considering what they offer they become VFM by themselves. :)

This is the most difficult poll for me. Because I've never sat in the back seat of any of these cars. Been a driver all the while ;) Well, purely going on the looks department, My vote goes to Linea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1551422)

The only car that comes close is the Logan; the others on this poll are not even in contention for rear bench comfort.

Greatclap:. Eagerly awaiting your report GTO. Simply by the specs and features offered Manza is THE VFM product in the market currently.