Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 13:25   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Autocar India has confirmed that 1.4 Tjet will be lauched during auto expo in their Jan 2010 magzine edition.
Woww..!! That's sounds great for hard core Fiat Fans like me :-)

I am impatiently waiting for January 2010 :-D
Old 25th December 2009, 23:33   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
It will kick ANHC where it hurts the most. And my personal opinion is HONDA needs to price its range for the features it offers than for the badge. The only car yet to take a hit from honda stable is the ANHC and I hope the new Linea knocks its socks off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yes even I hope that T-Jet really 'jets off'. I dont like Honda charging a premium for their cars. Agreed they make good cars but to take Indians for a ride and charge a premium just because there's no one else to match them is like cheating! I mean what does Honda think of us and what does it think its running- some circus that it can just run amok as far as pricing is concerned
I really dont know why everyone is keen on criticizing Honda.As a NHC and ANHC owner I have never felt cheated.If price is the problem,what about the pricing of Toyota products.

Honda will never come to ones house and force anyone to buy their products.If somebody feels cheated then dont buy it.I think its the FIAT,which is an international car company has disappointed car lovers with a car with significant initial niggles.Absence of proper quality control in FIAT India should be addressed soon.If they fail to do so in time,it will be game over.

Last edited by Mevtec : 25th December 2009 at 23:34.
Old 26th December 2009, 15:17   #183
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I really do hope that FIAT launches the T-Jet by Feb 10.Even if it launches it with the features of curret linea (which exceed ANHC anyways) It will kick ANHC where it hurts the most. And my personal opinion is HONDA needs to price its range for the features it offers than for the badge. Accord is getting hit by Superb, Civic is getting hit by Cruze and Laura and finally Jazz is getting hit by everyone (from 2k a month to a mere 500+) still honda doesent realise this thing. The only car yet to take a hit from honda stable is the ANHC and I hope the new Linea knocks its socks off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yes even I hope that T-Jet really 'jets off'. I dont like Honda charging a premium for their cars. Agreed they make good cars but to take Indians for a ride and charge a premium just because there's no one else to match them is like cheating! I mean what does Honda think of us and what does it think its running- some circus that it can just run amok as far as pricing is concerned. They always start offering things when there's competition. Before that they're hardly bothered about it and are busy raking in the 'premium' money. They make great cars but this snobbish attitude towards Indians really makes me pray that someone, somewhere really hits Honda hard so that the next time they think twice before even charging the 'P' of premium to Indians.
+100 to the above. Honda cars are good but the way they skimp on everything in the name of the badge, goes to show that they are taking us for granted and that has got to end.

I really don't know why some people get pissed off when people speak their mind about Honda milking Indian customers. Some fanboy statements sound as if every one except Honda is visiting homes begging you to buy their product.
Old 26th December 2009, 15:55   #184
Senior - BHPian

Please don't convert this thread into another Fiat v/s Honda duel.

Lets stick to the topic.

Any clues on the T-Jet making its way into the Punto?

How little business sense does it make to launch a niche model in the Punto line-up with the T-Jet? Now that the Linea will be using the same, what sort of operational costs would be involved? I am sure a lot of us would be very interested in a performance hatch.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:36   #185
BHPian

I dont know whether this news is in. A new Tata-Fiat showroom KHT Motors has opened in Marthahalli in AECS Layout. It is right next to Cosmos mall.
I went to have a glance inside, the showroom is airy and is big enough, its bigger than any other TATA-Fiat showrooms in blr.

To my surprise the salesmen were very well behaved maybe coz its a new showroom. I was also suprised to hear them 'knowledgeble'.

They told me that the Linea t-jet will be coming in March-April 2010 and he asked me to visit the showroom for an evaluation of my palio to exchange with Linea T-jet. This exchange thing was offered without me telling that I have a Palio LOL!.. They saw the car parked outside and assumed .

Also they have a proper "potential customer" feedback form for "Linea T-Jet" which was filled with my name and mobile number..

A new service station is also coming up a km away from the showroom. I hope its going to be good.

Great going Fiat(and Tata too).. Lets cross our fingers..

BTW The guys were also talking about Linea 1.9 diesel on the cards !..

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 28th December 2009 at 12:40.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:27   #186
BHPian

Whats the update from Auto Expo on the Linea T-Jet? Can someone confirm availability and post pics?
Old 6th January 2010, 12:01   #187
Senior - BHPian

no news yet!. FIAT was supposed to have conference at 10.30 regarding same.

but some one posted yesterday that there was purple LHD linea on display with T-jet and dulogic gearbox!
Old 6th January 2010, 16:09   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
+100 to the above. Honda cars are good but the way they skimp on everything in the name of the badge, goes to show that they are taking us for granted and that has got to end.

I really don't know why some people get pissed off when people speak their mind about Honda milking Indian customers. Some fanboy statements sound as if every one except Honda is visiting homes begging you to buy their product.
---------
I didnt really want to start a war here again.

Nothing personal against Fiat but why dont people take into account cost of the engines and the quality of materials used when they look at the final price.

People only seem to take into account the features present when they talk about VFM. Why cant we see that we get a absolutely fabulous VTEC engine for below 10 lakhs.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:02   #189
Senior - BHPian

Folks, there's already news on this in the auto expo thread.

Here's a BSM link too Fiat launches Linea automatic, Linea T-Jet

Fiat's launching auto and Tjet variants. One disappointment is that it looks like they detuned it to 108 bhp. Not sure how its going to impact the straight-line acceleration.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 6th January 2010 at 17:05.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:03   #190
BHPian

checkout the auto expo threads for more news on the Linea T-Jet
Auto Expo 2010 - Team-BHP
Old 6th January 2010, 17:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Don't fret too much, FIAT boys.
Turbo petrols are easy to "unlock".
Old 6th January 2010, 17:18   #192
Senior - BHPian

Is the T-Jet available in automatic only?? No manual!
Old 6th January 2010, 17:53   #193
Senior - BHPian

i think Dulogic. which can be both automatic and manual!
Old 6th January 2010, 18:09   #194
Senior - BHPian

So,when can I expect the detailed test drive report of Fiat Linea 1.4 T-Jet..??
Hat's off to Fiat for bringing Linea T-Jet to India.But I am seemed that they have detuned the engine.Yuk,5 horses are missing :-( Btw will it improve the FE by any chance.?
Old 6th January 2010, 18:36   #195
Senior - BHPian

I dont think they could have avoided the detuning thanks to the 'high quality' fuels available in India. The standard reason of 'better fuel efficiency' could not have been a reason for the T-Jet motor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks