Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2005, 21:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

rim width will also depend on the tyres that you purchase...for eg 5 to 6.5 is the recommended width for the 185 section width....if you go to 6inches for say 165 width..the ride quality will worsen sunstantially as the rim no longer supports that natural sidewall curvature of the tyre...

would like to hear different opinions about 15" rims...defn look better than 14"...how is the ride quality though...
Old 1st August 2005, 22:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I.

. Besides, I think the warranty will be void on 15" wheels.

WHY DO U THINK SO??????? .if its void on 15 inch it has to be void on your 14 inch as well.

also the warranty thing depends a lot on your relation with the local MASS .

inspite of all my mods ,my warranty stands unaffected.
Old 1st August 2005, 23:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

rim width will also depend on the tyres that you purchase...for eg 5 to 6.5 is the recommended width for the 185 section width....if you go to 6inches for say 165 width..the ride quality will worsen sunstantially as the rim no longer supports that natural sidewall curvature of the tyre...

would like to hear different opinions about 15" rims...defn look better than 14"...how is the ride quality though...
Old 2nd August 2005, 09:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
Yeah ure right. Better take it easy. And try to keep the car below the 3k RPM mark and not exceed 100 Kmph before 1000Km. .
Don't worry I haven't taken her past 95kmph and never revved her up beyond 2.5 K RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
BTW did you use the recommended stock air pressure for ure highway or did you increase it by 2-3 psi. I found the ride quality to improve a lot on the recommended air pressure , initially it was at 2 psi higher when i got it from the factory.
I used the factory tyre pressure. Haven't taken her to get her air checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks