Team-BHP - Bangalore police going Hi-Tech
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Bangalore police going Hi-Tech (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6865-bangalore-police-going-hi-tech.html)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4725639.stm

This is going to further fatten up the pockets of Bangalore police, no wonder they love it. These guys are only interested in collecting fines for missing documents, but not catch real traffic violators. Ever seen them chasing a violator and catch them? That's why traffic violators don't stop when the police flag them down.

Very True....all that bangalore cops do is make money...and now they have a money making machine...they will go all out on it.....and this will be one more reason for the lazy bums to put on more weight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
["In one case, we fined a van driver for 10 previous violations," Bangalore police commissioner, Ajai Kumar Singh, told the BBC].

I do not understand this system. My impression is that after the introduction of this equipment, the details of the offenders will be entered into a database & they by clicking the unique identification; they will trace the entire fine that was imposed on this. Is my understanding right?

Quote:

That's why traffic violators don't stop when the police flag them down.
i wouldnt say that ..i have been chased by a cop (gypsy) ...

I'd say its a step in the right direction. If the traffic violator doesnt stop once, then the chances of him being caught later on are higher with this.

Now one might argue that this aint gonna help anything... that the cops need to be trained in honesty... that the cops need to be taught manners... their salaries should be raised... number of cops should be increased... roads should be widened... more flyovers... more public transport.. autos n taxis to be brought under control... pigs should fly!

Anyways, all great journeys begin with one small step.

Cheers
Amitoj

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
i have been chased by a cop (gypsy) ...

What's the reason & why you have not stopped your vehicle when the cop flag you to stop?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
What's the reason & why you have not stopped your vehicle when the cop flag you to stop?

dont attack me on this please: ...because it happened almost 5 years back..
so i'll try and keep it short ..

me and 6 of my other friends ..found cops drinking near a beat box (khan market) at night ... we came back threw more than a dozen eggs at them ..from across the road ..we egged the cops the beat box the patrol bike and the patrol car...my other friends sped of in the esteem ..i was still waiting for 2 of my other friends who got too enthusiastic had reached the divider to try and get a clean shot ( or something) when i saw 2 thullas getting in the patrol car .. i looked ahead and the esteem had taken of 10 seconds earlier ...friends (2) ran back got into the car which was moving ...gypsy came right behind us pulled up besides me the guy was swearing like a maniac trying to hit the car with a danda..i pretty much ripped the nuts out of the zen ...was absolutely rash, screeching sliding what not ..we were chased from a distance which kept increasing because corners were negotiateed at very high speeds (fortunately the zen was one of the cars at that time i knew inside out)..i didnt stop till we reach south ex ..parked the car under my friend apartment for the night.. found my friend at the back sweating and he had managed to break one egg inside the car itself ..

...we have a laugh about it but i admit along with my friends in that car each time that how bad things could have gone at that moment .. drunks cops could have beaten us black and blue ..

i hope this doesnt encourage any youngster in this forum to act irresponsibilly...

guys dont hate me...i am 5 years older now . sorry:

The Bangalore cops have been decent for the last couple of months...they normally start catching people at the end of the month and collect money..the money that is collected by them in the first half goes into their pockets, but now that practice has come down a bit.
Now that this "law" has been introduced, the B'lore cops are going to end up being the next 'Reserve Bank of India'..

Quote:

You are from Delhi dude, where cops have gypsies. ;)

I HATE cops! Words to describe them are not acceptable on this forum. They are NEVER around when you need them, but always when you sneeze wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
I HATE cops! Words to describe them are not acceptable on this forum. They are NEVER around when you need them, but always when you sneeze wrong.

I agree.. The other day, i saw a BMTC bus-driver driving on the wrong side of the road on the 100ft Road & CMH Road intersection.. There was a traffic cop standing on that intersection.. And the guy just looked in the other direction when pointed about the bus-driver's violation.. But the same guy, promptly caught a two-wheeler rider when the poor guy stopped in the middle of the road while crossing the red-light..

If this ain't hypocrisy then what is !!

Quote:

Well, you weren't exactly chased for traffic violation, more like revenge... :p
I was referring to Bangalore traffic cops, who never chase...

At least now they can note down the number and log it in the database. Somebody can download all the violate-n-run driver info and hunt them down one by one. I guess some good will come out of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative
You are from Delhi dude, where cops have gypsies. ;)

so ? what do you guys have ?
qualis?

Quote:

At least now they can note down the number and log it in the database. Somebody can download all the violate-n-run driver info and hunt them down one by one. I guess some good will come out of this.

Isn't there a proverb about tools falling in wrong hands (monkeys getting
hold of a ... ) ? If one has to rely on the integrity of Bangalore cops !!
If someone is logged, where would be the proof of violation -- a video clip ?
What guarantees that someone won't be logged without any reason at all ?

Quote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4725639.stm

This is going to further fatten up the pockets of Bangalore police, no wonder they love it. These guys are only interested in collecting fines for missing documents, but not catch real traffic violators. Ever seen them chasing a violator and catch them? That's why traffic violators don't stop when the police flag them down.

ya true , the attitude won't change the only thing that will chance is the size of their pockets!!!!