Team-BHP - Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Why is Ritz DDIS not a hot selling car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/69324-why-ritz-ddis-not-hot-selling-car.html)

Today saw in the papers a advt. for a new edition of Ritz called Aura (diesel model). Is this something new ? Though only a frontal view is there, seems some change in the hatch design !!

I'm absolutely sure there is no sheet metal changes in this model. This is just another fake 'limited edition' with some accessories thrown in. The ritz diesel is not selling in good numbers anyways, hence this trick.

Apart from the decals, the rest are all dealer level options anyway. Its just a small marketing gimmick

Desperation to sell the diesel from MSIL?? Looks quite obvious!! These changes wouldnt help it !!!

Is this offer only for mumbai ?

I am surprised that desperation has set in so soon within Maruti as far as the Ritz is concerned. This is the kind of stuff that they do typically a year or two after the car goes on sale. And why pick on 'Aura' when the Vista is already using that.

Wow.. MSIL is now desperate for success with the new small car launches. Ritz is not a good looking car, the rear end being the culprit. If they had got the rear-end right, this would have been a hot seller. Swift was the last small car from MSIL which was/is a run-away success. None of the small cars launched after that have been successful.

The advertisement also mentions that this "aura" is available only in Diesel version. MSIL could stop producing Diesel Ritz and produce more of Swift and Dezire with the same engines.

Celebration Edition !! :uncontrol
What on earth are they 'celebrating' on RITZ for ????

The so called "Celebration" model is already available (can be made up) in after market lol:

Clear indication that Ritz Diesel is a flop. Come to think of it, most of the Ritz cars I see are petrol. Can't fathom why though, one would think that budget conscious people who are in the market for Ritz would appreciate the frugality of Diesel.

IMO instead of resorting to these marketing gimmicks Maruti should price the Ritz Diesel like the Vista Diesel and I think then it will be a hit. Right now the entry level Ritz diesel without even a tacho sells for about the price of fully loaded Vista.

And whats the deal with calling it Aura, just like the Vista variant? If it was Hyundai they would have already thrown a fit and hired every lawyer in town to sue them. lol:

Personal opinion:

By naming the "new version" as Aura, MSIL are just trying to confuse the Vista buyers. Sales people from MSIL will surely hijack the name very soon and start advertising that they were the first to come up with that name lol:

I have already said that Ritz is going to go the A-star / Estilo way. MSIL is delaying the K series engine in Swift only to sell the Ritz. But April 2010 will the d-day for Ritz. Once they change the engine in swift, people are going to buy the swift petrol. remeber MSIL will also need to replace the engine in DZire. so Ritz has nowhere to go and hide. The fact that MSIL can't sell the Ritz even with the national engine sums up everything people feel about the design.

This is a clear sign that they are not able to sell Diesel Ritz, first it was the new ad mentioning Diesel & now come the limited editions.

Aura? Sounds like a poor MSIL tribute to the Loaded Indica vista Aura Limited editions!

Lol - what are the chances that Tata will now sue them for using the name Aura?

Enquired with my friend in tamilnadu.. this celebration edition is meant for ahmedabad and mumbai region, he said. Ritz buyers of those regions enjoy. Guys, are you really serious..ritz is selling 6000+ units every month since its launch.