Team-BHP - Autocar Performance Show Mumbai (19th - 22nd November 2009)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Autocar Performance Show Mumbai (19th - 22nd November 2009) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/69357-autocar-performance-show-mumbai-19th-22nd-november-2009-a.html)

NOTE FROM MOD : Report and pictures have been uploaded here. This thread is closed.

ACI's performance show Mumbai is back & will commence on next Thursday.

Stuff to watch out for:

- The world's fastest diesel car, the JCB DIESEL MAX, will make its entry for the first time in India. This record shattering car which has received several accolades worldwide for its aerodynamics and groundbreaking speed of over 350 miles per hour (560 km/h), will be on display for only two days i.e. the 19th and 20th of November.

- Car manufacturers : Jaguar – Land Rover, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Mercedes, Skoda, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Suzuki Super Bikes, Lamborghini etc.

- Supercars : Italian & German fare (including AMGs).

- Apollo Tyre Design contest - Apollo will be running a Tyre designing contest at the APS 2009.

- Mahindra’s 4X4 zone. We CANNOT wait to see BHPian Cyrus43 on the 4x4 track again :D

- The APS 2009 will have a dedicated section for some super bikes too.

- Tuners Zone & Car accessories.

Quote:

Address:
AUTOCAR PERFORMANCE SHOW 2009
19th November to 22nd November 2009
Timing: 2.30 pm to 8.00 pm on 19th Nov. &
11 am to 8.00 pm on 20th, 21st and 22nd Nov.
MMRDA GROUNDS, Bandra Kurla Complex – Mumbai.
Autocar Performance Show Mumbai (19th - 22nd November 2009)-jcb-diesel-max-2.jpg

Autocar Performance Show Mumbai (19th - 22nd November 2009)-jcb-diesel-max-3.jpg

If anyone's wondering why we can't wait to see Cyrus offroading again, here's your answer : Linky :)

are there going to be any new cars or the same cars we see regularly on our roads ? I went once, other than Mahindra offroading and RR everything else was so common and boring.

However would like to see the cars on display there, esp Mods, will there be our Yeti's stuff on display :)

Mumbai's own AUTO EXPO - only difference is this one's one performance oriented show with all the drool super cars here.

I have never attended one of these BUT would love to - maybe next year.

Did not know the JCB Diesel Max was being displayed - Wonder how they are going to transport that Beast !

thats some good news, and good to see performance oriented auto show from AutocarIndia.Cyrus, many news and pictures are awaited from your side, is anyone else attending this show as well.

Haha I don't think Cyrus is allowed to drive this year. :p

Drifter

sam what can wee expect from you this year?? i know for sure an iced nano. what else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1582194)
ACI's performance show Mumbai is back & will commence on next Thursday.

Stuff to watch out for:

- The world's fastest diesel car, the JCB DIESEL MAX, will make its entry for the first time in India. This record shattering car which has received several accolades worldwide for its aerodynamics and groundbreaking speed of over 350 miles per hour (560 km/h), will be on display for only two days i.e. the 19th and 20th of November.

- Car manufacturers : Jaguar – Land Rover, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Mercedes, Skoda, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Suzuki Super Bikes, Lamborghini etc.

- Supercars : Italian & German fare (including AMGs).

- Apollo Tyre Design contest - Apollo will be running a Tyre designing contest at the APS 2009.

- Mahindra’s 4X4 zone. We CANNOT wait to see BHPian Cyrus43 on the 4x4 track again :D

- The APS 2009 will have a dedicated section for some super bikes too.

- Tuners Zone & Car accessories.

Attachment 227297

Attachment 227298

If anyone's wondering why we can't wait to see Cyrus offroading again, here's your answer : Linky :)

GTO,

Interesting info. Will the 'regular' manufacturers that you've listed, (basically excluding marques such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and so on), showcase their performance cars/one-off concept cars or will it be sporting versions of their regular offerings ( viz. hypothetically, will Ford show us their Ford Focus RS that they might like to launch in India?).

If it is the latter, then it will be even more interesting as it will be something that we can hope to see/buy here in the coming years.

Regards

Hormazd Sorabjee ane Renuka Kriplani are also going to be present during the show.

Yes Yes. Very funny

See you all at the Performance show. I shall be there on the first two days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1582194)
We CANNOT wait to see BHPian Cyrus43 on the 4x4 track again :D

lol: Thanks for refreshing the memories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter (Post 1582307)
Haha I don't think Cyrus is allowed to drive this year. :p

Drifter

Haha. I already feel this year' APS is going to be an improved show.

Improvisation begins at home :uncontrol

I did hear about some Mahindra DSG/PDK/ABC auto-clutch gearboxes on the 4x4 track. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter (Post 1582307)
Haha I don't think Cyrus is allowed to drive this year.

But, he can sit in the driver's seat and pose for the cameras when the vehicle gets stuck in the muck! :D
Don't know which day and what time, but, I'll certainly be visiting the show.

That's great news. I am planning to visit the expo with some of my friends. Just one question though, is photography allowed? May sound stupid..but my friend wants to know as he's highly excited to all this stuff for the first time. All the past expo that I had visited did allow photography, still thought of confimring :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 (Post 1583356)
That's great news. I am planning to visit the expo with some of my friends. Just one question though, is photography allowed? May sound stupid..but my friend wants to know as he's highly excited to all this stuff for the first time. All the past expo that I had visited did allow photography, still thought of confimring :)

Yes, of course, photography is alllowed.

I will be visting the show the day Cyrus will get stuck in the 4x4 :D . Hope to see good show this year. Will visit on the weekend and it would be great to catch up with other BHPians there.

@Cyrus: Hope to see some good scale models on sale too. Get that E Class which I told you about.