Team-BHP - New Getz Crdi Still Available??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Getz Crdi Still Available?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70244-new-getz-crdi-still-available.html)

Felow members, I had been planning to purchase a diesel hatch with oodles of power/torque and the works that make a diesel so much fun to drive, since August, 2009.In I even went to the extent of booking the Getz CRDi at one of the showrooms at Kolkata on 14th August by signing a cheque for 50k.However, within 2 hours of leaving the showroom the salesperson called to tell me that he could not log-in the application with the Hyundai on-line booking because there were no CRDis avialable anymore.All this after repeatedlty assuring me that no matter what he would get me a Getz CRDi.Heart broken;dreams shattered;withdrawal symptoms; and well, whatever feeling you could associate with a situation where your dream car was no longer available no matter even if you could afford to purchase it on cash downpayment.

Having been told this, I stopped my quest for my dream car as I was pretty sure that there were'nt any pieces available.For someone who wanted a diesel hot hatch there was just no option left in the market: The more I considered the other options, the more I felt that there was a serious lack of power in all of them...now, dont get me wrong,all of them have adequate power in today's day and age, but then a Getz CRDi was something else.N mind you, I'm not someone who frequents the highway or logs on more than a thousand kms a month.But, I've driven the Getz CRDi and the rush that the car's acceleration had given me was something I still cannot describe in words.

I tried to move on.Heck,I even bought myself a P220 on the 21st October in a way hoping that the acceleration it would offer would be something on the lines of the Getz, going by the rave reviews bout the performance of the bike..Well,the P220, its a fantastic performance product from Bajaj.All said and done, I still havent been able to get over the Getz CRDi.

Cut to 10:58 a.m. today:I came to know from a couple of threads here that some pieces still might be available at the factory.To cut a long story short how do I go about confirming this news and procuring one if possible..the Hyundai Customer Service in the Eastern Region says its not available any more:but then they've been saying this since August, when I know for a fact that some of my friends here got themselves new cars even in the months of October/November.

Friends, any help would be appreciated..As is apparent from my long post, at the moment I'm restless and there's pretty much no other car that exites me like the Getz does.

P.S.:i'm sitting at the moment in my office and re-reading the various threads on the Getz CRDi.I know the Getz is flawed in many respects and there were/are better products available.I also know that buying a discontinued car brand new might be..is a laughable proposition/depreciation disaster.But then beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What else do I write/say?

Cheers:thumbs up

Dear octane , I can understand your pain. But you need to think logically ;)
Assuming Getz CRDIs are out of the market, here's what you can do:

1) Look for a used Getz CRDI that satisfies your requests . I'm not sure how you will convince that owner to give it up.Look for an owner for whom the car is not his second wife.

2) Look for a used Verna CRDI. You can get one at the price of a new Getz for sure. From what I know , this car has even better performance figures since the gearbox is well tuned to the nature of the engine.I may be wrong. You can TD a Verna CRDI from the showroom to check this out.

3) Some claim the i20 diesel is good and returns the same performance figures of the Getz CRDI. It is pricey at over 7 lakh OTR.Supposedly suffers from massive Turbo lag even though it has a VGT.It may be worthwhile.

Now to add my 2 cents. I still haven't understood why Fiat cannot introduce the VGT multijet in the Palio.

Have fun!

well, in this case nothing could be done if eastern region does not have a single car left with any dealers,mail to hyundai india and see if they can send one to kolkata dealer on your confirmed booking if its possible by their side which seems negative.
Look out if you can get one used crdi or even verna diesel.Else its new 1.4 crdi mill is to go for.

@vijay and rpm:Thanx a lot for your replies guys.

As far as considering a used Getz goes there was one up for sale here but during its short ownership period of a year or so the car had seen some major bodywork repair including the rear pillar,door,windsheild replacement,etc.Needless to say i dropped the deal.

Fro what I've heard on this forum, the Getz although not a very good handler, is somewhat better than the Verna in this respect.Also, I dont wana go for a Verna simply because I dont need the boot.Moreover, as I'd specified earlier, i was always on the lookout for a hot hatch.

Have already mailed HMIL in this regard, but have just an auto-generated mail for my efforts.

recently one of the t-bhp members who resides in noida had bought getz crdi from karnal, because none was available in delhi/NCR.

i dont think that any of the getz crdi's will be available at the hyundai's godown in chennai. if some dealer has this car available only then can you hope of buying it new.

i had to undergo a similar dilemma, but luckly, i got my crdi.

the options you have

you can lookout for a used crdi.

go for the i20 crdi, if your budget permits.

go for punto or swift vdi.

i know its a great car, but it is a bit too late looking for a new crdi now.

@pb10gagan:Thnx bro, if you're talking bout "AZA",going by his thread I contacted the karnal showroom a couple of weeks back and well..I know it for a fact that the karnal showroom doesnt have any for sale.

@octane1002.

i have been driving the getz crdi for a few months now, and covered more than 6000 kms.

i was also a big fan of this car, and was as anxious (or maybe even more) as you for the car. and the car has not disappointed me.

but, its not the best driver's car around. beleive me i am telling you from my experience, the big and heavy diesel engine upfront is not the best around turns, but its a rocket in straight line.

the intial excitement of buying a new car stays for a few months, after that its the reality time. so you should keep all factors in mind.

i would request you have a test drive of swift vdi or punto. i have heard these cars have a great chasis and are a driver's delight. and these cars are as good as if not better than the crdi.

@pb10gagan:Mahn, I can see the glee in your post on having been lucky enough to acquire the Getz..:)

If you refer to my post above, I have made myself very clear in the last paragraph where I've stated that i do know of the flaws the car has but still would like to give it a shot.In any case my daily drice is in the city and neither do I frequent highways and nor do I have any plans to visit the tracks soon:D..So, I can live with the flaws of the Getz.

hi octane!! Getz has a slight braking issue other than that its a bag full of laughs!! I'm having a lot of fun with this car. People in bigger cars are just taken aback when a small hatch overtakes them and keeps pulling ahead. FE is good too, like recently i got 17ish kmpl while driving in city.

anyway i will find out and let u know if there are any crdi's available around here

aZa
What braking issue with 17" wheels ?

As a last hope I would say check with dealers in remote places or towns who might have at least one for you in the stock yard.
If you are really serious, try to Contact all the dealers in W.B through phone. If you are lucky you might get one. Nothing wrong in trying.

All the best for the hunt.:thumbs up

Hunting for a brand new carclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1602438)
aZa
What braking issue with 17" wheels ?

What does wheel rim diameter have to do with braking, Kevin ?
It is tyre compound and tyre width. :)

If the Getz is not available, a pete'd swift would come close to it I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1602573)
If the Getz is not available, a pete'd swift would come close to it I guess.

As an Overall package, pete'd swift will be more fun to drive than a Getz CRDI.
The Chasis and tyres are two major limitations on the Getz, While you have ways to overcome the latter, not much can be done to the former.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi10
The Chasis and tyres are two major limitations on the Getz, While you have ways to overcome the latter, not much can be done to the former.

Monocoques in road cars, these days are made well enough. No flex like the good ol' days of body-on-frame. It will take a years,bad maintenance, and high mileage to start showing signs of monocoque weakness.

Its just that the Getz is soft sprung and hasn't been "tuned" with enthusiastic driving in mind.