Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner commanding 3 Lakh+ premium in Grey Market! EDIT Booking opens in Jan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner commanding 3 Lakh+ premium in Grey Market! EDIT Booking opens in Jan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70409-toyota-fortuner-commanding-3-lakh-premium-grey-market-edit-booking-opens-jan-3.html)

I hope no one from T-bhp has bought a Fortuner with a premium amount.

1) Less than 1% of the buyers would be buying - paying such a premium so there is no possiblity of Toyota taking this as a reason for price rise - though removal of excise benifits given to beat the recession in Apr 2010 could be a valid reason.

2) If the off take against such a premium was higher than Toyota would detect it immediately. This is mainly done by multibrand showrooms (in colusion with Toyota brand showrooms - without the offical setup being directly involved, the penalty of removal from the network that Toyota can impose is too stiff for such a chance to be taken.)

3) The demand is especially high now for the marriange season and earlier was for the diwali season where specific dates and special occation gifting was required.

4) Millenium Toyota at Thane (mumbai promised me a a normal delivery around March for a car booked in Jan.)

Agree with ACM. This hype is purely from people who want to be the first few owners of a new model and secondly related to wedding/festival buying. The premium will soon disappear. A year from now, I see free insurance deals like with the Innova.

Should we merge this with our Review thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1607263)
Should we merge this with our Review thread?

Maybe not. Since this thread will no longer be useful in a few months. The review thread will still be useful for buyers.

WOOOOTT!!! i can't beleive it wow!

i hope toyota now does not raise the prices buy giving stupid resons like cost structure and steel prices and the mighty yen has been responsible!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 1607425)
Maybe not. Since this thread will no longer be useful in a few months. The review thread will still be useful for buyers.

As long as Fortuner is in short supply this thread will be alive, so will be Toyota dealers arrogance.

Ravindu and Nandi in Bangalore claim not to guarantee delivery for 12-24 months depending on day of booking (1st day, 2nd day or 3rd day after bookings opened, 4th day the bookings closed!!); so in Bangalore people very well may pay through their noses if they want the car bad enough !! I suppose there will always be basket cases out there.

Dealers are milking money from the customers. Many of the politicians using their influence ana grabbing this from customers who were in waiting period for a long time.

In HSR layout in B'lore I've seen 2 Fortuner's in the same lane. This seems to be in Envy of neighbors.

Any idea about waiting period in B'lore. And which dealer is demanding more premium amt.?

I went to the Toyota dealer in Jalandhar about 3 weeks ago. They quoted a 6 month wait for mica grey but said bookings were also suspended. No test drive was possible either.

Guys
The dealer told me last week that I will be getting fort this month as I am 7th in the booking list(grey colour). but yesterday they say that only 3 grey color cars are coming and that I have to wait till jan. I definitely suspect some foul play in it. How do I know the actual details of the same?
Cheers

This may be because your car has been diverted to a more 'willing' customer. But look at the other side, you may be getting a 2010 model in January. The flip side is that you may have to bear the brunt of a price rise that TKM is contemplating about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 (Post 1614803)
Guys
The dealer told me last week that I will be getting fort this month as I am 7th in the booking list(grey colour). but yesterday they say that only 3 grey color cars are coming and that I have to wait till jan. I definitely suspect some foul play in it. How do I know the actual details of the same?
Cheers

You are better off with a Jan delivery date - ask for Jan manufacturing date as well. Better value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 (Post 1614803)
Guys
Cheers

well you can wait and can ask for 2010 manufactured vehicle.might get at end of Jan or Feb.

The story dealers are using is "A customer who booked the car is willing to sell it at 3 lacs plus. I will talk to him if you are interested"

This is called daylight robbery. Toyota is obviously sleeping