Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 10:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Cool, actually never new the RS Combi was available in India. Rare cars indeed - Lucky owners

The mods (exterior also seem limited to the minimal, and both cars look lusty.

thanks a lot, for the compliments and appreciation's
it was just now that we thought of team-bhp as an forum always live about anything and everything for Automobiles. so we decided to get regular and share what our passion and enthusiasm makes us do with the Cars & Bikes.
actully some year back, in 2007-08, we also had a pair of red RS Combi & red RS, with this yellow pair, of which red Combi was mine but had to sale for some personal reasons, and the frien who had the red RS moved out from our RS squad. don't have the pics of all RS's together or could have posted....sorry.
we'll be in touch hence forth........
Autoserve group, A,Bad.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great snaps. Never knew that there is VRs in combi model. The big brother looks good.

Love the smoked alloys of other. Looks HOT
Old 30th November 2009, 18:40   #18
BHPian

there is lots of difference between the normal octy either petrol or diesel and the RS . first of allapart from the front and side skirts, spoiler the changes are skin deep. the boby has an extra strengthing as it has 1.5 times more rivets then the normal one so as to increase tortional rigidity. now however u modify the normal octy , u can not induce this thing and it shows when you are driving this car .
second one is , it comes with sports suspentions as opposed to normal onece and these are extra stiff , up to the point of discomfort its stiff , but u r rewarded in the handling department as it is so sharp and focused that on smooth roads there exists very few things to challenge it
next u get a small dia steering wheel which is a best fit in a hand to direct it towards u r intended path . aim n shoot.
also u get a sunroof which is still not avelable in new laura even at 17 laks , aluminium drilled padels , spider alloys which still i havent seen on any skoda model yet , xenons, rain sensing wipers which come in only expensive cars , and the most beautiful thing - the seats - which are recaro- now tell me where else u are having this as std fitments? and those recaros really give u such a position and support that u wont miss awrc car for that. simply awesom.
apart from this u get the vRS logos on the gear lever , front grill , on the boot ,seats matts , engine cover which makes so feel so special . and yes the climetronic ac.
and this skoda offered at the prise tag of rs 14 laks when it was launched. guys there is nothing like it yet and wont be even . thats why it has achived the cult states which it really deserves at 210 kmph . it really rocked .

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2009 at 18:48. Reason: Readability, please take time typing in with proper punctuation, Capitalizing etc. Thanks
quattroa4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2009, 11:57   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Beautiful photo shoot of some truly rare enthusiast cars. Surprisingly, the Combi holds its own - aesthetically - next to the RS. Though, the RS with black wheels + roof looks simply astounding.

Pictures indicate some nice roads. Did the two of you teach everyone else a lesson in Handling 101?
Old 1st December 2009, 12:02   #20
BHPian

@QUATTROA4 : you are highly mistaken abt some things here
There is no difference between the normal octavia and the rs version in terms of the body strengthening. and what riveting are you talking abt, where are the rivets?

with regards to the suspension, there is some slight difference between the petrol octy and the diesel octy , guess due to the difference in engine weight

with regards to the "drilled" pedals, the pedals are not drilled , and they are not aluminium , its just a garnish which is clipped on to the pedal, and it has a slotted design .

the seats are not recaro, they are just look alikes
Old 1st December 2009, 12:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pictures of the two Skodas quattro. Personally I feel that the Combi has a lot of character. I have never seen a yellow RS Combi on the roads before. The location is perfect for a shoot. Where have you shot these?
Old 1st December 2009, 12:09   #22
BHPian

Brilliant

Absolutely brilliant.

Could you also post some close-up pictures of the sedan. Just want to see the black roof. It is looking quite nice.

I wanted the YELLOW RS as well, but unfortunately, Skoda had stopped the YELLOW color when I was in the market for RS.

Cheers.
Old 1st December 2009, 13:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Awesome pictures of the two Skodas quattro. Personally I feel that the Combi has a lot of character. I have never seen a yellow RS Combi on the roads before. The location is perfect for a shoot. Where have you shot these?

thanx a lot dude,
the location is Ellora caves, 20 km from Aurangabad.
Old 1st December 2009, 13:32   #24
BHPian

thanks a lot GTO , dippy and everyone who have posted replies , and these are the words of yours that prompt us to do such things specially for team-bhp.
will come up with something else again. THANK YOU !!!
Old 1st December 2009, 13:45   #25
BHPian

hey ardy , as u said these are some more clips for you
Attached Thumbnails
RS Vs RS Combi-27112009199.jpg  

RS Vs RS Combi-27112009195.jpg  

RS Vs RS Combi-27112009193.jpg  

quattroa4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2009, 14:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4
hey ardy , as u said these are some more clips for you
Hey Quattroa4, Thanks so much for sharing additional pictures.

On a lighter note, I am envious of you having the YELLOW vRS.

Cheers.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:46   #27
BHPian

great shots. What can i say it just great to see one of the rarest cars together and that too in yellow. Wow!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks