Team-BHP - Honda Jazz @ Discount.... Beginning of Price Correction !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda Jazz @ Discount.... Beginning of Price Correction ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/70869-honda-jazz-discount-beginning-price-correction-3.html)

I think Honda could have made a better sales, had they decided to give year-end offer in pricing, as Ford is doing with Fiesta, Instead of giving more goodies at the same, high price tag. With the i-Vtech engine, it would be a great buy, if only at a lower price.

Today's bangalore newspaper says free insurance on the Jazz for december.

Perhaps they can give the cash instead of some quite useless stuff (massager, company chosen seat covers).

FYI, Jazz sold 546 in 11/2009.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasudeva (Post 1622871)
FYI, Jazz sold 546 in 11/2009.

:Shockked::uncontrol They deserved it.

Seems like they want to meet target and that's why this advertisement. As somebody already pointed out i really doubt goodies really worth 52K.

They are giving 4.99% interest rate on 5L or free insurance. Not both.

If they give both then atleast it will be a little more vfm.

Goo dies worth 52K from the authorized dealer would be worth juat about 25K in the outside world.

There was a prolonged argument (war!) on the reasoning of Honda Jazz' pricing on some other thread. I do not wish to repeat it here.

But I wonder what will happen to the resale values three years down the line. This car is more expensive than competitors by so wide a margin that you would have to knock quite some amount while reselling. In 2012 why would somebody buy a three year old Honda Jazz for say five lakhs when he can get a brand new Punto, Fida, Swift (new one), Polo, i20, Sandero (looks more convincing than the Logan), new Toyota Small car etc for the same price?

Thanks to the way Jazz is priced, i guess it has become a blessing in disguise for otherwise overpriced i20

I am hearing many stories of people choosing i20 over Jazz since i20 is cheaper than Jazz and if i am not wrong it is fully loaded

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 1623033)
Thanks to the way Jazz is priced, i guess it has become a blessing in disguise for otherwise overpriced i20

I am hearing many stories of people choosing i20 over Jazz since i20 is cheaper than Jazz and if i am not wrong it is fully loaded

I think you can get i20 diesel with sunroof & 6 Airbags or 1.4 Auto with Sunroof & 6 airbags for the prize of Jazz :D

It certainly is a stock clearance.
Honda took their City strategy and priced Jazz higher, stocked it more hoping that people will buy for Honda badge.
People are smart; realization kicks in 'why to buy a hatch at that price when I can buy a decent sedan without the Honda badge'.
Honda must realize that the premium pricing strategy will not work out in sub 7 lakh. The customer under 7 lakh would need maximum value for money and a premium brand alone will not suffice.
Its India we are talking about where people look for more VFM and Honda can win this segment or any lower segments only when it becomes a VFM car. :thumbs up
Now that they are toying with a idea of much smaller car, Swift beater I presume, they have to get their India Pricing act together.

25k straight off on the Jazz from Delhi dealers and that's without any bargaining!

Honda is always reluctant to lower prices, infact they appear somewhat religious about it, and I guess this is good for resale value, but it also puts a greater responsibility on them to get the pricing exactly right, and while they have got away with it on the City, with the Jazz its proving more difficult.

The pity is Jazz is a good car, good design, great internal space and layout, somewhat encumbered by 1.2 engine, 50-75k less would have made all the difference imho, and given more space and flexibility on City pricing.

Whether stock clearance or not, 50K is still not enough. The Jazz deserves a price correction of atleast 1.25 lakhs.

Ajmat had mentioned a Renault instance on another thread : In the UK, they overpriced some car. When the market didn't bite, they accepted their goof-up, corrected the price to more realistic levels and sent a voucher to all existing customers. This is the only way for the Jazz to move forward.

I remember somebody from Honda mention in an interview that production cost of Jazz is similar to making a ANHC, so Honda might be avoiding repricing City. Minor discounts like 50k wont do any wonders to Jazz's sales.