Team-BHP - Your opinion on beige interiors
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Your opinion on beige interiors (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/71481-your-opinion-beige-interiors.html)

I noticed that a lot of bhp-ians really hate the new trend of beige interiors, especially on small and mid-sized cars. To get an idea of this, go read the thread on the VW Polo.

Manufacturers seem to imagine that Indian customers love beige interiors. Something about achieving a 'premium' look. I thought a poll on India's largest automotive forum could set the matter straight once and for all.

Do you prefer beige? Or black?

EDIT: I realized that people's choices may differ according to the type of car, so to make things clearer, some basic criteria when you vote:
1. Imagine that you're choosing the interior colour for a car that costs less than 20L.
2. Imagine that this is the colour you may choose for your next car (subject to the 20L price cap).
3. This is the stock configuration - plastic dashboard, fabric/leather on the seats and portions of the door trim.

It really depends on the car, I mean generally I prefer black, but for example if I had to purchase an M3, I'd want fox red interiors. :)

Overall my vote goes to black. Easier to maintain and black leather looks 'classier' IMO.

beige is very difficult to keep clean.I have seen scores of cars that look yukky because the seats/panels/roof lining haven't been shampooed.

Black and silvergrey look much more sporty and "maintainable"

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigsom (Post 1630802)
beige is very difficult to keep clean.I have seen scores of cars that look yukky because the seats/panels/roof lining haven't been shampooed.

Black and silvergrey look much more sporty and "maintainable"

I agree. They sure are very difficult to maintain. The most irritating thing about beige interiors is that it is very prone to black shoe marks on the doors.
IMO, manufacturers should provide a choice of black/beige interiors on every car.

I prefer beige to black, it gives airy feel though difficult to maintain but certainly love beige.

Haha, the last word on beige interiors. Great thread.

As for me, I've never been a fan. Its harder to maintain and the colour just gives me an awful feeling. Personally, I'd rather have black/grey any day.

No straight answer from me. Like beige as long as the quality of plastics is good. In fact love beige leather. For poor quality plastics, black is my colour. Black hides the poor quality/ finish to some notes

When I throw up, mostly it's beige!

Quote:

Originally Posted by S350L-E240 (Post 1630849)
When I throw up, mostly it's beige!

I do hope manufacturers use other techniques to make beige interiors :)

beige color looks good but the reflection off the front windscreen makes it a little difficult to drive. I am sure many people would be having the same issue.

Black or any other traditional color iss what I would be getting when i purchase a new car.

Black, Black & Black. Having two beige interior-ed cars in the house now means that I'm permanently fed up with cleaning them, its such a pain to keep them clean.

I would prefer black interiors any day.

I guess it's more of an Indian thing. Our cars tend to pick up more dust/dirt both inside and out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEnd (Post 1630792)
I noticed that a lot of bhp-ians really hate the new trend of beige interiors, especially on small and mid-sized cars. To get an idea of this, go read the thread on the VW Polo.

Manufacturers seem to imagine that Indian customers love beige interiors. Something about achieving a 'premium' look.

@theEnd, what we dreaded has come to pass. What's left of the essence of the international Polo gets the split black/beige treatment.

(My opinion: black any day in decent soft touch plastics, not this cheap trendline hard plastic in a color that reminds me of a badly watered-down coffee)

Beige it is for me..

Quote:

Originally Posted by srh (Post 1630845)
Like beige as long as the quality of plastics is good. In fact love beige leather. For poor quality plastics, black is my colour. Black hides the poor quality/ finish to some notes

I think otherwise. I'll consider a black interior only if the quality of plastics is great.

IMO black interiors looks good on any car, no matter how cheap the plastic is while beige does look good on some premium cars, may be its due to the fact they use quality plastic.