Team-BHP - Accord 3.5 V6 - Guess who's getting one?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Accord 3.5 V6 - Guess who's getting one? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/71759-accord-3-5-v6-guess-whos-getting-one.html)

Apparently the governor's wife wanted more horses, so she's getting herself 271 of them! :deadhorse

"The Honda Accord 3.5 V6 will be at the service of Alemla Jamir, wife of governor S C Jamir, and the proposal has been sent to the general administration department of the state government along with other requests."

..and I thought we were in the middle of the worse recession ever!

Link

I dont blame him. Its the government that has to make clear cut rules as to which post should get what car.

Its like giving someone a blank cheque and expecting him to fill in a small amount. Never works.

Shan2nu

This is huge buy and even the Judges won't be allocated with these huge amount for their car.
This can be some what acceptable if it was for governor and totally not acceptable for his wife.

If at all an Accord has to be given her, why does she need a V6? The purchase cost would be 6-7 lacs higher and it will be a fuel guzzler and will be a constant drain of public money.

Does she want to feel high and mighty sitting in a V6 or has some Honda dealer has manipulated things to get rid of an unsold car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akj53 (Post 1637950)
If at all an Accord has to be given her, why does she need a V6? The purchase cost would be 6-7 lacs higher and it will be a fuel guzzler and will be a constant drain of public money.

Does she want to feel high and mighty sitting in a V6 or has some Honda dealer has manipulated things to get rid of an unsold car.

It isn't about it being a gas guzzler or a more expensive car my friend.

For the Governor's wife, it has to be the best!

She wouldn't want some other bloke to pull up next to her in a V6 Accord while she's seated in her 'lower-spec' 4-pot Accord now would she? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 1637997)
It isn't about it being a gas guzzler or a more expensive car my friend.

For the Governor's wife, it has to be the best!

She wouldn't want some other bloke to pull up next to her in a V6 Accord while she's seated in her 'lower-spec' 4-pot Accord now would she? :D

Governor's wife ??? Wouldn't an Amby just do fine for her??. If it has to be the best for the Governor's wife why can't he spend from his own pocket. Why does it have to be from our Tax money. By the way things are going in our govt. I'm pretty sure one day everyone would be demanding for Land Cruisers. And i don't know if the public even understands, in the end it's all their money that the politician's are wasting :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS (Post 1637932)
This is huge buy and even the Judges won't be allocated with these huge amount for their car.
This can be some what acceptable if it was for governor and totally not acceptable for his wife.

+1 to this . What did she do to deserve a V6 ?? And more so she doesn't deserve an Accord in the first place.Amby would just be fine for her as it's our money that the govt. is spending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 1638142)
+1 to this . What did she do to deserve a V6 ?? And more so she doesn't deserve an Accord in the first place.Amby would just be fine for her as it's our money that the govt. is spending.

An ambassador would be just fine. But given the state of affairs of the ambassador and availability of other options at similar price point, may be a new ger C class car could be given. But an Accord that too a V6, too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 1638131)
Governor's wife ??? Wouldn't an Amby just do fine for her??. If it has to be the best for the Governor's wife why can't he spend from his own pocket. Why does it have to be from our Tax money. By the way things are going in our govt. I'm pretty sure one day everyone would be demanding for Land Cruisers. And i don't know if the public even understands, in the end it's all their money that the politician's are wasting :Frustrati

So much for being Govt. servants eh? :D

I would call this waste of money. I dont see a point in V6 version of the Accord for chauffeur driven purpose, A 2.4 would serve the exact same purpose for lakhs cheaper.

I don't think the decisions of getting a V6 was hers. I bet she wouldn't even know what a V6 is in the first place. She must have just asked for an Accord and some idiot must have told her to get the V6. :Frustrati

In fact us getting to even know that she has asked for an Accord is a big deal. Who knows how many Merc's, Skodas and Bmw's other politicians have bought for their wife's, girlfriend's, kids etc. using the taxpayers money. :deadhorse

She probably needs something to flaunt at her kitty parties. :D

Food-inflation is at 19.95% for Christ's sake! And then comes a lady who wants a 3.5 V6 from the governments pocket. Stupidity at its best! The amount going into the car plus the fuel can feed some poor people around. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkydevil (Post 1638686)
I don't think the decisions of getting a V6 was hers. I bet she wouldn't even know what a V6 is in the first place. She must have just asked for an Accord and some idiot must have told her to get the V6. :Frustrati

In fact us getting to even know that she has asked for an Accord is a big deal. Who knows how many Merc's, Skodas and Bmw's other politicians have bought for their wife's, girlfriend's, kids etc. using the taxpayers money. :deadhorse

For all you know, she would've probably said, "I want this Accord in this colour, and I want the best version of it with everything in the options list!" And if my guess is right, the V6 Accord fits the bill! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkydevil (Post 1638686)
I bet she wouldn't even know what a V6 is in the first place.

Worded my thoughts. It will be her rich spoilt son (spoilt my our tax money:Frustrati) demanding the car. IMO, they should be stripped of all their privileges. I mean everything. Everything.Some people in our country hardly manage a meal a day and here she is, ordering a 20L+ car for her comforts.:Frustrati

it depends upon who, actually bought the car, the governer with his salary can surely afford to pay the emi's for this car! and they have no expenses. everything is provided to them!

but if its from the govt coffers then this is a sad thing! i am sure his young son mustve put forward the request!! its not moms who drive V6 accords! :P

@sachinj12 err... buddy i thinks more than 20lacs. its 27 lacs onroad for the V6!!