Team-BHP - Moved before car delivery?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Moved before car delivery? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72147-moved-before-car-delivery.html)

Hi All,

I am expecting delivery of Tata Nano sometime in Jan'10. The car is booked and paid for at the NOIDA dealer. Since the booking, I have shifted to Hyderabad and plan to take the car down.

So is there an option of not registering (paying taxes, etc.) the car during delivery and driving/shipping it to HYD and doing the registration in AP?

I wouldn't want to be paying double taxes, first to U.P. (though would be refundable, i assume) and then going through the hassle of transfer of registration et al.

please suggest the next steps or some other alternate way.

Cars are registered in the state of residance which appears on the invoice. So if you get your HYD address on the invoice, the car can be easily registered in AP.

If the invoice has the Noida address, then you will have to register it in UP and then get a transfer. So ensure that you get your Hyd address on the invoice.

thanks for the advice.

Pardon me if I sound silly, but the invoice would be generated at the time of delivery right?. Note that I have already made the complete payment to the dealer a few months back (before I moved) and the receipt is under the NOIDA address.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro (Post 1646303)
Note that I have already made the complete payment to the dealer a few months back (before I moved) and the receipt is under the NOIDA address.

That doesnt matter. Inform the dealer well in advance to put your Hyd address on the invoice. For his records, also provide him with a change of address letter and some address proof of Hyd (rent agreement copy or whatever).

The dealer can arrange from his end to have the car trucked directly to Hyd, without registration. Ask any local Tata dealer to arrange registration for you - for a small charge of course!

Yes the invoice is generated at the time of delivery. You can inform the dealer about the address change and the address you want on the invoice.

Send a mail to Tata and the dealer requesting them to give delivery in Hyderabad and from a local dealer, this should not be a major issue as the car is expected only in the January and thers's lot of time to change the delivery schedule from Noida to Hyderabad.

Just sit back and enjoy your Nano after the delivery

Thanks for the advice guys.

Let me get in touch with the dealers and see the response.

Though I suspect the dealer in NOIDA not cooperating due to loss of payment incase I choose a local dealer or the local dealers lack of cooperation incase of some arrangement resulting in lack of monetary benefit for it.

But, before I assume things, I would just confirm things first hand and keep you guys posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro (Post 1646303)
thanks for the advice.

Pardon me if I sound silly, but the invoice would be generated at the time of delivery right?. Note that I have already made the complete payment to the dealer a few months back (before I moved) and the receipt is under the NOIDA address.

Invoice is certainly generated at the time of delivery. And any change in address can be looked into by dealer before Invoicing. But, Nano is different. The Invoice is generated by TATA MOTORS and not by dealer. Dealer only takes a print out from system after final payment is made. So, there is little dealer can do. What you need to do here is, Send a mail to Dealer and customer care at TATA MOTORS. Normally, they would ask for proof of address and stuff for new address and promptly make changes at their end. You are better off making such communications now to avoid confusions later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowda79 (Post 1646330)
Send a mail to Tata and the dealer requesting them to give delivery in Hyderabad and from a local dealer, this should not be a major issue as the car is expected only in the January and thers's lot of time to change the delivery schedule from Noida to Hyderabad.

Just sit back and enjoy your Nano after the delivery

A delivery location change is a lot more tricky than that. Of course, people at TATA MOTORS can provide better advice but Nano being pre-allotted vehicle, any change as such would cause dealer Inter stock transfer which is very difficult for dealers between two states owing to taxation complexities.

But, Once again, you are better off communicating with customer care since there may be ways around all the legalities. I am sure you wouldn't be the first person to call them up with these problems.

Hi,

AFAIK it does not matter, you can take delivery of the NANO in HYD itself.
I know somebody whose Nano was allocated to Chennai dealer and the payment / booking was done in B'lore via Bank loan. Now we got the dealer changed to B'lore.

You can change it to Hyd itself.

HTH

Best thing is talk to Tata people. They shall definitely help you out.
Take the delivery in hyderabad and get it registered directly there.
(Also please keep us posted on the development)

If transporting the vehicle is not an issue you can temporarily register the vehicle over in noida and then register the vehicle in HYD later. Temprory registration doesn't cost much. By doing so you can reduce the other overheads.

Before you take delivery please specify clearly that you need your Hyderabad address on Invoice. All the cars in north India are delivered with a temporary registration that's valid for one month from date of issue. Transporting the car with temporary registration wont be a problem.

Getting the car delivered in Hyderabad is a better option as you would save the transportation cost and hassle. Most transporters are cruel to cars being transported, i cannot tolerate something like this to my brand new car, especially since its a Nano.

BTW Which color and Variant is it?

Thanks a lot for the advice people.

I had a word with the NOIDA dealer and they'll get back to me regarding the status in a couple of days.

Its the top version in Sunshine Yellow. It was actually for my sis, but since she's had change of heart, I decided to get my hands on it!. Though i am a little concerned about the colour, is it too girly? :p

Also, the car is alloted in my uncle's name, would that be an issue at all? I would be clarifying all this with the dealer anyways, but just keep you guys in the loop too.

Update: Well I was a quite late in informing TATA about dealer change and hence the car has been delivered in NOIDA itself. So what next now?, the dealer says that there wont be any issues in taking the car to Hyderabad and UP registration wouldn't be an issue.

I know for a fact that in NCR - cars from different states don't ever face a problem (except J&K i guess)...so is registering the car in a different state really required?

PS: I simply love the car. The ownership would follow once I have the baby down with me in Hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monaro (Post 1671365)
Update: Well I was a quite late in informing TATA about dealer change and hence the car has been delivered in NOIDA itself. So what next now?, the dealer says that there wont be any issues in taking the car to Hyderabad and UP registration wouldn't be an issue.

I know for a fact that in NCR - cars from different states don't ever face a problem (except J&K i guess)...so is registering the car in a different state really required?

PS: I simply love the car. The ownership would follow once I have the baby down with me in Hyderabad.

Do not listen to teh dealer on taking it there with no problems.

Dont register the car in NOIDA (if pending) and take it to Hyderabad with all the manufacturer forms for RTO(dont remember the numbers)and Invoice etc with a temp number.

Register it directly in Hyderabad (check their RTO website) and pay the road tax etc there only.

Non-AP registered car will have problem in Hyderabad and you might face harrassment with the local traffic/ RTO people, eventually making you pay twice, for the road tax there also.