Team-BHP - Volkswagen Polo specs. EDIT : 11,111,111th Polo rolls off in Pune (Pg. 18)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Volkswagen Polo specs. EDIT : 11,111,111th Polo rolls off in Pune (Pg. 18) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72568-volkswagen-polo-specs-edit-11-111-111th-polo-rolls-off-pune-pg-18-a-7.html)

After reading the points here, I still feel, there is no other car which has pure VFM like the Palio Sports 1.6. Power, Decent interiors, Stability all packaged well for a price that is a loot !

And the site says all the models 1.2, 1.6 and 1.2 D will be launched.

Wow, the New Polo website talks about the 1.6L petrol.

Quote:

If it’s extraordinary power that you desire, the 1.6 litre petrol engine which develops 105 PS (77 kW) will surely delight you.
This must be the racing version of the Polo which the Economic Times quoted a VW India exec as saying will be released in June.

Now we have official confirmation! clap:

Edit: The brochure gives details of all three engines. The 1.6L petrol has 105PS @ 5250 RPM and 153Nm @ 3750 RPM. Only a five speed manual though. No DSG option.

aaah finally some good news. 1.6 petrol with 105 bhp, 0-100 in 11.1 sec. thats simply great news. broucher is impressive. nonetheless now we have great powerpacked hatch in market. always missed the better trims on Palio 1.6. great going VW

Guys check out the brochure on the polo site! Has lots of info on it and even the interiors look good! :)

1.6L engine also with 105 HP should be fun but expensive :)

and turning radius is 4.97m :P

my guess is trendline will compete with swift and punto, while highline will take on i20, fabia etc.

Hello,

As per the VW dealer here, the announcements for the variants will be made on 10th Jan and Bookings will commence soon after that. They are expecting to start deliveries around mid feb. They want to pull in the March ending rush :)

Also during the beetle and touraeg lauch when we had a discussion about the POLO launch he said that the Petrol motors will be launched at the same time i.e. 1.2 & 1.6 where as Diesel will be available around JUNE/JULY.

Now only time will tell what is the truth. Lets all wait and watch. I am egarly waiting for 1.6.

I was going through E broucher and there are few things missing like ACC and MID for the modern car but lets see the price range then only can we decide or compare with other cars.

i really wish they would have come out with an auto box instead of manual, at least they could offer it as an option!

Boot should be same as in Punto at 280 liters. UK version has that much boot. Indian version has almost same dimensions except for shorter wheelbase and shorter in height. Black interiors and seats in UK version, but two tone black/beige on indian Polo. Overall a nice looking hatch, Pricing of the 1.2L variants at what price is the point to ponder upon. if they price it right then they will be able to sell else it will another Fabia story. 1.6L will be surely expensive and only available in highline.

I hope VW has the 1.6 on display at the expo this week.

I think someone did not do a good job of proof reading that spec pdf sheet. It says that Highline version will have 15" alloy wheels but says that the spare will be the 14" steel one :D
Is this what they mean by German Engineering -- even a 14" spare would do :D

My calculations went wrong this time. apologies and VW, give us a shocking price.

That's a space saver spare wheel, and it is pretty common in Europe. I think at one time Maruti did the same thing on the Swift ZXi model, giving only four alloys and a steel wheel for the spare. But after an outcry, they discontinued the practise and gave an alloy for the spare also.

In this column only 1.6 seems interesting part for me.. all others are a yawn even compared to Punto. And give me a break memory setting for the seating positions (did I get that right) woohoo.. dont expect any indian to pay a rupee more for such funny features. I would rather set my seat correctly instead of paying more bucks for such funny looking features..

@xingamazon

Where did you read this Memory Setting for seating? Is that an Audi spec which you read? ;-)

The 1.2 Diesel has impressive power and torque figures. (Hope the 3 cylinder mill does not lead to too much vibrations and is reasonably refined).

Polo is the first in its class with respect to the below features:
- Average fuel consumption and range to empty (I20 maybe, not sure)
- Remote allows to operate side windows too

If the diesel is refined enough, I guess the Polo Comfortline can easily happily command a premium of 20-25k over the Swift VDI.