Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 22:19   #1

The Fiat Palio stile 1.6 Sport not available any more?

Hi!
Does anybody know if the Fiat Palio stile 1.6 Sport has been completely taken off the market?
I thought this was my last chance to buy this great car because I heard they're gonna stop it some time next year, and so I threw in my advance money for a black palio 1.6 at a dealer's in Bangalore. They took the money and 3 weeks later when I stopped by, they told me I cannot by the 1.6 any more, and "would I like to go for a Palio 1.3 MJD, a 1.1 or a Punto?" !!!
Since I don't like any of those cars, I said, could I have my money back please?
Does anybody know if they have really stopped selling the 1.6 already? If so, it is a damned pity, and I feel cheated. The marketing people at Fiat-India need to go back to school, or leave the job to somebody else. I am so freakin' disappointed!
Old 29th December 2009, 22:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you wait for the new Palio, it is expected to be launched soon ? I don't know if it will have the 1.6 engine, it might.
Old 29th December 2009, 22:51   #3

Well, I do hope they have the 1.6 on it, then. Does anybody know for sure?
Old 30th December 2009, 09:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfulcarver View Post
Well, I do hope they have the 1.6 on it, then. Does anybody know for sure?
I doubt if the 1.6 can stay with the BS IV norms coming in effect next yr?

The 1.6 is best bought pre-owned (depreciates like a stink), there is one posted on our classifieds if you are keen...
Old 30th December 2009, 10:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

IIRC the dealer will place an order for the 1.6 with the company - they usually donot stock the 1.6s. But if you want one - better hurry up.
Old 30th December 2009, 14:18   #6
BHPian

Hey a month back one of my friend got his Black Palio 1.6 delivered from Concorde. I spoke to a guy in prerana also, he said its still available but with a 2 months waiting.
The salesguy at concorde was kinda confident that 1.6 will not be stopped and will be made to order since Fiat respect enthusiasts. They have stopped 1.1 though.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

@ Bliss: Most of the dealers especially the TATA variety are too lazy to sell cars that take an effort. They are most happy with selling what they have and hence I suggest you get in touch with Mangesh Kondalkar at FIAT who will be able to give you the correct upto date info.
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES LIMITED
Corporate Park II,
5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur,
Mumbai – 400071.
India.

Tel: +91 - 022- 67293800 The 1.6 engine had already been detuned to 98PS in order to meet the BS-III emission norms and may not see the light of the day under BS-IV. So hurry!
Old 30th December 2009, 17:06   #8
BHPian

I would suggest you to wait till January as the new Palio is coming. Fiat could launch a powerful variant considering the legendary 1.6.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:45   #9
BHPian

If the new Palio is round the corner, better wait for it. Else, there should be many 1.6s in the used car market. If lucky you might end up with a stonker of a car for much less.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, wait for the Auto expo, and then, if there is no update from Fiat on 1.6 front, go the pre-owned way - you have nothing to loose - a well maintained 1.6 should not be that tough to find.
Old 30th December 2009, 18:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
a well maintained 1.6 should not be that tough to find.
There are hardly any well maintained GTX for sale in India. I know this out of experience.

I had one that I sold recently and was very lucky to get an exceptionally well maintained one soon after.

Good GTX's are very hard to come by.

Its very unlikely that the new Palio is showcased at Auto Expo. Maybe the Punto 1.6.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
There are hardly any well maintained GTX for sale in India. I know this out of experience.

I had one that I sold recently and was very lucky to get an exceptionally well maintained one soon after.

Good GTX's are very hard to come by.

Its very unlikely that the new Palio is showcased at Auto Expo. Maybe the Punto 1.6.
I agree with Beejay. Nice 1.6 GTX's are hard to comeby. Few of them which are still there with their first owners, will not be parted, 2nd and 3rd owners who know the car's worth will not be selling them.

And a new car any given day is better than a howsoever well maintained vehicle.

So take your choice. If you are really serious ( you seem to be) get hold of FIAT officials and get a specially ordered 1.6 for yourself.

Cheers
Old 30th December 2009, 23:55   #13

Thanks a ton for the replies, guys!! I think I will wait a bit, and if Fiat doesn't do the sensible thing with the new cars, I guess I will go the pre-owned way. My friend got an excellent GTX last weekend, and I missed a very reasonably priced, almost new, 1.6 stile by a few minutes the other day. I think my ride is out there somewhere, in the factory or in a garage... I'll get it soon!!
Old 11th April 2010, 01:38   #14

Check Once again!!

Hi, I know for sure that Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport is now made to order. This said, there are some dealers who claim to be selling 1.6 Sport.

Well, I am still amazed at the fact why Fiat stopped production of this beauty. I am a proud owner of Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport, brought this on Dec 2007. I will personally have this checked with few of my contacts at Concorde and respond back to you.. till then.. you can head to concorde and contact Mr. Sandeep (Diary Circle, Opp Christ College).

Thanks - Santosh Punagin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks