Team-BHP - Fiat Linea and Punto Prices Increased-2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Linea and Punto Prices Increased-2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72920-fiat-linea-punto-prices-increased-2010-a.html)

Hi All,
Fiat has increased the prices of Linea and Punto.
I dont have confirmed prices of Punto, but i surely have price of Linea.
Linea Dynamic pk has been discontinued. :(
Linea Active- 7,25,000 18000 increase
Linea Dynamic- 7,49,000 22000 increase
Linea Emotion- 7,94,000 12000 increase
Not sure about Linea Emotion Pk.

I hope they will make some improvement on the interior fit and finish on Punto to justify the increase.

any reason for price increase? Sales figure of both Linea and Punto are just meeting or below expectation now. not sure what is going to happen after price hike :Frustrati

Lucky me!!. i got the emotion pack for 7.87 lakhs

Linea Emotion was Rs. 7.70 and E PK was Rs. 8.02 on road during June 2009.

Fiat India and Fiat Linea.in websites doesnt reflect the price hike. Infact, the price list is disabled.

This is the 3rd price hike in the last one year.

Not sure what will happen to the sales. Nov sales was close to 2000 but december was just 1008. Almost 50% dip in sales.

Interesting to see what will be the pricing for T-jet when it is launched.

Sales may decrease. I think that wil be bad for Fiat. They were doing pretty good compared to earlier. Atleast they should improve on plastic quality. And might be, improve their service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1664124)
any reason for price increase?

As quoted earlier by Fiat, the reason is increase in input cost.

wow, just when the combined FIAT sales reached a low of 1K in Dec. Dumb move, FIAT.

But aren't a lot of manufacturers gearing up to raise prices in 2010, going by this thread? car prices all set to increase in january 2010

But I agree, for FIAT this comes at a perfectly wrong time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1664205)
wow, just when the combined FIAT sales reached a low of 1K in Dec. Dumb move, FIAT.

Was the plant shut down for maintenance during December? These must be sales from Fiat to Dealers I assume. This does not bode well for the future anyway as Polo, Beat and Figo will be positioned as good alternatives in the premium hatch segment.

It was very much expected!

I hope the plastic quality is improved now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1664205)

combined sale is < 1K! i am waiting for t-bhp sales figure report for December to check the split between Punto and linea

now with more new car launch planned for 2010, this is really bad :Frustrati
unless T-JET is launched tomorrow at Auto expo, FIAT is going to have tough time in 2010. please bring on T-JET FIAT.

Fiat is doomed. Chevrolet will grow. Don't blame me, look at Fiat's sales figures.The culprit: manza.

well the increase is inevitable. My friend was working on the pricing of punto during his internship. He said that they launched the car 15% below the price they initially wanted to sell.

Fiat doomed or not, they are here to do business, they can't keep selling the cars at the cost price!
They need margins to recover their investments & sustain their operations.

Linea + Punto is anyway selling well according to their expectations, if not burning sales charts!