Team-BHP - Chevy Beat pricing announced (3.3-4.3L)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevy Beat pricing announced (3.3-4.3L) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72946-chevy-beat-pricing-announced-3-3-4-3l.html)

Chevrolet Beat launched!

All prices ex-Delhi in lakhs:

Chevy Beat pricing announced (3.3-4.3L)-beatt.png

As I had predicted, its super VFM pricing. The base variant @ 3.34 lakhs is 60,000 cheaper than all of its 1.2 liter competition. Heck, its on par with the i10 1.1 liter engine variant.

The top end - with ABS & airbags - is again 45,000 cheaper than the equivalent Ritz / i10 variants.

that is quite an competitive pricing GMI has set for the beat. Seems they want to kill the 1.2L market after its success in breaking the small car market (e.g 800,Alto, etc)

Makes me wonder if Hyundai would change its pricing for i10.

Lets wait and watch :D

Wow that's a true VFM pricing, well done GM. Hope things will improve for GM India

Snug fit between the Spark and the UVA. But for those weird looks, this is easily the best option in the segment.

If you look closer- the highest sold in i-10 is the Magna 1.2 and the sportz models and not the 1.1. Now against that, the beat is almost the same price so probably the 1.2 Kappa will score over the beat considering all factors including the price. The 1.1 may lose out as there is a more powerful 1.2 base version option for customers..as it is hyundai is not very aggressive on its 1.1 going by what i experienced when looking at buying the i-10
Overall- its a good positioning for GM but does not look like a sure winner as far as my assesment goes

Is the Beat going to be threat for Maruti Ritz and Swift - will have to wait and see how the market reacts. So are we going to see a good competition among the hatchbacks in the coming months (with some more models are expected to enter in the market?)!

Here's the details of different Beat variants.

Chevy Beat pricing announced (3.3-4.3L)-beat.jpg

Source: Taken from Overdrive's tweepics.

After the Cruze, this is the proof that why GM has gone bankrupt!!:uncontrol

LIL birdie called up Kropex and Sundaram and both were clueless, here in BLR. Sundaram said they will get details by 10th lol.

I have left my numbers with Kropex for test drive, if we like it this will be the 3rd car for the family :) Thank you GM!

That's killer pricing! looks like GM has hit a home run this time!

Stunning pricing... the industry is now moving towards price correction and GM seems to be leading the charge! Maruti and Hyundai be dammed!

very competitive pricing!, i think they are running on low margins! as they want market share badly. and in india killer pricing is everything.

indian consumers is very price conscious, and worried about the mileage :D
i personally would pick up the top end variant as it gives me climate control(ritz,i10 lack these) with all the basic safety features. ---- ahmedabad stays hot 10 outta 12 months!

plus some serious upgrade to tyres and snazzy alloys would make it look! damn hot!
at the risk of sounding cheesy, i am gonna say this. this car has pimp up(mods) potential :D

Just 2 words!

"BEAT THAT"

Great job GM. Hats off to you!

Wow.. Great pricing. Good think i haven't book the Ritz yet! Will definitely check this out and see if it BEATs (pun intended!) the Ritz!!!

Thats a neat price. Even their website doesn't seem to have been updated.

In Bangalore with all the killer taxes its going to be atleast 5.5 lakhs for the top variant!