Team-BHP - Hyundai Getz...Major Problem and Hyundai isnt responding
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Getz...Major Problem and Hyundai isnt responding (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/72982-hyundai-getz-major-problem-hyundai-isnt-responding-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedz (Post 1666706)
Have already dropped hints about consumer forum and team-bhp, and that only elicited the lackadaisical, nonchalant response, "sir even Mercedes Benz also does the same and no court will help, try if you want "

Speedz get these responses in writing before you approach the courts I am pretty sure once you start a written communication with the Service Center Things will start moving in the positive direction.

Agree with Jaggu, looking at the description it seems its a tire manufacturing issue best way forward is to go to the consumer court and file an appeal.
I guess some pictures of the tires would give an idea to all of us and who ever is watching this thread!

To begin with, thanks to all those who have at least taken the time to go through my rather long post and for responding with so many helpful suggestions.

Have undertaken almost all the suggestions given in this thread. The Goodyear guy was not bothered in the least when i pointed out that my life was risk whenever I drove this car. Hyundai guys "seem" to care bit it is just that they are not doing anything about it.
  1. No one is willing to put anything in writing.
  2. Goodyear is obliquely pointing the finger at the car, thus putting the blame on Hyundai.
  3. Hyundai hasn't responded in writing that the fault lies with the tires. They are just telling that the warranty is handled by the vendor and they are doing me a great favor by agreeing to give two tires.
So if Hyundai and Goodyear are not able to resolve the issue as to whose fault it is, how does this even help the one caught in between. And the best part of the whole fight is that they are doing this without blaming the other party in a direct, cognizable, arguable manner. This way they are both safe form the other's litigation or legal action and yet they get to save their money and they both get to take the customer for a joy ride.

In a crooked sense, kudos for the strategy. Wish they would put this much corporate energy into building better rapport with the customer and retaining a customer' trust.

Really buggered up situation, as requested by others, please post pictures of the tyres along with the details of the batch no/ manufacturing year on the sidewall. This will help detect the problem and potentially highlight to other users.

I have been recommending i10s and i20s several times in the 'What Car' section but given the attitude shown by Hyundai dealers and the lack of response from the manufacturers, no more! The fact that complaints to the manufacturer are just fwded on to the dealer is incomprehensible...

My suggestion to those planning to buy GetZ cars. I hear that they are still being sold with Goodyears. At the very least, look into the possibility of swapping the tires to Apollo Acceleres at the dealers place before delivery. I am not saying all Goodyear tires will be bad, but at the Hyundai service centers they look down upon Goodyear tires and recommend Bridgestones and Apollos.

I have seen the way the tyres have gone busted, believe me, I was shocked to see a tyre can go kaput like this. It is very evident that the kulprit are the tyres.

I still fail to understand why Hyundai is running away from this fact. As many BHPians have suggested, you should start collecting documentry evidences.
It will be great if they realize and start acting positive or you will still have the documentry evidences if you decide to approach the consumer forumn.

Could you upload some pictures of the tyre's and post them here.

Also its a good idea to shoot out letter/emails and make phone calls to Hyundai customer care and get the complaints registered. Some reference number would be useful later on.

@ Jaggu and others,

Will definitely post up pics tomorrow. Probably will have to ask a friend to take pics as I do not have a camera at my disposal.

I have already made numerous calls and shot off mails to Hyundai customer care. Have saved all the mails and the paltry single response sent from Hyundai.

My experience with service providers and manufacturers is that a case built well with evidence will not go unattended.

Same holds good here - try and find some big link in GY.Tyre Gurus can also help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedz (Post 1667748)
My suggestion to those planning to buy GetZ cars. I hear that they are still being sold with Goodyears. At the very least, look into the possibility of swapping the tires to Apollo Acceleres at the dealers place before delivery. I am not saying all Goodyear tires will be bad, but at the Hyundai service centers they look down upon Goodyear tires and recommend Bridgestones and Apollos.

:thumbs up. Thats what the mechanic told me when I went it my own complaint with tyre vibrations. Wheel balancing sorted out the issue. I use Bridgestones and he said mine was the very first complaint really with these tyres.

By the way, Goodyear tires are the cheapest tires in Hyundai's part bin. At least this is what I infer from their price list for Goodyear, Apollos and Brigdestone tires. A torquey, 110 bhp, nose heavy car and Goodyears. Interesting combination.:Shockked:

It has been exactly one month since the issue was reported to Hyundai and they have responded with just one mail and three calls; parroting the same solution.

Do the car manufacturers really bother to keep an eye on forums?:deadhorse

Hyundai is taking more than a month to fix a problem and asking the customer to risk his life so that they save themselves a couple of warranty claim tyres?

I wonder what happens to customers who go with clutch issues? :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigsom (Post 1667804)
My experience with service providers and manufacturers is that a case built well with evidence will not go unattended.

Same holds good here - try and find some big link in GY.Tyre Gurus can also help.

Kaput tyres are the biggest evidence here, faulty suspensions or any build issues will not damage the tyre to an extent where the rubber will come out in patches.

Another long update.

Just received a call from Ms Latha representing Hyundai Regional office (henceforth referred to as 'she') and the same story all over again. Hyundai is offering me two tyre replacement at 25% of the cost. No matter how many times I explained, she was unwilling to listen to the reason that all the tyres have a problem of uneven wear and tear.

And she told me that I have only visited the showroom twice as per their records. So I told her that I have been there half a dozen times and wanted to know how I could get proofs of my visit.

At this point of the conversation, the service manager was pulled into the call.

I said that I wanted a written document from Hyundai that the tyre wear is not caused due to mechanical components of the car and it is the fault of the tyre. She backed out and gave the reason that they will only state that the car is perfectly good in condition. She refused that Hyundai can/will comment on the tyres as tyre warranty is not supported by them. I wonder why she was infusing warranty when all I had asked for was a report as to the root cause of the fault. I said I needed a written/documented proof and received a refusal of the same although I did mention that Hyundai has chosen the tyres and they should stand by their product.

The pressure was on me to just accept two tyres and close the issue. I refused to accept stating that I wasn't willing to experiment with my life. And that I will accept the solution of a replacement of all the tyres. This suggestion was ruled out categorically as being too far out of their company norms and policies.

After discussing, the decision was that the tyres need to be inspected another time by Goodyear and Hyundai. Although this might take a week or more.

So this means that the inspection carried out the first time was incorrect? Or is this just buying time so that Hyundai and Goodyear representatives can together refute the claim. Hand in glove, in cahoots anyone? Basically, Hyundai and Goodyear are roosting together and gleefully trying to wiggle out of a warranty claim.

So the suggestion given on this forum was correct, Neither Hyundai nor Goodyear is willing to point fingers at each other's product being at fault. It wouldn't be surprising if , at the next inspection, they together find that the customer (me) was at fault. lol: Certainly the most logical thing for them to do.

So one small response atleast, make use of it and push and get all the tires replaced with something other make than those horrid OE GY's :D Its ok to pay the 20-25% cost i guess for such a deal.