Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/73610-tata-safari-2010-a.html)

From Tata press release.
http://www.tatamotors.com/our_world/...ata-Safari.jpg

Tata Safari, Model year 2010: The Tata Safari, in its model year 2010, has been made BS IV compliant and further embellished. The country’s first indigenous thoroughbred 4-door SUV now sports accentuated exteriors and refreshed interiors. The exterior enhancements include chrome plated grill and chrome plated ORVMs. The interiors have been completely refreshed in a dual dark graphite and beige theme with tan-coloured leather upholstery and door inserts, a new instrument cluster and faux wood in the centre console. This further enhances the attractiveness of the Safari which, in the top end version, already comes with ABS, dual airbags, reverse guide system and DVD/MP3 system with dual LCD screens. The Safari range comprises four variants in 4x2 and 4x4 versions

Please post if there are any more pics of exterior and interior.
look at the new chrom treated ORVM and Grill.

-MUKE

OMG! They are going to make the alloy wheels chrome!! I thought it was just for the expo. Please Tata, give us back the matt finish alloys.

All cosmetic; i dare say. And frankly the safari has nothing wrong with the way it looks in the first place.
It still commands as much respect as anyother set of wheels this side of 20 lakhs.
The only thing wrong is the dodgy QC with the Tata's.
You never quite know when living your dream becomes your worst nightmare.
Its a game of toss buying this beast. But it doesnt mean i dnt ogle shamelessly at one every time i see it. :)
BSIV compliant; yeah right.
They should have somebody mapping the assembly and QC process too instead of just on the road parameters. TQM or Six sigma or whatever anybody ???

Please post pictures of interiors if you have any?

The press release says it has refreshed interiors and also NEW instrument cluster. looks like they tweaked interiors fit and finish.
i am eagerly wanting to see interiors pics.

-MUKE

There is a new Chocolate brown color, from what I saw at the expo. But I would have loved to see the safari in the Xenon bright Yellowish orange finish, or maybe Copper color.

Keeping Indian public's fixation with chrome, TML has awarded
a generous helping of chrome in this '10 model. Chrome grill, chrome ORVM, chrome alloys.
Whats next Chrome stepney cover?

Safari could do better with those chrome alloys. They look kinda gaudy.
Matt finish looked better. Subtle but not understated.

Almost every second Safari that I see in and around Punjab has been given an overdose treatment of chrome with things like after market alloys etc.
Based on this I can say that Tata safari sales are only going to increase in Punjab, what with all this company fitted chrome.:D
And black colored Safari is going to be in demand.

What about the interiors...

the Safari never looked bad anyways but the crome may be a little over done.

man i want a safari so bad :p. my pops says i am to young to drive an suv heheh. i can't be trusted with this 2 tonne monster :D. the best thing about this suv is that everyone respects it on the road. they give way to this baby anytime anyday anyplace you take her!

and about the facelift or whatever you wanna call it. i can take the chrome but i cannot digest dual tone safari! people buy it in white but i prefer black, it looks menacing in that color!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1682015)
OMG! They are going to make the alloy wheels chrome!! I thought it was just for the expo. Please Tata, give us back the matt finish alloys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1682073)
There is a new Chocolate brown color, from what I saw at the expo. But I would have loved to see the safari in the Xenon bright Yellowish orange finish, or maybe Copper color.

You dont want chrome but those colors???

Guys, check the AutoExpo thread for more pix. I loved the interiors.

And it gets a water cooled EGR ( as was reported here)

I am scared of chrome not because of looks, but because of longevity compared to other finishes. Its most suceptible to rust specially if the water is on the harder side. For the alloys add a small scratch and there goes the looks and finish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amikacin (Post 1682097)
Keeping Indian public's fixation with chrome, TML has awarded
a generous helping of chrome in this '10 model. Chrome grill, chrome ORVM, chrome alloys.
Whats next Chrome stepney cover?

Safari could do better with those chrome alloys. They look kinda gaudy.
Matt finish looked better. Subtle but not understated.

Imagine Chrome Bumpers and Side claddings, Jhakaas!!!

@JK, I do not want due to the issues given by Dadu. Tata safari logo is a smallish piece of chrome, and it goes bad in three months(it was once replaced under warranty, but new one also go that rust). If tata gives similar quality in the alloys, its gonna look real ugly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrsteer (Post 1682111)
...And black colored Safari is going to be in demand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caramelo (Post 1682179)
... i prefer black, it looks menacing in that color!

OT: Like this ? :D

Tata Safari 2010-2009_tata_safari_vx_4x4.jpg

I think chrome alloys and grills look gorgeous on all black 2010 safari in the first post. Missing mid '09 updates like ORVM lights and dicor badges make mine look two generations old in comparison :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj96 (Post 1682214)
OT: Like this ? :D

Yeah yeah, thats the most beautiful piece ever built :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj96 (Post 1682214)
I think chrome alloys and grills look gorgeous on all black 2010 safari in the first post. Missing mid '09 updates like ORVM lights and dicor badges make mine look two generations old in comparison :(

Chrome might not suit all colors and not everyone will buy black. Hope they consider this as an option ONLY.