Team-BHP - Pajero prices drop
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Pajero prices drop (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7371-pajero-prices-drop.html)

According to ACi new pajero will be available for 18L. Will it sell now?

The one they may be talking about may be the two door model. If not then there should be strong reason for the change hope the latter is true :p

Quote:

Will it sell now
NO it wont sell!

No ABS, no airbag, nothing. What for!! Poor looks i mean outdated to the new Pajero!! People would prefer other better technology superior cars with better diesel versions like CRDI!

Heard of the Terracan ? same drivetrain / chassis underneath, different engine - airbag etc. simlar price

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
Heard of the Terracan ? same drivetrain / chassis underneath, different engine - airbag etc. simlar price

Not to mention better interiors, more equipment and IMO, better looks for the restyled version. (new grille).
The new Terracans are popping up all over the place in Pune (most in black), but one can hardly see a new Pajero. Infact, I have never seen a new Pajero (2.8L one) here.

people its the new pajero they will be selling for 18lacs and not the old model HM was manufacturing. The expected price of 18lacs looks on the higher side. It may be a good buy instead if its the 3.2 model they are stripping down.

HM-Mitsu must price it around 14-15lacs in competition to other suv's in this segment to gain numbers in sales.

The Pajero is one bad boy when it comes to off-roading. It would surely be my pick if I am looking for an 18 Lac SUV (subject to the consistent delay of Toyota Fortuner).

Butttttttttttttttttt will it sell? Nope.

GTO

The 18 lakh Pajero is NOT the new one, but the 2 generation old version. Wonderfull off road, but a bit past it's sell-by date now, and the "twin colour" paiunt job looks like accident damage to me!

That said, i would love to get my hands on a good used Pajero.

the pajero CRZ, when launched, will be bang in the endeavour territory (costs leaning more towards the hurricane 4x4). but, at that price, the pajero is a good deal. in fact, it's a great deal... i would take the red triple-diamond over the blue oval any day... and plus, the paj has something that the endeavour will never have- unmatched off-roadability, great comfort, and that one other important thing- it's the only other SUV besides the safari that any indian 5-year old can recognise...HUGE pose and brand value...

oh, and did i forget to mention...it's a PAJERO...!!!! at 18 lacs, it should be quite a seller.. (well, at least it should outsell the endeavour- the paj sales had discontinued in the metros because it wasn't euro-III....another hindrance alongwith the hefty pricetag...at 23.5 lacs, you could get the terracan [on-road price, thane], which was much better value...and you get a mutha of an engine...)

The 18L Pajero might be the Pajero Sport / Montero Sport/ Challanger. The lower spec 5 seater Mitsu sells in some markets.

Gears,
Red-One.

Quote:

The 18L Pajero might be the Pajero Sport / Montero Sport/ Challanger. The lower spec 5 seater Mitsu sells in some markets.
nope..it's the revamped, more localised version of the existing pajero 2.8. the montero might be coming in next year...but all the information on the prices and the specs are just speculations; for now....

Mubarak Ho! Mubarak HO!

Mitsubishi ne hum indians pe 2nd Time Ehsaan kiya!
first time ehsaan kiya vo khatara Pajero launch karke!

Now by dropping its price by 2 lks, another big Ehsaan,,,,,,, mai zindagi bhar yaad rakhunga!

Mitsubishi, and its stupid strategies of launching funny vehicles in India! what do they think, all Indians are beggers! ? if there r quiet a no. of beggers on indian roads, it doesnt mean every indian is a begger!

they should be hanged, till rust takes them down!
hahaha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
The 18 lakh Pajero is NOT the new one, but the 2 generation old version. Wonderfull off road, but a bit past it's sell-by date now, and the "twin colour" paiunt job looks like accident damage to me!

That said, i would love to get my hands on a good used Pajero.

This Pajero should be sold at 12 lacs ex showroom, if they want to make it a success story in India. anyway the tools and dies are all free since its an outdated model. Like the Qualis was intrduced at a special price on these considerations and was a success. HM will still make money, but guess they are trying to make more money not realising it will still remain a non starter at 18 lacs++

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby05
...anyway the tools and dies are all free since its an outdated model. Like the Qualis was intrduced at a special price on these considerations and was a success. HM will still make money, but guess they are trying to make more money not realising it will still remain a non starter at 18 lacs++

Thats the mantra of HM...Its the same with Amby or Contessa.
Its simple, go find out scrapped tools and dies, vermin-eaten blueprints, hire some tinkers and roll-out the product till the world ends.
They should rename their company as Hindustan free-tool-and-die Motors.

Pajero is no doubt a typical off roader, but not worth especially this old model.