Team-BHP - KIA - Sorento Advertisement on TV. No details here ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   KIA - Sorento Advertisement on TV. No details here ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/74431-kia-sorento-advertisement-tv-no-details-here.html)

Hi All,

Today afternoon I saw the add for a KIA vehicle and it is KIA Sorento. I dont find any details here. Thought I will start a thread for details.

Google didn't get me much details.

US webite for Sorento - Kia Cars, SUV, Minivans, & Future Vehicles - Kia Motors America

Regards,
b-positive

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-positive (Post 1704347)
Hi All,

Today afternoon I saw the add for a KIA vehicle and it is KIA Sorento. I dont find any details here. Thought I will start a thread for details.

Google didn't get me much details.

US webite for Sorento - Kia Cars, SUV, Minivans, & Future Vehicles - Kia Motors America

Regards,
b-positive

You must have seen the advertisement on Star Sports/ESPN telecast of Australian Open, which is usually uplinked from a different country. Advertisement is not really meant for the Indian territory.

Have no clue about Kia's Indian Stint.
Not sure, Hyundai would want their alliance partner to compete with itself.

what channel? could be a complete with ads transmission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faramir (Post 1704813)
You must have seen the advertisement on Star Sports/ESPN telecast of Australian Open.

You are right Faramir, IMHO. In Australian Open matches, KIA ads would appear in Star Sports all these years. Last year, there was one featuring Nadal if I remember correctly.

KIA is also official sponsor for NBA :). No way they are coming to India anytime soon. I see their ad on ESPN frequently.

I watched it n number of times in ESPN. I do not think they are planning to enter India anytime soon.

KIA cars are cheap n relatively ok.
In US, KIA Rio once cost so less, that if you bought a luxury car they would give away a Rio for free !:D
Don't think they are coming to India though - probably a global ad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 1705236)
KIA cars are cheap n relatively ok.
In US, KIA Rio once cost so less, that if you bought a luxury car they would give away a Rio for free !:D

Now its replaced by Hyundai Accent and Nissan Versa!!

Quote:

Don't think they are coming to India though - probably a global ad.
I guess its right.
It would be a good thing if you mention which channel was it and what program was being telecast??

Yes its because of the Australian Open. But all things said and done, it is a fantastic SUV after i read about it. If it comes to India, it will give Captiva, X-Trail and CRV a run for their money. The 2.2 diesel engine especially is a gem they say. Kia has been the better performing automaker from Korea.

KIA = Hyundai, so yeah, obviously they perform well.

KIA Motors Australia is one of the major sponsors of the Australian Open. Additionally KIA being a subsidiary of Hyundai is the sole reason for all these rumours.

Kia sorento could help hyundai do what Tucson could not do, i.e. compete directly with innovas, xylos, scorpios, safari, etc. It could be positioned as a cheaper alternative at around 10-12 lakhs. But it is all wishful thinking at the moment. Hyundai has not announced any plans to introduce this SUV.

Even if it was avaliable, i don't think we would get it at 10 to 12 lacs. Here in Saudi, the fully loaded retails at around 120k SR, so when converted, it works outto 15 lacs, plus shipping, duty, registration etc. But i have heard a lot about the Sorento. Comes with a lot of goodies, plus a Harmon Kardon music system.

The 2010 Kia Sorento look a pretty good, and I must say I was impressed with the changes brought about from the earlier versions. I had been considering the 2008 version back in 2007, and it seemed like a good SUV.
Whether or not Kia gets to India, we'll have to see as time goes by.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rg_chn (Post 1706756)
Even if it was avaliable, i don't think we would get it at 10 to 12 lacs. Here in Saudi, the fully loaded retails at around 120k SR, so when converted, it works outto 15 lacs, plus shipping, duty, registration etc. But i have heard a lot about the Sorento. Comes with a lot of goodies, plus a Harmon Kardon music system.

Guys i'm sorry, i stand corrected. The price i mentioned was for the Kia Mohave, not for the Sorento.Got confused between the two.