Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki and Autocar India Present: Young Driver 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki and Autocar India Present: Young Driver 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/74998-maruti-suzuki-autocar-india-present-young-driver-2010-a.html)

Maruti Suzuki and Autocar India have launched a nationwide search for India's best young driving talent. The winner will also become the ambassador for promoting safe driving in India through Maruti Suzuki and Autocar. This competition tests the competitors' knowledge of traffic rules, awareness of road safety along with their real-world driving skill.

The website is up and the running. Have a look.
Maruti Suzuki :: Autocar Young Driver 2010

To Recap last year's contest, read this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...er-2009-a.html

Nice! I had participated last year and had cleared the online test but failed the simulator test. May be I'll fair better this time :)

Their registration process is bugged or something i guess.. They are yet to register the activation email on my registered email id. :( and when i try to login with the email id it says, activate the account! Ab mein activate kaha se karu if dey don send the email. .
che. am dissapointed.

Am trying with another email id now..

What is a good score in this test ? :) , I have scored 75, need to see if I should try again

I have registered. Will give the online test in next few days. Is there any website where I can read the traffic rules?

I just registered, could you guys share your score?

I scored 75. Multiple attempts are allowed. Don't know if this is a good score.

I scored 79. Lets wait for the results of round 1.

Personally i didn't like the simulator test. It was just too unreal.
No feedback. No real life scenario. The stupid car used to stall like no ones business.
We drive far far better in a real car than in this simulator. Its good only for new learners.

Lets see. Though not too much of enthu this time.

I thought of participating last time,but due to some work and since the final location was mentioned has Mumbai .I was forced to drop the plan.
I will try this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayakumarkp (Post 1720749)
Their registration process is bugged or something i guess.. They are yet to register the activation email on my registered email id. :( and when i try to login with the email id it says, activate the account! Ab mein activate kaha se karu if dey don send the email. .
che. am dissapointed.

Am trying with another email id now..

Surprisingly, it took all of 5 mins for me to get an e-mail notification for activating my account. Now that its done, time for taking the on-line test.

The Autocar Young Driver contest for 2010 is out. check out the website - Maruti Suzuki : Autocar Young Driver 2010 Contest to register. I guess this time they are adding another level of screening - wherein at the 2nd roudn there will be a driving test along with a simulation round.

The contest is a 3 phase contest - phase 1 is online - theory
phase 2 is a simulation with theory and now a practical driving and parking test and
phase 3 will be held at Maruti suzukis IDRT at Delhi.

Its open to anyone below 30 years. IIRC the last date for phase 1 is 25th feb. So good luck.

Last year the competition was tough- considering it was the first time such an event was held, must commend ACI on a concept brilliantly put together and executed.

Looks like this year is going to be as exciting. :thumbs up

Anyone below 30 years doesn't include underages like me, does it? please:

Hell this is s0 unfair.

I scored 86 :D Just 3 marks away from getting to the high scores board.

anybody got any verification sms so far? or is it only for those who clear the first round?

I scored 82 in my second attempt. first attempt it didn't show me the score

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 1742978)
anybody got any verification sms so far? or is it only for those who clear the first round?

I scored 82 in my second attempt. first attempt it didn't show me the score

I got the verification SMS, I scored 76.